0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:47 pm
<satisfied>

That's the fastest ER in the world.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:51 pm
Get some rest, Momma. I'm glad you're back and alright.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:55 pm
Lash,

Fastest ER in the world? Girl, this town is so small the hospital hangs a Vacancy sign out! Very Happy I was the only person in the ER!

Thanx J_B!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 07:56 pm
Good grief. I wish ours was anything like that. I've spent 8 hours in our ER.

But, anyway, glad for the quick resolution, and the stalwart toe.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 08:00 pm
Well, if it wasn't for you that answered this, I doubt I would have done a thing until it got bad. But honestly, when Setanta told me to get to the phone now, I got scared! Shocked

I mean, he and I don't exactly see eye to eye, so when he told me to do something, I JUMPED! Very Happy
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 08:05 pm
Are you going soft, Momma? :-)

Seriously... glad everything is ok.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 08:08 pm
Glad to hear you're back and got that bite looked, MoAn.
I'll let Setanta know.

[size=7]<Don't tell anyone, but he's not all horrid. He wouldn't want anything bad happening to people here. He's got a lot in common with his current avatar. Well, he's not a girl, but he is more fur and bark than anything.>[/size]
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 08:21 pm
ehBeth,

Thank you. I do appreciate it. I'd tell you to give him a hug from me but I don't think I should push it. Very Happy
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:14 pm
Glad to hear you are on the mend, MoAn. You need some better protection for your tootsies. You're not one of those barefoot types are you ? :wink:

And how cool is it that Lash and Set were your knights in shining armor...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:17 pm
Set saving Momma Angel from certain death!

http://www.horror-wood.com/along.1.jpg
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:29 pm
http://my.homewithgod.com/tlfcwebring/angel-bear-hug-LMG.gif
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:34 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked

I......am getting......out of here......
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 09:54 pm
Glad to see you took care of it, MA. A BR bite can kill human tissue if left alone.

http://www.acponline.org/graphics/bioterro/canthrax/brown_spider2.jpg

Now, Edgar posted a picture of a Brown Recluse. You can identify them easily by the upside down fiddle on their bodies.

http://muextension.missouri.edu/explore/wildthing/images/brownrecluse02.jpg

By the way, they love cardboard boxes, attics, and shoes. And any dark, quiet place. If they've moved out to where you're at, that might mean you have an infestation. If you were bitten by one, that means there's a lot more of them crawling about. Time to call an exterminator.

Besides insecticides, glue traps along the floor boards work well catching them.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:04 pm
<shudders>

Glad to know there was a happy ending to this. Well, not for the spiders.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2006 10:44 pm
eeeeeeyuck! I'm so glad Setanta scared you into action, Momma!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:14 am
Momma-Glad that everything is ok. It was very wise, for you to to to the ER immediately. I see that Tico posted a picture of what could happen from a brown recluse bite.

I didn't want to scare you, but that guy that I saw in the infusion center was a real mess. He had been helping his friend who was doing some construction, when he was bitten. At the time, he had not realized what had happened......................until his leg blew up to the size of a balloon!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 06:32 am
when I checked this site yesterday, it was obvious that youd gone to the ER. Had to check in to see that you had no complications. Fasciating Dermatitis can still be an outcome, especially after a few days of topicals. Keep check on the bite site and if it feels even the slightest bit warm , then get back to a doc. The real danger time is well after the first day or so. However, that being the bad side, the good side is maybe , like about 90% of us, your immune system has the built-in diversity to handle and dissipate the venom and all youll feel is some crusty sloughing and itching.
Ticos suggestion about "where theres one, theres another" makes great sense, especially since your immune system can maybe handle only one such bite a year. Many times the venom effects , like wasp stings , can be cumulative so, you keep an eye open on this and get rid of those spiders. You should have some bait traps.Our exterminator comes about 4 times a year cause we live in the country and theres all kinds of wilderness critters that want to share our living space.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 07:53 am
If I have to be a knight, I will wear a chain-mail miniskirt!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 08:03 am
Shocked brrrrrrr, brown recluse, brrrrr, shudder, shudder, brrrrr.

call seven exterminators! i'm so grateful we have no major poisonous spiders or anything really o'er here.

brrrrrrrr.
please keep us updated on your toe!
0 Replies