It's time you realised where we're coming from

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 07:49 am
Anon,

I am sorry that is the way that you feel. Crying or Very sad As for being an easy target, well, if being a Christian makes me an easy target, fire away! :wink:
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:03 am
Intrepid wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
I just wish that you could see that it is not God that is responsible for that but it is mankind that has done this.

Thank you for answering me. I do appreciate it.

Finally! Something that has not gone over your head. Indeed, I do not blame "GOD" ... I know it is mankind that does it! Unfortuantely, the faithful are easy targets, and they DON"T realize it.

Anon

Easy targets? Now you are really showing your true colours. Who are you to determine what goes over somebody's head? If you are as intelligent as you think you are, this kind of remark would not even be made.

This statement shows how clueless you really are. You are easy targets for the rich, venal and powerful ... not me!! Here's how I picture you Intrepid ...

http://www.cyberbuzz.com

Take a purge Intrepid, it might help you!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:06 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon,

I am sorry that is the way that you feel. Crying or Very sad As for being an easy target, well, if being a Christian makes me an easy target, fire away! :wink:

Like I said to Intepi, I don't mean to me!

BTW Momma, I think you are probably one of the sweetest people here. I don't have PM priviledges yet, but I would like to share something with you. My e-mail is [email protected] . E-Mail me and I will reply ... I have to leave soon, but I will do it later.

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:10 am
Intrepid,

I gave you the wrong URL!

Here it is

http://www.cyberbuzz.org

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:14 am
Anon,

Well, I think Intrepid and I both took your statement to mean that Christians were being easy targets for you, as you did not state any elaboration. Guess we misunderstood, huh?

Shocked I wish you had just left the other link and left me to wondering why you posted it. Shocked
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:40 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
I just wish that you could see that it is not God that is responsible for that but it is mankind that has done this.

Finally! Something that has not gone over your head. Indeed, I do not blame "GOD" ... I know it is mankind that does it! Unfortuantely, the faithful are easy targets, and they DON"T realize it.

Anon

Easy targets? Now you are really showing your true colours. Who are you to determine what goes over somebody's head? If you are as intelligent as you think you are, this kind of remark would not even be made.

This statement shows how clueless you really are. You are easy targets for the rich, venal and powerful ... not me!! Here's how I picture you Intrepid ...

Anon

I am clueless? Oh, I forgot, that is the tact that someone with nothing of substance to say takes. Call the other guy names. sigh. Perhaps you should say what you mean. I think it would be obvious to the casual viewer that you were indicating the faithful are easy targets for you. You are usually taking shots at them, so it seems to follow that is what you meant. I guess Momma Angel and I are just clueless sheep that should take what you say and just shut up. Ain't gonna happen.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:43 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid,

I gave you the wrong URL!

Here it is

http://www.cyberbuzz.org

Anon

The first url was more interesting ;-) Either you are as clueless as I am, or found a clever way to post your website. Shocked
BTW - Your glasses are a bit dated :-)

I see that this one is a self portrait. Did you take it yourself?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 09:14 am
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Animals/Barn_Animals/Sheep_dances_2.gif

( Embarrassed Couldn't help myself. Embarrassed )
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:12 am
Intrepid wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Anon

Anon

I am clueless? Oh, I forgot, that is the tact that someone with nothing of substance to say takes. Call the other guy names. sigh. Perhaps you should say what you mean. I think it would be obvious to the casual viewer that you were indicating the faithful are easy targets for you. You are usually taking shots at them, so it seems to follow that is what you meant. I guess Momma Angel and I are just clueless sheep that should take what you say and just shut up. Ain't gonna happen.

You never cease to be amusing. If I were there with you, I'd pat you on the head!! You ARE hilarious!!

Anon
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:14 am
Momma Angel wrote:
http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Animals/Barn_Animals/Sheep_dances_2.gif

( Embarrassed Couldn't help myself. Embarrassed )

Momma, That's great ... I love it!!

Anon
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:49 am
Quote:
You never cease to be amusing. If I were there with you, I'd pat you on the head!! You ARE hilarious!!

Anon

I am happy that I am able to bring amusement to your life. If you were here with me, I'd probably buy you a beer and we could discuss all of the famous people that we know.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 10:55 am
Intrepid wrote:
Quote:

Anon

I am happy that I am able to bring amusement to your life. If you were here with me, I'd probably buy you a beer and we could discuss all of the famous people that we know.

I once met a man that looked a ringer for Art Linkletter. Does that count?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 11:14 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
IMO, religion has no PUBLIC PLACE AUTHORIZED BY THE GOVERNMENT, in a democracy.
Practically speaking the chances of that happening = zero.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:32 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I am clueless? ....I think it would be obvious to the casual viewer that you were indicating the faithful are easy targets for you.

hey! that's me, i'm a casual viewer! i'm wearin' sweats and a tee shirt ! but, i did take it at face value and don't think that it was you, as individuals, that anon was ragging on.

momma and intrepid,

please try to understand, that although you seem to have or had good experiences with religion or faith ( or whatever we call it this year :wink: ), there are a lot of people who have not. clearly anon has experienced something "religious" that has had a negative impact. i have as well.

it's kinda important to understand that for most of us who are not into religion it's not simply a problem with christianity solely. in fact, for most i talk to in regards to the religion of christianity, christ has nothing at all to do with the rejection.

it's "religion as organization" that is problematic for us. whether it's christianity, judeaism, islam, or any of the eastern religions.

we perceive the various organized religions to have specific agendas, most of which have nothing to do with the teachings they claim to champion.

as an equal opportunity disillusioned person ( Laughing ), i can tell you that when i became more inclined towards buddhism, the first temple i joined wa a complete nightmare. the last thing that anyone wanted to talk about was the teaching of lord buddha. donations and evangelism took the firat and only place on their agenda.

so much for "the grass is always greener..."

yeah, there are people who have no belief other than disbelief. some eventually take up some form of spiritual philosophy, some don't. that's just how the world works.

but can we agree that, most people are incredulous that someone with different beliefs from our own "just doesn't get it" ?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:44 pm
DTOM,

I have no problem with some "just don't get it" no matter which faction, side, etc. What I "just don't get" is the derogatory way some treat others because of those different beliefs. Just boggles my mind.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:48 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
I am clueless? ....I think it would be obvious to the casual viewer that you were indicating the faithful are easy targets for you.

hey! that's me, i'm a casual viewer! i'm wearin' sweats and a tee shirt ! but, i did take it at face value and don't think that it was you, as individuals, that anon was ragging on.

momma and intrepid,

please try to understand, that although you seem to have or had good experiences with religion or faith ( or whatever we call it this year :wink: ), there are a lot of people who have not. clearly anon has experienced something "religious" that has had a negative impact. i have as well.

it's kinda important to understand that for most of us who are not into religion it's not simply a problem with christianity solely. in fact, for most i talk to in regards to the religion of christianity, christ has nothing at all to do with the rejection.

it's "religion as organization" that is problematic for us. whether it's christianity, judeaism, islam, or any of the eastern religions.

we perceive the various organized religions to have specific agendas, most of which have nothing to do with the teachings they claim to champion.

as an equal opportunity disillusioned person ( Laughing ), i can tell you that when i became more inclined towards buddhism, the first temple i joined wa a complete nightmare. the last thing that anyone wanted to talk about was the teaching of lord buddha. donations and evangelism took the firat and only place on their agenda.

so much for "the grass is always greener..."

yeah, there are people who have no belief other than disbelief. some eventually take up some form of spiritual philosophy, some don't. that's just how the world works.

but can we agree that, most people are incredulous that someone with different beliefs from our own "just doesn't get it" ?

You are good!! Thanks!

Anon
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 12:54 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
First, I learned to think for myself and look at things logically.( I was 4-5 at the time)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You might want to try that line on someone who has never had kids.

THEY might buy it.

*sigh* I'm outta breath. That was a good one.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 01:01 pm
Makes one wonder what happend since. Eh, Real Life? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 01:16 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
DTOM,

I have no problem with some "just don't get it" no matter which faction, side, etc. What I "just don't get" is the derogatory way some treat others because of those different beliefs. Just boggles my mind.

yeah, i can understand that.

so i guess you can understand how ticked off i get when i hear some religious leaders and their friends at fox goin' off about the evil secularists.

it's really strange to me. secularist implies that while you don't actively seek to end religion, you don't want it to splash over into your daily life either. what's so bad about that ?

i had an interesting conversation with a good friend over the holidays.

he started recounting to me all of the ways that the secular liberals were cagily removing christmas and replacing it with holidays.

so, we talked some and i asked him if he really got why business people say "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas". his response was because of political correctness.

but the real reason that we use it is because in business you interact with people from nearly every religion these days. he didn't think that was good enough. "it's CHRISTMAS break", he insisted.

i pointed out that this year, chanukah fell at the same time as christmas. "so we could easily call "chanukah break", would you have a problem with that ?"

"yes." "why ? " "because it's *^&%$@# CHRISTMAS !!!"

so then it back to the hoopla over saying "merry christmas"... after it was established that nobody was keeping us, personally, from using that greeting, i asked him;

"so how many times did you say "merry christmas" this season ? "

.......... silence........

so, here is but one example of religion being used to further an agenda that in reality had nothing to do with the teachings of christ.

although it did seem to have quite a lot to do with a book written by one of the fox news personalities , entitled "The War on Christmas: How the Liberal Plot to Ban the Sacred Christian Holiday Is Worse Than You Thought". released in late october. "makes a great stocking stuffer !!".

surely you can understand why some people have really had enough of "the conservative attack on people of non-faith".

surely we must all have better things to do ?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 03:18 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
surely we must all have better things to do ?
We do in Canada, we cowtow to Quebec Smile
0 Replies