It's time you realised where we're coming from

JLNobody

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 03:23 pm
We'd be like a bunch of interacting robots.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 04:33 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Chumly,

I do understand what you are saying. I just had to throw that thing in about the shoes. It's a woman thing!

If everyone were completely rational it would probably be a pretty dull world. I am sure A2K would be a lot more boring.
You are so right Smile
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 04:43 pm
Given the premise of the opening gambit
Wilso wrote:
I find it absolutely incomprehensible that a rational human being could possibly believe in an omnipotent, all knowing, all seeing being.My opinion sways between seeing religionists as needing education and counselling, to needing heavy medication and to be locked in a padded room where they can't do any damage.
Chumly must pose the following:

Can any action be wholly justified on the basis of rationality alone or (as I tend to contend) must there at least be an inkling of some version of emotionalism, idealism, spirituality, superstition, religiosity, shoe fashions, dogs as pets and cigarettes (rhymes) etc. playing a part?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 05:16 pm
Chumly,

You are correct....but the problem is not about ANY action, it is about the those actions which interfere with the freedoms of others. We can include here the indoctrination of children with fears of divine retribution, the murder of doctors willing to perform abortion, and the justification of territorial claims by citation of divine authority.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 05:36 pm
fresco,

Do you really think everyone that believes in God is out there interfering with the freedom of others? Do you think we are out there rounding up children and putting then into indoctrination camps? Do you think we have some kind of club going that is out there murdering abortion doctors? C'mon. Just because some do it doesn't mean they all do it!

Over and over again you and others have been told that there are really honest to God Christians that don't do these things! But, it seems to fall on deaf ears!

The least you can do is acknowledge we are not all the same. I have seen non-believers have an absolute fit about someone making a generalized statement about them. I think everyone deserves the same respect. There is no group of anything that everyone is the exact same. Please.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:20 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
fresco,

Do you really think everyone that believes in God is out there interfering with the freedom of others?
YES Do you think we are out there rounding up children and putting then into indoctrination camps? THEY CALL IT SUNDAY SCHOOL Do you think we have some kind of club going that is out there murdering abortion doctors? AN ENTIRE TOWN PROTECTED ONE GUY FOR YEARS ... HE WAS A LOCAL HERO C'mon. Just because some do it doesn't mean they all do it! TRUE

Over and over again you and others have been told that there are really honest to God Christians that don't do these things! But, it seems to fall on deaf ears! MOST OF THEM ARE NOT REAL CHRISTIANS

The least you can do is acknowledge we are not all the same. MOST OF YOU ARE I have seen non-believers have an absolute fit about someone making a generalized statement about them. I think everyone deserves the same respect. WHEN YOU GET OUT OF MY BEDROOM, I'LL CONSIDER IT There is no group of anything that everyone is the exact same. SO TRUE Please.[/b][/color]

This wasn't directed at me, but I had some answers for you anyway.

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:23 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I don't even have the slightest clue as to where you live much less be in your bedroom. But really, Anon, tell me how you really feel.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:23 pm
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I don't even have the slightest clue as to where you live much less be in your bedroom. But really, Anon, tell me how you really feel.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:31 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
fresco,

Do you really think everyone that believes in God is out there interfering with the freedom of others?
YES Do you think we are out there rounding up children and putting then into indoctrination camps? THEY CALL IT SUNDAY SCHOOL Do you think we have some kind of club going that is out there murdering abortion doctors? AN ENTIRE TOWN PROTECTED ONE GUY FOR YEARS ... HE WAS A LOCAL HERO C'mon. Just because some do it doesn't mean they all do it! TRUE

Over and over again you and others have been told that there are really honest to God Christians that don't do these things! But, it seems to fall on deaf ears! MOST OF THEM ARE NOT REAL CHRISTIANS

The least you can do is acknowledge we are not all the same. MOST OF YOU ARE I have seen non-believers have an absolute fit about someone making a generalized statement about them. I think everyone deserves the same respect. WHEN YOU GET OUT OF MY BEDROOM, I'LL CONSIDER IT There is no group of anything that everyone is the exact same. SO TRUE Please.[/b][/color]

This wasn't directed at me, but I had some answers for you anyway.

Anon

You seem a might paranoid. You are also making very broad statements with no basis in fact.."most of you are" "most of them are not real Christians" The bedroom thing was really out there. Is that something political?
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:34 pm
Intrepid,

Despite your high evaluation of yourself, you get things about the same as Momma!!

Anon
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:40 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid,

Despite your high evaluation of yourself, you get things about the same as Momma!!

Anon

http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/frusty.gif
Uh, no, Anon, in this case, the red brick wall would be you. Rolling Eyes Don't you realize you are coming awfully close to sounding like you would like religion outlawed? :wink: At least that's the way it's coming across to me.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:43 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid,

Anon

Oh, no.... I do not have a high evaluation of myself. I am not into self evaluation. Others are only to happy to do that for me.

I am astute enough, however, to notice that you could only answer my post by taking a poke at me. Surely, you can do better than that.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 06:49 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid,

Anon

Oh, no.... I do not have a high evaluation of myself. I am not into self evaluation. Others are only to happy to do that for me.

I am astute enough, however, to notice that you could only answer my post by taking a poke at me. Surely, you can do better than that.

Nope!

Anon
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:06 pm
fresco wrote:
Chumly,

You are correct....but the problem is not about ANY action, it is about the those actions which interfere with the freedoms of others. We can include here the indoctrination of children with fears of divine retribution, the murder of doctors willing to perform abortion, and the justification of territorial claims by citation of divine authority.
I do not denigrate the problem you refer to. I was just demonstrating the human need for a counterpoint to rationality.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:40 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid,

Anon

Uh, no, Anon, in this case, the red brick wall would be you. Rolling Eyes Don't you realize you are coming awfully close to sounding like you would like religion outlawed? :wink: At least that's the way it's coming across to me.

Organized religion is poison! It does nothing for the soul, it is self-centered, and it is corrupted!! When I think of the people that have died in the name of "GOD", I go into projectile vomiting!!

Anon
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:42 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid,

Anon

Organized religion is poison! It does nothing for the soul, it is self-centered, and it is corrupted!! When I think of the people that have died in the name of "GOD", I go into projectile vomiting!!

Anon

Millions would disagree
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:49 pm
Anon Wrote:

Quote:

Anon

Perhaps if you got a thinner paintbrush? All organized religion? It does nothing for anyone's soul? It is all self-centered and it's all corrupted? So much for all the poor people that have been helped. So much for all the sick people that have been cared for. So much for......oh nevermind. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 07:54 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid,

Anon

Anon

Millions would disagree

Would that be the dead ones??

Anon
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 08:15 pm
Nope...
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 09:19 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
Intrepid,

Anon

Anon

Well, Anon, sorry but the alternative that you have consistently presented here , including the name calling and venom is just not very attractive.

BTW, you should take a count sometime of the tens of millions who died in the last century under the boot of atheistic regimes such as the Soviet Union, Communist China, etc.
0 Replies