Mexico wants to dictate US Immigration Policy

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 07:06 am
Sure, we need thier valuable input.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/10/D8F1LRCO5.html

"Diplomats from Mexico and Central America on Monday demanded guest worker programs and the legalization of undocumented migrants in the United States, while criticizing a U.S. proposal for tougher border enforcement.

Meeting in Mexico's capital, the regional officials pledged to do more to fight migrant trafficking, but indirectly condemned a U.S. bill that would make illegal entry a felony and extend border walls.

"Migrants, regardless of their migratory status, should not be treated like criminals," they said.

The countries represented at the meeting _ including Mexico, Nicaragua, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Belize and Panama _ created a working group to design a regional policy to avoid migrant abuse and to follow the course of the legislation.

"There has to be an integrated reform that includes a temporary worker program, but also the regularization of those people who are already living in receptor countries," Mexican Foreign Relations Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said. "

Maybe Mexico should pay more attention to treating their citizens properly so they do not need to coem here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,905 • Replies: 105
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 07:09 am
They just want our greenbacks. Greenbacks are the backbone of all middle american economies. It's their dirty little "not so" secret.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 07:22 am
Do we allow any other people to pass through our borders without documentation, invitation or otherwise legal entry?

I don't understand the argument from those that claim Mexicans should be allowed to come here by sneaking over the border.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 07:32 am
I just started a thread of my own about this. Sorry about that.

Before the discussion getrs weighted down by a bunch of intellectual talk I'm not bright enough to participate in, let me put it this way.

F*ck him and his demands.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 07:19 am
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:12 am
I demand documentation of undocumented American workers in Mexico.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:14 am
Governor Napolitano (sp) of Az has FINALLY gotten the right idea.
She has ordered the Az NG to the border,to assist the Border Patrol.

If every border gov did that,there would be no immigration problem.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:17 am
I know I'm supposed to be the liberal and all, but I have always believed that if you aren't a citizen or have proper documentaion or pay taxes and speak English as a first language or be willing to learn it you should get the hell back to where you came from.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:35 am
Sometimes they can't.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:37 am
JustWonders wrote:
Sometimes they can't.

Why cant they?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:37 am
JustWonders wrote:
Sometimes they can't.

then they need to be assisted in their return. Gently but absolutely.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:38 am
Various reasons. Political, economical.

Sometimes they have nothing to go back to.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:42 am
I heard an interesting fact the other day. You could put all immigrants (from everywhere) in the state of Texas and there'd still be room for more.

The problem with those entering illegally is the drain it puts upon the state's resources.

Southern California was particularly affected several years ago, having to close many large hospitals that fell into bankruptcy (hospital ERs are generally the health care choice for illegals.)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:56 am
Room for more, in what respect? If it's a simple matter of living space, Alaska has nothing but room.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 10:00 am
Too cold Smile
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:12 am
This thread is silly.

The United States speaks up for its interests-- including the interests of its nationals and corporatation. The United States does this often without regard for international law or local laws.

This is how diplomacy works between two friends (and aside for those who hate Mexico and Mexicans the US government and most Americans see Mexico as a friend and partner).

The key to what Mexico is saying is that "Migrants shouldn't be treated as criminals regardless of their status".

I happen to agree with them.

But even if you don't agree with them, it is certainly not inappropriate for them to say it.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:14 am
Quote:
"Migrants shouldn't be treated as criminals regardless of their status".

If they are here illegally,then they ARE criminals.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:17 am
ebrownp doesn't have any respect for the laws of the U.S. He prefers to subvert them.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:19 am
The point of the article used to start this thread is Mexico's right to advocate for its nationals (your contention has been argued ad nauseum elsewhere and doesn't even interest me any more).

The US protects people who break the law when it suits our interests. Dissidents in China are lawbreakers. The US applies plenty of pressure to keep them from being mistreated. In the past at least one US national was arrested in China and the US sprunghim-- in spite of the fact he clearly broke the law.

If you hate Mexico, this article might get your blood pumping. But if not, this is what any national (including me) would expect from their country.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:22 am
I agree Mexico has the right to argue in favor of its nationals. The question I have, is why doesn't Mexico want them back?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies