Another Bloody Day in Iraq While Bush Poses for Photo Op

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 09:47 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Roxxxanne,

This is not a fair question. No one is asked to sacrifice their child for this war. The soldiers that are in the military are there because that is the choice they made. They know full well what the consequences may be.

Sorry, if it is unfair to ask blind partisans to think.

It is a very fair question. One that no one is willing to admit to answering no.

OTOH would you be willing to sacrifice the life of your only child to stop someone like Hitler from coming to power?

I know hypothetical questions might be difficult for non-critical thinkers but try real hard, you might get it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:10 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
Roxxxanne,

This is not a fair question. No one is asked to sacrifice their child for this war. The soldiers that are in the military are there because that is the choice they made. They know full well what the consequences may be.

Sorry, if it is unfair to ask blind partisans to think.

It is a very fair question. One that no one is willing to admit to answering no.

OTOH would you be willing to sacrifice the life of your only child to stop someone like Hitler from coming to power?

I know hypothetical questions might be difficult for non-critical thinkers ]but try real hard, you might get it.

Roxxxanne,

I decline to answer because you don't even have enough respect to let your question stand on its own. You feel you must ridicule instead.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:21 pm
I'm sorry, I have a COMPLETE TANGENT. Roxxxanne - does 'west of the pecos' mean you live in NM? And, is your avatar an image of that (I can't remember her name) arabic comedienne?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:42 pm
You can dodge it any way you like, the point is, everyone knows the truth. this cause is not worth the blood of a single American.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:45 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
You can dodge it any way you like, the point is, everyone knows the truth. this cause is not worth the blood of a single American.

Nothing is worth the cost of any life, Roxxxanne, except for God. No one is saying they love the war and that we should be over there just a killing away.

Problem is, you and others sure seem to make it seem that way. What do you do about the war other than post here on A2K and imply that anyone that backs Bush backs the war? What do you do to try to make this world a better place? What solutions do you offer instead of your fingerpointing?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 11:43 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

Nothing is worth the cost of any life, Roxxxanne

What?????????????????????????????????????

There are many causes that are just. WTF are you talking about?

I would fight to the death to defend this country. You wouldn't?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:00 am
You would fight to the death to defend this country? Yet, you ask anyone else if they would sacrifice their child? You would die for this country yet you rail against the war and our country's leaders? Do you realize how hypocritical that sounds to me? Our troops are dying for our country!

I'd died for my God. I'd die for my country. I'd die for my family.

One life being given up for something solves nothing, except for the life of Jesus Christ. His one life meant something.

That is what I meant by nothing is worth the cost.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:04 am
I give up. There is no logic or reasoning here.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:09 am
Sadly, the troops in Iraq are in no way defending this country. This argument got started with the statement that the troops are in effect fighting to defend the Iraqi people's right to have a Constitutional Democracy.

And Jesus Christ has nothing to do with any of this.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:11 am
Like I said, you would rather ridicule than discuss. You asked. I answered. You don't like my answer. Your problem.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:53 am
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. With all due respect, you make little sense to me. Perhaps, it is my failing.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 12:57 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. With all due respect, you make little sense to me. Perhaps, it is my failing.

Roxxxanne,

I doubt that is your failing. We just haven't had much contact and I think sometimes it takes a bit to get to know where someone is coming from. I jumped into the middle of it and was probably wrong in doing so before I got caught up. For that, I do apologize.

So what do you say? A fresh start?
0 Replies