The Last Word: Noam Chomsky

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:18 am
John Creasy wrote:
Amigo wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
Amigo wrote:
I've never seen Enlishmajors threads addressed intelligently. He/She is probably reacting to the way we react to what is disturbing information about ourselves so we insult him/her then she insults us and so on and so on.

That's funny, I've never seen a reason to address any of this comedian's threads seriously. She is a joke to me.
This is what i'm talking about. Then what is your purpose here? Did you read the Chomsky piece?

I read the article and commented on it. The author of the thread is a seperate issue. I have no reason to address English minor in any serious way because the way she presents herself and her views are not worthy of respect.

That about sums it up.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:22 pm
War Machines: by A. Smith

If it were simple (like you)
I would tell you,
but there is confusion within
and here around me.
You prefer evasion
and perhaps it is not your fault;
I could try some other time
but it is not me you have to heed.
Barefoot we walk
on the broken glass and then
we touch with dirty hands,
we wound one another;
all the signals have broken down,
pale and spent in the dark;
I could try some other time
but it is not me you have to heed.

Listen to your heart and see if it is beating,
look where you are running to and stop,
listen to the pain of the world;
we are lost along the way,
orphans of life,
war machines.
but why?
There is no time left to look
at a star above us,
everything is pre-paid, printed
and credited to us;
but how can you not realize,
not give a damn and go away
with steps of feigned happiness.
But the blood is also yours.
Listen to your heart and see if it is beating, look where you are running to and stop,
listen to the pain of the world;
we are lost along the way,
orphans of life.
war machines,
but why?

You, sadly, are the joke.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:34 pm
McGentrix wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
Amigo wrote:
John Creasy wrote:
Amigo wrote:
I've never seen Enlishmajors threads addressed intelligently.

Neither have I. I assume you are not capable of addressing any of the articles in an intelligent fashion?

He/She is probably reacting to the way we react to what is disturbing information about ourselves so we insult him/her then she insults us and so on and so on.

There you go. What goes around, comes around.

That's funny, I've never seen a reason to address any of this comedian's threads seriously. She is a joke to me.

I'm sorry, Greasy, I don't even know who you are, so you are less than a joke to me. Do you exist? You can't respond in an acceptable way to an article by a famous person? Have you ever heard of N. Chomsky? Has anyone ever heard of you?

This is what i'm talking about. Then what is your purpose here? Did you read the Chomsky piece?

Amigo, the purpose is to derail a thread that might have some credence. That, or they cannot understand what the article is about. Therefore, the article gets 'lost' in a lot of hyperbole about nothing, perpetrated by apparent fools with no understanding of what is really going on in America.

I read the article and commented on it. The author of the thread is a seperate issue. I have no reason to address English minor in any serious way because the way she presents herself and her views are not worthy of respect.

And who, by the way, are you? God? Why should anyone take anything you say with more than a grain of salt? You are insulting and rude and not worthy of MY respect. I would not respond to you as you fail to say anything worth listening to. Go find another thread to hijack, or I'll kick you off of this one. You already got kicked off before because of your stupid remarks. Keep it up. Laughing

That about sums it up.

It sums YOU up, and the sum total is QUITE small.....
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 07:42 pm
Amigo,

Don't get in the middle of their puny little word wars. It isn't worth it. BTW I wasn't responding to you in the post above when you said "I've never seen Eng.majors posts addressed intelligently. I was responding to the McG Bushie lovers. Here's one for them from their fearless leader.

Another DUH:

"In other words, I don't think people ought to be compelled to make the decision which they think is best for their family". (Bush, Dec. 02).

These are the primates responding to Noam's article. They actually identify with Mr. Chimp (Bush) and support his policies and fascist government. Whatever. Just keep yourself informed, like you're doing. There are a few intelligent people on these forums, but you have to really hunt for them. Good luck.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 08:16 pm
Chomsky has traversed the whole spectrum of childish activism. He has finally become a universal bore, intersting only to those who need a rationalization for their insecurity.
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 09:05 pm
Keep the insults coming english minor, I enjoy getting under your skin.

Quote:
Why should anyone take anything you say with more than a grain of salt? You are insulting and rude and not worthy of MY respect. I would not respond to you as you fail to say anything worth listening to.

Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black.

For the record, I am not a republican. I am not a George Bush supporter. I am not pro-war. Of course you can't accept this though as it disrupts your myopic view of Americans, so I'll just let you continue your insecure rantings about how the evil Americans are ruining your otherwise perfect world.

As for Chomsky, I've already stated my disagreement with him on Vietnam. He makes some good points from time to time, but in general he is way too paranoid for me.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:00 pm
You give yourself too much credit, greasy.

You don't get anywhere near MY skin.
It's way too thick, having lived in America for too many years.

At least people know who Noam is; an intelligent person. Same can't be said of you. You'll always be a keyboard commando nobody.

The evil satan amerikans are trying to ruin the world, but I think they won't because the Chinese have you eejets by the cojones. Enjoy the squeeze.

Vive le Canada!!
0 Replies

John Creasy

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 10:28 pm
englishmajor wrote:
You give yourself too much credit, greasy.

You don't get anywhere near MY skin.
It's way too thick, having lived in America for too many years.

At least people know who Noam is; an intelligent person. Same can't be said of you. You'll always be a keyboard commando nobody.

The evil satan amerikans are trying to ruin the world, but I think they won't because the Chinese have you eejets by the cojones. Enjoy the squeeze.

That's what I thought beeyatch.

Who said that I was somebody important??? Not me. I'm just one man calling out the single most obnoxious person ever to post on this website.

You just might be the whiniest person ever to post here also. Congratulations!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Shocked

BTW, if I'm just a "keyboard commando nobody", then what exactly does that make you???
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 11:29 pm
Published on Friday, January 6, 2006 by the Evening Echo / Ireland

Anti-war Protesters Plan Picket Over US Military Flights

Anti-war activists are to picket the offices of the Irish Aviation Authority in Dublin today over the ongoing refuelling of US warplanes at Shannon Airport.

More than 330,000 US troops passed through the Mid-West hub during 2005 - more than double the number for 2004.

Pressure has been mounting on the Government to search the flights for military weapons or terror suspects en route to alleged CIA interrogation camps.

Foreign Affairs Minister Dermot Ahern has insisted that the Irish Government accepts the assurances of US authorities that nothing untoward is taking place.

He called for credible evidence of any wrongdoing to be passed onto the Gardaí.

Pitstop Ploughshare spokesman Ciaron O'Reilly, who organised today's protest, said the use of Shannon Airport was increasing Ireland's involvement in the war in Iraq.

"The Government is pulling the country deeper and deeper into complicity for the illegal war," Mr O'Reilly said.

Anti-war protesters previously staged a sit-in at the Aviation Authority building during the Ramadan festival in 2003.

A new Peace Camp is to be re-established at Shannon Airport this weekend.

Local Co Clare councillor Martin Conway has called for members of the Defence Forces to be deployed at the airport to search US military aircraft.

Influential US academic Noam Chomsky has also questioned whether Taoiseach Bertie Ahern is following the will of the Irish people or following orders from Washington by allowing the stop-overs of US warplanes.

Speaking in an interview recorded last May but published last week, Dr Chomsky added: "It [refuelling of US military aircraft] can only be justified if the goal of the Government is to be the obedient servant of the global superpower [the US]."

© Evening Echo, 2003, TCM, TCH

GO, NOAM!!! EIRANN GO BRAGH!!!

###
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 12:24 am
More reading about the american 'empire', or is that 'vampire' as it sucks off of everyone else?
Cut from post "America in Deep Doo Doo" . Really interesting read.

In the end, there is no such thing as a free lunch. You cannot make money grow in value by shaking it back and forth from one bank to another. You cannot prosper a nation by doing each other's laundry, or filling out their government mandated and greatly obfuscated paperwork, or flinging stock certificates around which may have as little real worth as Federal Reserve Notes. To make money, to show a profit, you must make products that somebody else wants to buy, and sadly, that is a capability the United States has allowed to slip away in great measure. The "service economy" was political propaganda to make the public believe that the decline of our manufacturing ability was a good thing.

Our nation is broke, bankrupt, and having sold much of its machinery and technology (or given it away to political donors), is unable to easily return to those endeavors which once made our nation great. Our infrastructure is in decay (the percentage of roads in the US with major damage doubled last year alone), our public schools unable to produce a workforce able to function in a high-tech manufacturing environment, and those managers end engineers with manufacturing experience have in great part been lured away to other nations. The severity of our total government debt has reached a point where the promise that the taxpayers can be made to cover any foreign investment loss rings hollow, because we can no longer pay the debts our government has now.

Our nation is in trouble. We don't make many of the products we used to make. Consequently we don't have the products to sell that we used to. We don't even make most of the products we need ourselves (like that computer you're staring at this very moment). Result: we have a massive trade imbalance. Cash is flowing out of the nation, and it's not coming back in anywhere near as fast. There's no way to spin it; that is a major problem. Our nation is becoming poorer, it is hopelessly in debt, and all the artificial escalation of stock prices cannot conceal that.

And as the artificially pumped up stock market continues to decline, the true scale of the economic horror which is the product of decades of government corruption, will become apparent to all.

A very good book on the subversion of our money system is, "Money" by Jim Ewert, and is available at http://www.principiapub.com

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).
After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in.....AMERICA.....

or medical coverage that is affordable. EH?
0 Replies