Does God Exist?

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:40 pm
Mesquite,

Just to clarify something you posted. I did not say that I was fine with gay marriage. I am fine with gays as people and have no problem with them or them being together. The marriage thing is something that I have a bit of problem with because I believe it was meant for man and woman.

I happen to know both men and woman who are in same sex relationships, but I still struggle with the marriage part. Having said that, if it is lawful for them to do so then I am accepting of it.

I have no problem with gays in any way and would even welcome them into my home just as I would anybody else.

All Christians do not have the same views on all things but this does not make any of us lesser Christians.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:40 pm
Sorry... My previous post was to J_B.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:44 pm
J_B,

I don't care what that article says. Don't you get it? I know what I feel. I know what I believe. I know why I feel the way I do and believe the way I do. I don't need someone that thinks being homosexual is okay to tell me that I'm just behind the times and blah, blah, blah and they have any clue as to why I believe the way I do. :wink:

Mesquite,

If you will also notice, Intrepid said he did not condone homosexuality nor condemn anyone who engages in it. Now, I agree with him. I don't condone (approve of it) but I don't run around with "I HATE FAG" signs nor do I go out at night looking for homosexuals to beat up. Rolling Eyes

I can understand how it might be a bit personal to you since someone in your family is homosexual. I understand that. But, I have the right to my beliefs. I have the right to vote my conscience.

Like I said, Someone, anyone show to me in the Constitution of the United States of America where it says I cannot consider any danged thing I please when I consider my vote! Until then, you have your views and I have mine. Guess we all just have to deal Idea
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:45 pm
Intrepid wrote:

Echi,
Are you aware that every fetus starts out as a girl? The change to male and female takes place later in the cycle. Do you not think it possible that errant genes, or whatever...I am not a medical person... cause feminine traits in an otherwise fully developed male? Some of it may be by choice, but I think it is beyond that.

Yeah. That's interesting. I will look into it more very soon. It's just that there's a lot to consider, and I have other things to do (not that anyone would know it by how much time I spend here). Like I said, I haven't made up my mind. I am, however, definitely not homophobic.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:46 pm
echi wrote:
[I haven't formed an opinion as to whether homosexuality has a biological basis or is only a behavior. But I know people who believe it is simply a choice that people make.

echi,
For me it is not all that difficult to figure out. Since I know that I would be unable to make the CHOICE to be homosexual, it is very easy for me to understand that homosexuality is NOT about CHOICE.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:48 pm
mesquite, Another point of fact; other primates practice homosexual behavior.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:48 pm
Sorry C.I., that bait you threw out there to me in the Atheists....your life is pointless thread fell off your hook. Rolling Eyes Ain't biting!

Cicerone Imposter Wrote:

Quote:

I'm laughing so hard I can't type what I want to say!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:52 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Mesquite,

Just to clarify something you posted. I did not say that I was fine with gay marriage. I am fine with gays as people and have no problem with them or them being together. The marriage thing is something that I have a bit of problem with because I believe it was meant for man and woman.

I happen to know both men and woman who are in same sex relationships, but I still struggle with the marriage part. Having said that, if it is lawful for them to do so then I am accepting of it.

I have no problem with gays in any way and would even welcome them into my home just as I would anybody else.

All Christians do not have the same views on all things but this does not make any of us lesser Christians.

Intrepid, I seem to recall your being a bit less wishy washy in the past, but just to clear this up....would you actively support legislation in Canada that would prevent or overturn the right to homosexual marriages/unions?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:52 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
(emphasis mine)

Still haven't found that elusive point, I see.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:55 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Again J_B, long before I became a Christian the very thought of a man and a man or a woman and a woman together sexually made my stomach turn. Had nothing to do with religion.

Yet you say that you are not homophobic and that you do not know if it is a choice?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:55 pm
If god meant to declare homosexual act as sinful, he forgot to tell the other primates that they will also go to hell.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:01 pm
mesquite--

Don't you think that what's really important is people's attitudes toward homosexuals? I mean, so what if someone thinks it's a choice, as long as they don't discriminate. Eventually, the facts will pile up and the truth will emerge. (I know that facts won't convince everyone, but those people will always exist.)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:02 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
If god meant to declare homosexual act as sinful, he forgot to tell the other primates that they will also go to hell.

C.I.,

Will please stop before you make a complete fool out of yourself.

A lower lifeform than man does homosexual acts so that means it's ok? Rolling Eyes

Gee, you have a list of the laws made for all the animals? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:03 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

Who is this to?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:06 pm
echi wrote:
mesquite--

Don't you think that what's really important is people's attitudes toward homosexuals? I mean, so what if someone thinks it's a choice, as long as they don't discriminate. Eventually, the facts will pile up and the truth will emerge. (I know that facts won't convince everyone, but those people will always exist.)

I think that if people think it is a choice, then the act of discrimination is easier for them.
0 Replies

Intrepid

mesquite wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Mesquite,

Intrepid, I seem to recall your being a bit less wishy washy in the past, but just to clear this up....would you actively support legislation in Canada that would prevent or overturn the right to homosexual marriages/unions?

I didn't realize that I was being wishy washy, but I will answer your question. Canada has already passed the right to marry for homosexuals. We, the people, don't really get a say or vote. I would leave it to those who make those decisions and would not be actively either for or against. I believe that, as a Christian, it is my duty to support our governments whether I agree with them or not. When it gets into transgressing God's laws it becomes a bit muddied. I can only pray that my thoughts are not against God's laws.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

cicerone imposter wrote:

C.I.,

Will please stop before you make a complete fool out of yourself.

A lower lifeform than man does homosexual acts so that means it's ok? Rolling Eyes

Gee, you have a list of the laws made for all the animals? Rolling Eyes
]

echi,

I think that is kind of the thing Intrepid and I have been trying to say to C.I. and Mesquite.

Just because you don't agree with what they do doesn't mean you are homophobic.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:09 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

There ya go again, C.I.

Now I think you owe an apology to every homosexual out there for comparing their behaviour and lifestyle to that of a lower life form.

You also do not realize that God only made laws for man, not the lower forms as in animals.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:12 pm
mesquite wrote:
echi wrote:
mesquite--

I think that if people think it is a choice, then the act of discrimination is easier for them.

It also reminds me of those who discriminate because a black man is with a white woman or a white man is with a black woman or an Asian is with a Jew and on and on. People will find reason to discriminate against something or somebody because of choice.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
Only judgemental people like you would assume such a thing; I'm only talking about facts about primates. Nobody except bigots would be offended by such facts.
0 Replies