Help me with my big and little birthday party questions!

JPB

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 06:17 pm
Happy Birthday to Mo, Boomer. That's a great pic with his birthday stick. Have fun at the party. Just remember, it's only a couple hours out of your life (hehe, maybe the longest couple hours, but hey).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 08:10 pm
I too love the birthday stick photo. I'm hanging it on the front door tomorrow for the party.

You know, through the course of my life I have had some pretty insane hours. If I can keep this in persprective, it'll be a cakewalk.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 01:21 pm
How was the party?

Pour a little wine and tell us all.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 02:04 pm
Two hours until P-time.

I think I've got everything done and it all looks great.

Bio-mom called and started in on stuff he "has to tell me all about" re: becoming her mom's power of attorney blah blah blah and asking if bio-dad is going to be here and blah blah blah.

I hung up and poured myself a little bloody mary. I'm sipping on it now. Southern girls rely on bloody mary's to calm their nerves. Even when they no longer live in the south.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 03:51 pm
Allowing for the time difference, your party-people are knocking on the door as I type.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:01 pm
Whew!

It went really, really well.

I think everyone had a really good time.

I think it was good for the bios to see Mo's life in action, complete with this whole circle of people that know him and love him, that aren't them.

My cake was a huge success. Everyone was amazed that Mo and I had made it from the ground up.

Everyone respected the bring seeds rule, adding on some tools or other little garden type things. There was only one little car that was non-garden related.

Everyone seemed to expect a big present opening ceremony type thing so we kind of did that amid the chaos of Mo wanting to play with his friends and not really paying attention.

It was good. It was fun. There is a lot to be said for controlled chaos.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:03 pm
High five!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:18 pm
Wonderful!

You've earned the rest of the Bloody Mary pitcher.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 07:35 pm
Congratulations!!!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 08:08 pm
Thank you all for your encouragment and congratulations!

This was really a big step for me and, this may sound dumb, but I'm really proud of myself for doing it. I am so not good about being around people; especially around a lot of people all at once.

Mo had so much fun. This kid is so amazing. He should have such a party every month.

Reconnecting with my friend A, Curly and Larry's mom, made it really nice. They moved away last summer but drove up for the party. God, I've missed her.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 11:55 pm
http://artsacademyofhollywood.com/Camp_Annie_0804/images/Applause-Sign_jpg.jpg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 22 Jan, 2006 02:21 pm
I'm delighted that Mo has decided that Dreaded Parties can turn out to be a great deal of fun. May this carry over to other out-of-the-ordinary events.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:38 pm
I finally got a photo that I like showing off the new haircut...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/mud.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 06:52 pm
Oh! Mo doesn't need another haircut for a long, long time now, ha? He looks so grown up now, boomer.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:02 pm
Aw.... I love the little cowlick (is that a cowlick?) in the front.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 07:04 pm
Yes, I like his hairline. He's a beautiful boy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 08:15 pm
Awww....wouldja look at that face!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Jan, 2006 09:56 pm
A widow's peak like that means he'll be breaking women's hearts.

Be prepared ten years from now for a slew of calls from yearning females.
0 Replies

plglaserna

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 06:39 pm
@boomerang,
I know this reply is extremely late but I've read somewhere that if you want visitors to bring a particular gift, it's better if you tell selected guests and have them tell other guests.
@shewolfnm. That idea is awesome, by the way! A practical party favor and one which kids can enjoy for years to come (if they take good care of it!)
boomerang

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:55 pm
@plglaserna,
Hi plglaserna and welcome to A2K.

You were really late 5.5 years late to be precise but I'm so glad you posted to this thread! It was fun to go back and see how absolutely crazy my life was just those few short years ago. I'm much more competent now, thank goodness.

That's good advice. We still have that problem because I still don't like requiring kids to bring gifts to parties! I've become a bit more blunt about it over the years.
0 Replies