I don't Understand...

ralpheb

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 03:52 pm
Darn, I feel like a late comer on here. Sounds like you've had an interesting end to 05 and start to 06.
Couple of things: As long as you are married to him, any debt that he acrues is the responsibilty of both of you, even if the card is in his name.

Second: Child support payments are based ONLY on his income, not the combined income of the two of you. Iv'e been through this with my wife and her ex.

I give you serious kudoes for not giving him access to your account as soon as you realized he was not trustworthy with money. A small piece of advice, if he says he needs money to pay off a card, loan whatever, YOU pay it off personally, don't give him the money.

If you ever wonder what it would be like to raise a teenager - look at your husband.

Whatever you do, don't let him minipulate you with the money.

I'm just hoping that you went into the marriage with your eyes open, and not blinded by the thought you had to get married because you were getting older.

OH, happy new year, good luck and welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 04:16 pm
ralpheb thank you for welcoming me and your reply on this. Smile

Quote:
As long as you are married to him, any debt that he acrues is the responsibilty of both of you, even if the card is in his name.

Darn! I knew that but I forgot! Thanks for the reminder...

Quote:
A small piece of advice, if he says he needs money to pay off a card, loan whatever, YOU pay it off personally, don't give him the money.

Yeah, no doubt! He won't get another cent from me. That's part of the deal. I'll have access to all the bills to pay them so he won't need to ask me for anything to pay anything. Most of the bills will be paid online. Much simpler ya know?

Quote:
I'm just hoping that you went into the marriage with your eyes open, and not blinded by the thought you had to get married because you were getting older.

Shocked Are you implying I'm OLD?????? LOLOLOL Kidding, only kidding. No, as a matter fact, I was perfectly happy being single finally. I had pretty much realized that I could be happy with or without a man. Made no difference to me. Then I met my husband. And here we are today... OIY.

Happy new year!
0 Replies