Why are you still a Christian?

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:26 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
There is physical death. There is spiritual death.

What do you mean by "spiritual death"? How is that possible?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:40 pm
Francis wrote:
Dys, why are you still a Christian?

I love bingo
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:43 pm
Dys, you mean bimbo?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:02 pm
squinney wrote:
What facinated me about the "streets of gold" references, everyone having their own mansion, etc was why God would use such descriptions.

We are told to not covet, that things of this world are not of heaven, and to not worship worldly things, and yet He entices us with this description of heaven?

The bible does not say that everybody will have their own mansion. Jesus said in John 14:2  
"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." The reference is to the fact that there is place for everyone with Jesus and the "mansions" are places according to one's own soul condition.

You could look at this like being a big hotel with many rooms and people have different rooms according to the level that they can attain. The best room in the house would be the Bridal Chamber.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:11 pm
echi,

Spiritual death would be being separated from God.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:22 pm
Francis wrote:
Dys, you mean bimbo?

the lady diane carries a 357 magnum, get my drift Francis?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:23 pm
To my way of thing "spiritual death", would be to become mindless or, if you will, christian.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:26 pm
A more accurate depiction would be that death is separation. A physical death is the separation of the soul from the body. Spiritual death, which is of greater significance, is the separation of the soul from God.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:42 pm
Intrepid wrote:
A more accurate depiction would be that death is separation. A physical death is the separation of the soul from the body. Spiritual death, which is of greater significance, is the separation of the soul from God.

Yeah that's a load.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:44 pm
Actually, dys, I think Intrepid stated that quite well.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:45 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Spiritual death would be being separated from God.

Intrepid wrote:
Spiritual death, which is of greater significance, is the separation of the soul from God.

Impossible. Doesn't it say something in the Bible about this? That God is with everyone and everything?
Whether or not... It makes absolutely no sense to me. How can you have a concept of "God" that is separated from something?
Is this another example of how "simple" it is to understand Christianity?
(Or am I just lost?)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 04:47 pm
Echi,
I think we can all understand the concept of physical death. Spiritual death being the separation from God prevents entry into eternity with him. Those who do not accept God will not be with him... that is the spirtual death.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:11 pm
Where will they be?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 05:30 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Echi,
I think we can all understand the concept of physical death. Spiritual death being the separation from God prevents entry into eternity with him. Those who do not accept God will not be with him... that is the spirtual death.

Did you even read my post?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
echi wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Echi,

Did you even read my post?

No need to get touchy :-) Yes, I read your post. It appears, by your response, that I may have not understood it. Could you please clarify for me? Thanks.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:26 pm
(I wasn't getting touchy... guess I should have used one of them smiley-things.)

Are you saying that someone who is "spiritually dead" will forever exist as a spiritual being that is separated from God?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:44 pm
echi wrote:
(I wasn't getting touchy... guess I should have used one of them smiley-things.)

Are you saying that someone who is "spiritually dead" will forever exist as a spiritual being that is separated from God?

Basically, when Christ returns for His bride and puts down Satan and his followers and Satan is finally vanquished the last judgement will occur. Then only heaven and those who inhabit it will remain. God will replace the old with a new creation.

That is the shortened version.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:56 pm
Intrepid--

Okay, now I'm getting touchy. You didn't answer my question.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 06:58 pm
I answered echi. If you would prefer a yes or no answer... the answer would be no.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:01 pm
Okay, so the spiritually dead are separated from God, right?
0 Replies