Why are you still a Christian?

Im the other one

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:47 pm
echi wrote:
I'm the other one wrote:

If only we could give them the faith, but I know why we can't.

Why can't you?

because it has to come from within. It has to be something you decide and trust upon.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:48 pm
echi,

You aren't making this easy but I will do my best. Christ became flesh. He had all the attributes of a human except that He did not sin. He felt things humans feel. He knew what it was like to have the feelings we have. I think this was God's way of identifying with us.

If you will read in the Old Testament you will see that God dealt very harshly with sin and sinners. His Son came to this earth and taught us what the love of God is all about. He taught us that God forgives and that God is our all. God is so pure that we just can't imagine it. We can't comprehend anything that pure. In order to get to God and be with Him we had to have a mediary if you will. Because the blood of Christ was shed for the remission of sins, God now sees us through the blood of His Son. That blood washes us clean of all our sin and we can be with God.

Why can't we just give someone faith? Because it is something each one of us has to decide for ourselves. It's all about choice and faith and believing that God's word is truth. I can't make anyone understand something they don't understand any more than I can give someone faith who has none.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:51 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
echi,

Cannot grasp what? What I posted? Uh, yeah, I can grasp it and so have millions of others.

Incomplete story? What is incomplete about it?

Momma--

Christianity is mysterious. No one understands it. Are you content not knowing?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:52 pm
Quote:
because it has to come from within. It has to be something you decide and trust upon.

Please explain further. What must be decided?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:57 pm
echi Wrote:

Quote:
Momma--

No one understands it? Uh, have you been reading anything us Christians have been telling you? Content not knowing what, echi?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2005 11:58 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Because the blood of Christ was shed for the remission of sins, God now sees us through the blood of His Son. That blood washes us clean of all our sin and we can be with God.

Are you saying that God had to sacrifice Jesus in order to fully understand human nature?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:00 am
echi wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
echi,

Cannot grasp what? What I posted? Uh, yeah, I can grasp it and so have millions of others.

Incomplete story? What is incomplete about it?

Momma--

Oh, but we do know echi. The knowing comes from within. It's not about being superior like so many think we see ourselves. It's so hard to explain our faith without coming across as such I s'pose.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:01 am
Momma Angel wrote:
echi Wrote:

Quote:
Momma--

No one understands it? Uh, have you been reading anything us Christians have been telling you? Content not knowing what, echi?

Quote:
. God is so pure that we just can't imagine it. We can't comprehend anything that pure.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:03 am
echi wrote:
Quote:

Please explain further. What must be decided?

That you believe in his word and who he is and what he will do in your life. He can make you happier than you could ever imagine. There are still the hard times, but without him, life would be nothing for me.

To decide is to have faith and turn to him.

You asking all of these questions can actualy be a good thing if you are being sincere. It shows he's working on you.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:04 am
Having something so great that it is beyond human comprehension does not mean that we do not understand it. It means that it is so far reaching that we can't imagine the full scope.

Can you imagine the fullness of the universe?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:08 am
echi Wrote:

Quote:
Are you saying that God had to sacrifice Jesus in order to fully understand human nature?

Did I say that? Did I put those two sentences into one or did you? God didn't do anything to understand human nature. He did it so we could identify with Him because He was in human form. He doesn't need anything to understand anything. He knows it all LITERALLY!

I made the statement we cannot comprehend God fully. I did not make the statement we cannot comprehend Christianity. Please stop taking one part of a sentence and adding it to another. Honest, I say exactly what I mean.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:09 am
Do you understand why God does the things He does?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:11 am
Do I understand why He does everything? No. But I don't have to. He doesn't make mistakes.

Alot of the things that are attributed to God as doing them, like babies dying, etc., is not God doing it.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:12 am
Momma--

I didn't quote you. I thought something was beginning to make sense to me, and I wanted to clarify, that's all.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:12 am
God is not meant for us to fully understand him echi. To do so would probably cause our systems to overload. We can't handle something so powerful.

When we get to heaven, we will tho.

The fall of mankind is the only thing that separates us from our loving creator. Jesus is our connection back to him. When all is said in done at the end of the 7 year tribulation, there will be no more separation.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:14 am
echi,

It's ok. I'm just getting a bit tired. Been a long day. I really have to apologize. I guess I'm really a bit gunshy right now because of the flack I get on some of these posts. I promise to be more patient.

What did you think was starting to make sense to you? Now you have me very intrigued.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:15 am
Do you understand the Resurrection or the Virgin Birth?
Are these not mysterious?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:19 am
Quote:
What did you think was starting to make sense to you? Now you have me very intrigued.

It was just a misunderstanding on my part, but I thought you were saying something to the effect that God had to walk in our shoes in order to understand why we are so dang rotten.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:20 am
Sometimes, people try to look too deeply into things. If someone asks the time. One would expect that they wanted to know the time... not how the watch was made and an explanation of the inner workings.

Christians believe that Jesus was born of Mary. Christians believe that Jesus was resurrected on the third day and was risen up to heaven. Christians believe that they can have life everlasting through the body and blood of Jesus.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2005 12:21 am
Yep, what Intrepid said. Mysterious? Not at all. Laid right out there in the Bible just as pretty as you please. Echi, remember, I believe with God anything is possible. There is nothing He cannot do.
0 Replies