Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:37 pm
Why not?
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:44 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Why not?

Hey... I'll ask the questions 'round here.

So what's it gonna' be? Exist or not?

Seriously, I'm just asking for clarification of your beliefs. It's hard for me to compare what you're describing to what I believe until I know what you're describing. Dig?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:52 pm
Francis wrote:
Dys, why are you still a Christian?

Dys is a Christian? Shocked

Laughing
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:56 pm
echi wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Why not?

Hey... I'll ask the questions 'round here.

So what's it gonna' be? Exist or not?

Seriously, I'm just asking for clarification of your beliefs. It's hard for me to compare what you're describing to what I believe until I know what you're describing. Dig?

I hope you are teasing echi.

No need to get testy. Shocked

We only want to help you. Sad
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:10 pm
I'm the other one wrote:

Really? Then how come it always feels like pullin' teeth with you guys?
"Straight answer!?!? Where are you?!?!"
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:11 pm
Straight questions get straight answers.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:11 pm
grrrrr...
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:44 pm
echi wrote:
I'm the other one wrote:

Really? Then how come it always feels like pullin' teeth with you guys?
"Straight answer!?!? Where are you?!?!"

Actually, we're being quite patient.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:46 pm
Want to learn about God?

Read the Bible. Don't take just anyone's word for it...take God's.

http://www.apprising.org/
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:56 pm
Thank you!
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:00 pm
echi, to answer your question, they do exist, but in a very painful way.

I know you wouldn't want it that way.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:14 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Want to learn about God?

Good advice, except for the fact that you'll be left with little else than a bag of questions. . . at which point you'll have to get some theologian's opinion of what is meant. Ergo, you won't be taking God's word, but someone's interpretation of God's word. And it's a safe bet that that someone has an ulterior motive lurking somewhere.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:18 pm
echi, I noticed you havn't posted for awhile.

Must be readin'.......

I hope you at some time feel blessed and at peace echi.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:20 pm
Questioner wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Want to learn about God?

Good advice, except for the fact that you'll be left with little else than a bag of questions. . . at which point you'll have to get some theologian's opinion of what is meant. Ergo, you won't be taking God's word, but someone's interpretation of God's word. And it's a safe bet that that someone has an ulterior motive lurking somewhere.

If a person remains with questions they should first realize that they may not be entitled to all answers. Second, they should always address all questions back to God. I think maybe we should all read the word and ask God to give his interpretation to us in prayer. If we honestly seek God I believe God can find us. People may or may not have ulterior motives. One thing is for sure, God does'nt. What else can man truly rely upon? How do you know people outside of belief don't have ulterior motives? You don't. God knows all our motives.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:33 pm
Bartikus wrote:

If a person remains with questions they should first realize that they may not be entitled to all answers. Second, they should always address all questions back to God. I think maybe we should all read the word and ask God to give his interpretation to us in prayer. If we honestly seek God I believe God can find us.

I understand what you're saying, but this answer is one of the reasons I have grown away from Christianity and it's apparent fear of questioning.

Someone approaches with an honest question? The immediate response is "We as humans are sinners, and not deserving of answers!" What self-degrading twattery! If we as humans are fit enough to grovel, scrape, and bow before this supreme being, we're damned sure deserving of a few simple answers.

Read the bible straight through and you will be left with questions. If you think upon them long enough you'll arrive to your own conclusions, founded or otherwise. It's not through any diligence of prayer or insightful reasoning through the Holy Spirit. . . it's wanting something to make sense so much that you convince yourself that you've got the answer.

Which is a) why there are so many confused people out there that don't much care to think very deeply about what they believe and b) why so many people careen into despair and faithlessness when they finally come to terms with the fact that they were wrong.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:40 pm
Questioner wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

If a person remains with questions they should first realize that they may not be entitled to all answers. Second, they should always address all questions back to God. I think maybe we should all read the word and ask God to give his interpretation to us in prayer. If we honestly seek God I believe God can find us.

I understand what you're saying, but this answer is one of the reasons I have grown away from Christianity and it's apparent fear of questioning.

Someone approaches with an honest question? The immediate response is "We as humans are sinners, and not deserving of answers!" What self-degrading twattery! If we as humans are fit enough to grovel, scrape, and bow before this supreme being, we're damned sure deserving of a few simple answers.

Read the bible straight through and you will be left with questions. If you think upon them long enough you'll arrive to your own conclusions, founded or otherwise. It's not through any diligence of prayer or insightful reasoning through the Holy Spirit. . . it's wanting something to make sense so much that you convince yourself that you've got the answer.

Which is a) why there are so many confused people out there that don't much care to think very deeply about what they believe and b) why so many people careen into despair and faithlessness when they finally come to terms with the fact that they were wrong.

Questioner,

Who has told you that "We as humans are sinners, and not deserving of answers!?" I do not recall reading that statement anywhere.

I am sure that you, probably better than some, would understand where some of us are coming from.

I do not fear the questioning. There is nothing there to fear. It's true, sometimes I don't understand the answer, and at those times, yes, I have to just understand that God cannot be something defined in my mind, no matter how hard I try.

I don't understand how you can say ......when they finally come to terms with the fact that they are wrong. As far as I'm concerned, until we die, we just won't have that undisputable proof so many seem to require, so how do they come to believe they are wrong?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:43 pm
Questioner wrote:
Bartikus wrote:

I don't think all answers can be arrived upon by thinking them out alone. People careen into despair and faithlessness when they realize they were wrong?

If the purpose of getting to know the truth is to be right or to justify oneself...then yes...it is despairing. They might begin to lose faith in themselves. To learn a truth even if it means we are wrong...should not bring despair for long. If you learn you are wrong about something....thank God for pointing it out.

Have you not been given a few simple answers in this life? Do you think man deserves all answers? I thought I said he might not want us to have all the answers is all.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 09:47 pm

How many people do you know that have lived there lives this way?Honestly?

Which should come first do you think? Is God more deserving of our bows...or are we more deserving of the answers? Should we wait for the answers and then decide if he is worthy? Could you then blame God for applying the same standard?

God deserves all Glory.
0 Replies