Running into a problem, who's it gonna be?

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:09 pm
Re: no no no!
maddendominata wrote:
By dating all these guys you aren't finding what you like in a man. In effect your playing games with your own mind. The more you date the more confused you'll be. In the long road choosing one will only become more difficult because the options are so numersous. Trust me. All people have redeemable qualities, as each of these men will. Until you make a decision to give one of them your full attention you will be giving each of them only a portion of you. While this may add to their lust for you, eventually most men will be turned off for one reason or another because your not sharing yourself with one man. Your giving pieces to each one.

Oh, just the opposite! She is learning what she likes in a man! How else do you find out except through experience? The more you date, the more you learn. Giving someone your "full attention" when you are young can be far worse for your heart.

maddendominata wrote:

This type of dating behavior is what teenagers do. Not adults. You should continue to work on yourself, don't look for a relationship, look for yourself. Then once you find yourself, when that special someone comes along it will be a no brainier. All of these shenanigans are just mixing you up, hence the right one. How can their be one right one? Wake up!!!!

She is a young woman exploring herself and her boundaries. She is finding out what she wants in life, from herself and from a partner. I think your advice reflects a very immature attitude toward love and relationships.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 01:23 pm
Thanks Bella! :-D
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 05:30 pm
Quote:
This type of dating behavior is what teenagers do. Not adults. You should continue to work on yourself, don't look for a relationship, look for yourself. Then once you find yourself, when that special someone comes along it will be a no brainier. All of these shenanigans are just mixing you up, hence the right one. How can their be one right one? Wake up!!!!

In other words, March (quick time) to the Altar as fast as you can. Dating is not a pleasant activity in itself, but is valuable only for finding a Life Partner ASAP.

CL--

If you decide you don't want to settle down (yet or ever) with one man, you are making a perfectly sensible choice.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 08:40 pm
I think CL's being very sensible. I wish I had been that sensible when I was her age. It would have saved me from committing myself to an awful relationship because I didn't know any better.

There's a very good reason why the average age for first marriages in the US (for women) is around 25 now. It's smart. It takes that long to figure out what you can and can't accept in a partner. I did it the wrong way...and was divorced by 25.

Take your time, CL. And have fun along the way!

Tell 'em Eva said so.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2006 09:56 pm
Eva and others are dead right. Older people who never took time to learn the ups and downs of dating often end up regretting it (or doing it when they are not supposed to). Have fun. Only advice I'd offer is to lose the losers faster. Early instinctual detection of an A-hole is usually right on. You'll be ready for the next step when the question becomes "how can I not choose to commit with this one", rather than "which one".
0 Replies

maddendominata

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:40 pm
Ok
First of all I didn't realize you are twenty. Second, I stupidly assumed you were having sex with them.
I guess the mixup here was the definition of dating.
Websters says
Quote:
An engagement to go out socially with another person, often out of romantic interest.
So if your just friends, by definition, I don't consider that dating. For me there has to be some romantic flame. And from my experience I have seen a lot of people never grow out of looking for the flame in as many people as they could for all the wrong reasons.
So to summarize if your just friends with them and only have romantic interests in one then excuse my misunderstanding. But if your looking for romantic interests in friends than I stick to what I said.
In the good old days when my grandparents were young, they found their romantic interest, got jobs, graduated, married them, had kids, and lived life. Was life perfect? No, they fight and fought all the time. Thats life. You'll never find the T.V. version of love and if you think you have beware, he may be a real good player.
In todays world with all these romantic mix-ups, technology advances, dating services and so forth. STD's, divorce, and civil unrest flourish and people continue to chase dreams. Anyway I could go on and on as you can see. Your young. Best of luck. Don't fall into the traps me and a lot of others in society have fallen into for the sake of your own inner peace and happiness. Good luck!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:42 pm
Bill! How have you been?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:46 pm
Crazielady wrote:
I have been seeing a few guys now and I have basically narrowed it down to 3, possibly 4 guys..

Are you talking about a train?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:48 pm
Dating to me: They take me to dinner, take me to a movie, one on one, pay for me or split the bill, watch movies and sometimes cuddle.... etc. etc... the reason I call them friends is because no matter what happens they will still be my friends...

I am not looking for tv love, for movie love, I am looking for someone that is going to accept for me, for my flaws and all... I am looking for someone that will fight with me when we need to fight and let it go when it is stupid to fight about... I am NOT looking for some prince charming to come and sweep me off my feet...

As for romantic interest, I have feelings for a few of them, one in particular I have stronger feelings for
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:49 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Crazielady wrote:
I have been seeing a few guys now and I have basically narrowed it down to 3, possibly 4 guys..

Are you talking about a train?

wanna join?? :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:51 pm
It's nice having someone who doesn't mind if you sit naked on the couch, not wearing any makeup with your hair in a ponytail and eat Cheetos without a napkin. Very nice indeed.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:52 pm
Crazielady, responding to my query about her throwing a train wrote:
wanna join??

Why, yes, I would like to join. I would like that very much. I would prefer the first spot please.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:54 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Crazielady, responding to my query about her throwing a train wrote:
wanna join??

Why, yes, I would like to join. I would like that very much. I would prefer the first spot please.

Well I am more of a watcher, so I will get the guys and watch you make a train out of each other... you want first spot, not a problem
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:55 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
It's nice having someone who doesn't mind if you sit naked on the couch, not wearing any makeup with your hair in a ponytail and eat Cheetos without a napkin. Very nice indeed.

I miss that, being able to feel comfortable in front of someone naked, I don't know if I can ever do it again!!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:55 pm
pondering
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:56 pm
Nah.... I'm gonna have to pass.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 12:58 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Nah.... I'm gonna have to pass.

you sure, you don't wanna scream CHOO CHOO while someone is riding you from behind
0 Replies

maddendominata

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:05 pm
ok
Well hopefully part of the testing process is not sexually compatibility.
That is especially a danger.
I mean what happens if the three you narrowed it down to, you have sex with them and are not compatible. Do you keep finding guys and having sex with them until you find the one your compatible with?
See what I'm saying? There really is no right or wrong as with what I said and what they said. There is no book on the right way to go about relationships. Do whats best for you. I just speak from the pitfalls of my experiences. Someone may in the beginning seem like the one according to your testing strategy.
For instance, he may accept you and fight fair, and not argue over petty stuff in the begginning and then once you committ change up completely. Thats all I'm saying. If you like 'em when your ready to commit, try and make it work. This compatibility your talking about rarely exists and aside from the work needed in parenting, a relationship requires a LOT of work for it to last no matter how compatible you were in the beginning!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:08 pm
Quote:
I mean what happens if the three you narrowed it down to, you have sex with them and are not compatible. Do you keep finding guys and having sex with them until you find the one your compatible with?

um... yes? (Why would you want to marry or enter into a long-term relationship with someone with whom you are sexually incompatible?)
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2006 01:15 pm
Re: ok
maddendominata wrote:
Well hopefully part of the testing process is not sexually compatibility.
That is especially a danger.
See what I'm saying? There really is no right or wrong as with what I said and what they said. There is no book on the right way to go about relationships. Do whats best for you. I just speak from the pitfalls of my experiences. Someone may in the beginning seem like the one according to your testing strategy.
For instance, he may accept you and fight fair, and not argue over petty stuff in the begginning and then once you committ change up completely. Thats all I'm saying. If you like 'em when your ready to commit, try and make it work. This compatibility your talking about rarely exists and aside from the work needed in parenting, a relationship requires a LOT of work for it to last no matter how compatible you were in the beginning!

I am young and very picky with who I sleep with... very picky, I haven't slept with that many people for someone my age and most of my friends have slept with alot more than me, I could have sex with each of these guys if I wanted to, but I don't, I choose to wait until I am in a relationship for awhile, then if the sex sucks, I work to make it better, if there is not compatability whatsoever I leave....

I will not sleep with more than 9 people in my life time (hopefully).. and I still have a ways to go... so I am good with the sex factor, sex isn't what it is cut out to be sometimes.... I am more in it for the companionship, for the love..... and the sex too lol

But I haven't had sex in 5 months now, since me and my ex of two years broke up and I will continue not to have sex, no matter how bad I may want it sometimes

I am not willing to risk the dangers of being with multiple partners

i.e. who's the daddy
stds
feeling dirty about yourself if you find that you have made a mistake (I am not sure if this applies to everyone, everyone has a different outlook on sex and how it makes them feel)
0 Replies