Vietnam Vet Upsets Army Recruiters

englishmajor

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:49 pm
ralpheb wrote:
and I'm sure there is not one single SUV in canada

We aren't at war to ensure that we get to keep driving them. There are alternative sources of fuel. The oil companies, as you know, or maybe you don't know, do everything they can to quash hydrogen fuel cell technology, or any technology that doesn't support fossil fuels. We do, however, have our own vast resources of fuel in Alberta and other provinces which you're dirty little country would like to get its hands on Laughing But you ain't.

How much fuel does a hummer take when you freaks are driving around Iraq shooting at people?

Blood for oil. Makes a lot of sense. Hell, WAR on terror makes a lot of sense, too! Cool
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 10:58 pm
Wow, englishmajor, I really felt you went overboard, but I enjoyed every word!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2006 11:12 pm
Look woman ~

I have tried and tried with you. You attack anyone who doesn't happen to share your view of America and Americans. Don't you think we get a bit tired of being called names and being told we are stupid, pathetic and whatever demeaning name you can think of at the time?

I'm a human being with feelings. So what? I'm not perfect. That seems to be a common misconception about Christians! We aren't perfect! We make mistakes! Gee, imagine that Rolling Eyes

You treat someone like you do and expect them not to get angry? What are you thinking?

Oh, by the way, I weigh 113 pounds and I am 5'1. Hardly makes me a big fat anything. Hypocrite? Aren't we all? Hey, anytime we point a finger at someone else and have sin in our life, we are being hypocritical, so join the club honey!

I could really care less what anyone thinks about me personally. I stand up for what I believe in but I sure don't do it by attacking others personally. I really try hard not to do that no matter how I am treated. Doesn't make me any better than anyone else either. Just allows me to sleep a little easier at night knowing we all have our own beliefs and that right should be respected.

If you honestly think you can just say anything you want about our country, a country you are a citizen of and have left, and no one is going to say a word to you, then you'd better think again.

It's been my experience that people that complain the way you do about problems are more of a problem than the problem itself. If you are so danged smart why don't you come up with some solutions instead of accusations?

Gee, betcha never thought of that, did ya! Rolling Eyes

C.I.,

Thanx, I think.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 12:22 am
Bush as the "I'm a uniter, not a divider" president has done what no other world leader has ever done before. It ain't only foreign relations; you should see the splits going on in the US; only Iraq is in worse shape.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:08 am
Mo an,
You gonna buy your rapture wings at Walmart? I hear they be having a sale -$19.99 for the supersize ones! The smaller ones will only get you halfway, then you be like Dedalus.

Did y'all take yer flyin lessons yet? I hear there's no air up there in Raptureland , but I guess Jesus will give y'all oxygen masks. Hope they color coordinate with yer wings.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:14 am
Sweet Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:16 am
It is futile to point out solutions, and there have been many, because people like you don't care, because you think you're all going to be taken up on a nice, fluffy cloud with your wings. You won't have to worry about pollution and depletion of fresh water, or fuel alternatives, will you?

And as for God knowing who's going to heaven or hell you sure as hell seem to think you're headed upwards. Whatever. Big surprise in store for you, lady.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:22 am
Englishmajor,

It is never futile to point out solutions. Never. But there is a difference between pointing out a problem and harping on it and pointing out a solution to that problem. That's just the point. I do care. I care about this country. I care about the people in this country. I am into solutions and not complaining about the problem all the time. You complain about the problem and then that becomes the problem.

Yes, I believe I am going to heaven because of the promises Jesus gave us in the Bible. But, I still have to live in this world. What goes on in this world is important to me and I do as much as I can to make things better.

Right now, the way you are acting, the only thing that would surprise me is if you were there too. Dang! Let it go. I tried to be nice. You ticked me off. You care nothing about what anyone says to you. You only seem to care about your own agenda and if someone disagrees with you well then they are just stupid or insane.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 01:43 am
Englishmajor seems to have a giant hate for America. I am not suprised he/she left, but why choose Canada? England or Australia speak English too.
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 03:01 am
Intrepid- It may be that English Major went to Canada because of its wonderful medical care, or perhaps because they do a great job of tracking down pederasts or maybe because there is no pollution in Canada.

There may be a great many reasons.

However, their GDP per person is about $8,000 less per capita than ours. It can't be because of the affluence in Canada.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 07:49 am
englishmajor wrote:
Here you go, Bella. Enjoy the read. Yup. Those Bas***ds don't follow kids around, or go to high schools. Sure. Do some research before you post next time.

Why don't you re-read my post before you say I've said something I didn't.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:05 am
englishmajor wrote:
You want to see the article? You bet the creep recruiters go to high schools - they have all along. Where have you been?

It's been 10 years since I've been in high school but not once did the recruiters visit my high school. Guess I was special.

englishmajor wrote:

Otherwise, you have nothing to say that isn't your own limited opinion.

As well the same can be said for you.

englishmajor wrote:

If young guys are willing to die for Bushie and his cabal of money grubbing oil fools, so be it. However, I suspect a number of them will be whining to get into Canada, again, when the draft begins.

Our boys are willing to die for the principles this country was founded on, and for the people who live here. And they do it so that people like you still have the right to spew your venom. The military doesn't fight for the president, you half wit. The CIC will change, but the principles these people fight for will always be here.

So go ahead, tell me what an idiot I am and what an ignorant fool I am for being proud to be an American. Your opinions have been reduced to rubbish in my opinion because you never have anything productive to say. So please, feel free to continue to insult me. It only strengthens my resolve that you are the ignorant fool.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 08:06 am
Mortkat, Canada has it's good points and it's bad, just like any other country.

I wouldn't generalize about anyone there, good or bad.
0 Replies

ralpheb

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2006 11:08 am
Bella, You and I don't agree on a lot either, but I too must agree. It is like a train wreck.

Yo, speed racer, to continue on, you showed an article where in a 3 year period 5,500 military members went AWOL. to help you do the basic math. There are over 900,000 American service members world wide at anytime. This 5500 that you are so concerned about represents about 1/2 of 1% of the total American force, or to put things in easier numbers, that would be like a company of 9,000 people losing 6 people over 3 years because they didn't like their job. DAMN that sure is alot. Yep you confirm more and more your just an idiot.
Oh, and did you watch feirenHYPE 9/11 yet? Or is that too far over your pea brain?

Too The other Canadian posters, I know english major does not represent the mojority of your country. It seems english major had her lunch money taken from her/him alot in grade school and is still angry about it.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:28 am
Bella Dea wrote:
englishmajor wrote:
Here you go, Bella. Enjoy the read. Yup. Those Bas***ds don't follow kids around, or go to high schools. Sure. Do some research before you post next time.

Why don't you re-read my post before you say I've said something I didn't.

Why don't you remember what you say before you post? You said you never saw kids being followed around. Well, I have. And I worked at a school for many years. Didn't you read the article about the Quakers who were protesting recruiters at their school? Now these Quakers are on a 'terrorist' list. How ridiculous America is. Is it too hard to connect the dots here? Didn't you read about the mentally ill kid who was being bugged about being recruited? These jerks stop at nothing to use for cannon fodder. Course, I'm certain you'd donate YOUR kid. Sure, so we can all have gas for our cars! Very patriotic.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:36 am
Bella Dea wrote:
I have never seen recruiters following boys around. Do they visit schools? Maybe. But I've not met someone who was actually recruited, versus joining on their own free will. And I know quite a few military people.

You seem to forget what you say. Old Timers' Disease?

If your "educated" statment is based on F9/11, you need to do some actual research.

Oh, it's based on much, much more than that. F9/11 was preaching to the choir. We already suspected as much. No big surprise, but a well-documented piece.

Where does your oh-so-impressive wisdom come forth?

However, I do think it's important that those thinking of joining the military understand that they may be asked to do things they don't necessarily agree with and that they must do them. I think that they need to know that the military is not the way it is on tv, all glory and the good guys always win.

Yeah, you're so right. An 18 year old kid knows all about death. Maybe they should show them photos of kids with their guts blown out. I bet recruitment would drop like a bomb.

I think the guy with the sign might have been doing it for selfish purposes but as he said, it is his right and what they are fighting for; freedom.

Freedom? Who are you kidding lady? Freedom to drive your car? Freedom for what? Please define. America has lost more 'freedoms' in the debacle than it has gained. As you are all now learning. Take off the blinder and wake up.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:47 am
ralpheb wrote:
Bella, You and I don't agree on a lot either, but I too must agree. It is like a train wreck.

Yo, speed racer, to continue on, you showed an article where in a 3 year period 5,500 military members went AWOL. to help you do the basic math. There are over 900,000 American service members world wide at anytime. This 5500 that you are so concerned about represents about 1/2 of 1% of the total American force, or to put things in easier numbers, that would be like a company of 9,000 people losing 6 people over 3 years because they didn't like their job. DAMN that sure is alot. Yep you confirm more and more your just an idiot.
Oh, and did you watch feirenHYPE 9/11 yet? Or is that too far over your pea brain?

Too The other Canadian posters, I know english major does not represent the mojority of your country. It seems english major had her lunch money taken from her/him alot in grade school and is still angry about it.

You, fool, don't have a clue that Canada does not like America at all. Try Canada Kicks Ass website and see how well liked you are. Our TV/magazines portray a different picture from what you're hearing.
Yeah, the military is a big employer in America, EH? Only place you can get a paycheck, medical and maybe a pension, unlike so many other american companies that are folding because they cannot afford to pay pensions and medical. Or are you that far in your reading yet?
It'll be interesting if there's a draft because I doubt many will sign up. Only the poor and disenfranchised. But that's always been what Bush, Dick and Colon wanted for cannon fodder.

Maybe you should to the math and figure out how much America is paying 900,000 military to 'defend' itself from terror that it propagates. You might be able to do some serious infrastructure in America if you didn't have such a huge military family to support. Hell, maybe you could afford medical for EVERYONE like we do in Canada, and have decent schools rather than your prisons being in better shape than the schools. America is disgraceful and a bully. Pretty bad when France calls America arrogant.
0 Replies

Mortkat

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 12:49 am
Of course, Bella Dea, You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. No one should make generalizations about Canada or any other country. So, if I agree with that, why do I make comments about Canada's weak GDP per person as compared to the USA, its corrupt government which was recently toppled, its most ineffective Medical Care and its crack down on the civil rights of pederasts in British Columbia.

I guess you could call it a quid pro quo.

When gasbags like Blotham go around bloviating about the US's "masturbatory self-gratulations" and other idiocies that issue from his unsourced posts which can be said to be nothing more than gross generalizations without evidence and english major makes comments without any real documentation, I reply in kind.

I do indeed agree with you, Bella Dea. Generalizations should be proscribed. I await their elimination by such worthies as Blatham and english major.
0 Replies

pachelbel

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 01:14 am
Where do you get your news? Cracker Jacks?

You will have to be specific, deadcat, because the poorest poor in the US, if you do an average, come out the worst. Let me see some stats or - shut your piehole. You are so much bad smelly flatulence.

Corrupt government recently toppled? Corrupt is an interesting word when compared to what the US does, it makes our gov't look like Snow White.

We had a minority gov to begin with, but it has NOT been toppled until the election and may VERYwell be a continuing of the same thing we have, which is fine with us Canucks.

Maybe you should investigate the way Parliment operates. Much more efficient that your two party (or is it ONE now?) operates.

As for our medical, we know you yanks are jealous as hell, but it works just fine! I get to see whatever doc I want, I get excellent care, the prescriptions ARE WHAT YOU YANKS TRY TO GET FROM OVER OUR BORDER BY THE BUSLOAD because they are excellent quality (or you wouldn't want them) and don't cost an arm and a leg. We have PharmaCare as well, for everyone, that pays for our Rx's.

I compare this to what I got in the States which was supposed to be the best (haha) but was only expensive and hard to get to the doctor I wanted. Took weeks to see a doc when I had a broken shoulder in the states. Great care, yeah, sure. I don't have that situation here, no Canadian does. If I need a medical test, procedure, etc., I've got it within a week or less. And I don't pay $500 or more a month for it. When you retire, if you work, figure out how much YOUR medical will cost you, if there's any available by then. As Canadians, we can go anywhere in Canada for medical procedures. They even pay our ferry/plane/train.

I'd just love to see you compare that with the States. Only the rich get medical care there, and even it's not great.

Eat your heart out, yank. You are also a pedophile as you seem SO concerned about being tracked by BC cops. Don't worry, Canada won't let a sicko gasbag like you in our country. You can stay in the states with the rest of the weirdos.

Next time you want to debate, get your facts straight. You sound really dumb.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 01:20 am
Mortkat wrote:
Of course, Bella Dea, You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. No one should make generalizations about Canada or any other country. So, if I agree with that, why do I make comments about Canada's weak GDP per person as compared to the USA, its corrupt government which was recently toppled, its most ineffective Medical Care and its crack down on the civil rights of pederasts in British Columbia.

I guess you could call it a quid pro quo.

When gasbags like Blotham go around bloviating about the US's "masturbatory self-gratulations" and other idiocies that issue from his unsourced posts which can be said to be nothing more than gross generalizations without evidence and english major makes comments without any real documentation, I reply in kind.

I do indeed agree with you, Bella Dea. Generalizations should be proscribed. I await their elimination by such worthies as Blatham and english major.

Thanks, pachebl, but I can fight my own fights. I didn't know you were a Canadian too? Where?

Seems Mr. Piehole has a lot to say about things he knows nothing about. I hope you set him straight. He does seem to like to defend pedophiles. Wonder why? Should we report him, or be glad he's in the States? (Hopefully!)
0 Replies