I think I pulled my shoulder out

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 09:58 am
the doctor was confused also, she said it seemed weird... but she checked it out, it may be my posture from work, the stress on my back I guess.... sitting all day doesn't help, that is usually when it hurts the most, but the fluid must have just been building up.....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:00 am
I can relate to that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:01 am
Do you excersize or stretch regularly?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:02 am
Not really. Why?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:05 am
<squint>
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:09 am
no... i do not
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:15 am
I have a bad neck - I get all kinds of cricks and spasms in it, but when I stretch it just a little the problems seem to happen much less frequently.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:16 am
the doctor said if it doesn't start to feel better soon, she wants to be to to physical therapy so they can put a topical ointment or something like that on it and so they can stretch it for me
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:18 am
Do what she says. If you have a problem that you don't address early, it can sometimes get much more problematic and harder to treat in the future.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:20 am
SO glad you went to the doc, CL. Seems like about the best possible outcome -- confirmation to your mom/ work that you're not imagining things, but nothing too serious.

Stretching sounds promising. When I was training people for office jobs there were a series of sitting-down-in-front-of-the-computer-typing stretches we taught -- can't remember all of them. One was stretching your hand out straight in front of you, "Stop in the name of love"-style, and then gently bending back your fingers.

I'll see if I can find something online (but talk to your doc before doing any of it).
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:24 am
CL
Crazielady420 wrote:
the doctor said if it doesn't start to feel better soon, she wants to be to to physical therapy so they can put a topical ointment or something like that on it and so they can stretch it for me

You might want to try a different type of computer keyboard. A regular straight keyboard is very hard on your back, shoulder and neck muscles if you are at it several hours a day.

I bought an ergonomic keyboard for my office computer and then one for my home. It made a huge difference in reduction of back and shoulder pain. There are several configurations. This is the one I use:

http://www.askergoworks.com/shopexd.asp?id=114

You will want to have the same board configuration for work and for home otherwise you will have difficulty in using two different types for touch typing.

BBB
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:30 am
That too.

Here are some stretches:

http://www.ccohs.ca/oshanswers/ergonomics/office/stretching.html
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2005 10:32 am
thanks guys :-D
0 Replies