I think I pulled my shoulder out

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:22 am
Just a few minutes ago, my left shoulder area started to really hurt and now I can barely move my damn arm... I feel like I need to pop my shoulder back in place, it isn't the upper shoulder, it is the part that is right near your lungs....

Any suggestions on what I can do, it hurts just to type with my left hand right now Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,123 • Replies: 52
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:24 am
Get to the doctor. It could be a heart condition.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:29 am
cjhsa wrote:

I have a heart condition... and there is no way I can leave work right now...

It just hurts alot when I breathe and when I move
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:34 am
crazie
Crazielady420 wrote:
cjhsa wrote:

I have a heart condition... and there is no way I can leave work right now...

It just hurts alot when I breathe and when I move

GET TO A DOCTOR STAT!

BBB
0 Replies

stanlen

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:55 am
Urgent that you go to the nearest Emergency Room.......NOW
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:56 am
I will try my best to do so, but I can't get in anymore trouble at work and I don't think a pulled shoulder could be enough to leave for
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:58 am
CrazieLady
Crazielady420 wrote:
I will try my best to do so, but I can't get in anymore trouble at work and I don't think a pulled shoulder could be enough to leave for

If you are dead, your job won't matter. If your boss is a decent human being, he/she will drive you to the E.R. himself.

BBB
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:59 am
CL, please.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 10:59 am
But is it nec. to go to the ER with a pulled muscle or pinched nerve, thats what my mom said she thought it was, she works with me... and I don't want people to think I am overreacting either
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 11:03 am
CL
Crazielady420 wrote:
But is it nec. to go to the ER with a pulled muscle or pinched nerve, thats what my mom said she thought it was, she works with me... and I don't want people to think I am overreacting either

Is your mother a physician?

You are not being smart, CL.

BBB
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 11:08 am
OK, I will wait 10-15 minutes and if I still feel like this, I will talk to my boss and my mother
0 Replies

sozobe

At least call your doctor and see what he/she has to say. (None of us are doctors, either.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Not so much on the waiting, but call your doc.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 11:09 am
No doctor, insurance changed over, I am in between doctors
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 11:20 am
Just spoke to my mother, told her I think I need to go to the ER, she told me today is not a good day, corp. is coming in and I got a written warning the other day at work (I came in late due to my alarm not going off).... and she said that I shouldn't leave today and that I will be fine

Me on the other hand, I feel dizzy, extremely hot, and it hurts when I breath.... but it could also be the onset of a stupid panic attack... I think if I can function enough to write this thread, that I should be able to make it through the work day, or at least until lunch.... but I am in alot of pain...

This is why I don't like working with my mother, if I make the wrong choices I never hear the end of it and then I will get the well I told you so attitude, especially if I do go to the ER and everythign is fine
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 11:22 am
Ooh, I wish you had a doctor.

Can you call the ER, then? Tell them what's up, ask if they think you should come in?

I'm mindful of the possible real-world consequences here, and I once had something similar happen at the office that turned out to be nothing. This also sounds very worrisome, though, especially if you have a heart condition.

I don't think any of us -- those of us here or your mom -- can give medical advice, so I want you to get medical advice ASAP. Call the ER, go from there.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 11:27 am
Screw the job. If you're dead, then I guess that will show them, right?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 11:34 am
I think I will be just fine, I prolly just pulled a muscle right near my lungs, which explains why it hurts when I breathe...

But I will call the ER and check with them, just to be on the safe side... especially with my meds and all.... But they will just tell me that unless I am having chest pains and my arm is going numb and I have a headache or something like that, then not to bother coming in, just relax for a bit...

But going with my instinct that I have a badly pulled muscle, any advice on that?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:06 pm
How would you have pulled it that badly without doing anything? Or have you started lifting?
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 01:10 pm
How ya doing, CL? Any better?
0 Replies