Are you, as a straight person, intimidated by gay/lesbians?

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 07:45 am
dlowan wrote:

The other day, when I saw a new fella's wedding tackle for the first time, all I could think of was "Lord 'elpus".

You mean this expression isn't a custom or tradition of some kind? I just thought that it was the thing that ladies traditionally uttered, when a man removed his trousers.

Most of my previous dalliance victims have said this, and usually carry on with "...and just WHO do you think you are going to satisfy with THAT?"

To which I answer....................."M-E-E-E-E!"
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 07:47 am
I hope not cause if so, I'm so gonna get it from one of my closest friends and his boyfriend.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 07:52 am
This thread reminds me of the scene in the Jack Black movie where a woman convinced Jack's character that he was gay.

The guy told his buddy about it. His buddy said, "Oh, so now you think your gay?"

"Maybe I am."

"Why would you even think that?"

"Well, I like Barbara Streisand movies. I've always wanted to be a hairdresser. And I enjoy giving blowjobs."
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:06 am
My best friend is a lesbian.. I knew her when she had a long term boyfriend and all.... Had sleepovers over her house before I knew and after she came out.... It has never changed the way I look at her... She has never once come on to me and never will.

Also 75% of my friends are bisexual, granted it is not a lifestyle for me, I am still not intimidated by it at all... When I turn 21 next month she is taking me to a gay bar with her, which should be interesting considering I am straight, but I told her I would go with her.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:41 am
With out reading the whole thread, and just responding to the initial post-

I do feel a certain intimidation around gay people.
Maybe intimidation isnt a good word... because Im not SCARED of them, for christsake, they are just humans.

I think, i feel.. wierd..? Like i dont belong..
Gay people have a diffrent energy about them that stands out like a sore thumb to be.
I can pick up on that particular energy ANYWHERE.. and part of me enjoys the diffrence.. the other part of me feels like I dont belong and that I should change who I am to 'fit in with the crowd"
Not change who I am sexually.. but who I am socially.
It feels like I should have a diffrent sense of humor, diffrent clothing style, diffrent thought process sometimes... All in order to fit in .

Strange? Yeah.. but that is how I feel sometimes.

Mind you, I have many gay friends and I dont ever DO those things just to hang out with them. But it is a wierd sort of... need.. I have , to change who I am to make sure I fit in.

but then, Im sorta wierd as well. hehe
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 08:44 am
shewolfnm wrote:

Not change who I am sexually.. but who I am socially.
It feels like I should have a diffrent sense of humor, diffrent clothing style, diffrent thought process sometimes... All in order to fit in .

Well, you do because it is a different social world. The humor is different. But to me, it's more relaxed environment...for me at least. I can't speak for my friends but when I am with them, I feel more relaxed and able to cut loose.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:07 am
I feel that way too...

i just find it WIERD that I have the drive to emphasize that feeling instead of just ' rolling with the crowd' so to speak..
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:10 am
If several gays held me down and tried to f**k me I'd be intimidated.... other than that, who gives a ****?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 09:21 am
Dlowan wrote:

Quote:
matronizing

I like that word.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:14 pm
I think shewolfnm pretty much hit the nail on the head. I think the intimidation or uncomfortableness might just stem from our need to not feel left out or different? I don't know if that is explained very well. shewolfnm explained it better, but I agree with her. :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:23 pm
I think you are right MA.
it is about not wanting to be the ' odd ball', or to be left out, or not part of the crowd.

Insecurity is hard to live with. Espically when it doesnt belong to you.

sad thing is.. most gay people are treated that way in almost every part of their day.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:24 pm
I'm not intimidated by gays at all.

Just by blacks and puerto ricans.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:25 pm
I think it's the opposite for straights really. I am always readily accepted when surrounded by gays. On the other hand, many gays are not accepted when surrounded by straights.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 02:33 pm
Re: Are you, as a straight person, intimidated by gay/lesbia
CrazyDiamond wrote:
I don't know about you, but when I know a guy is gay, it's kind of uncomfortable to be around him. I'm feel fine around lesbians, but maybe some of you ladies don't. With gay guys, it's probably a fear that they will be attracted and come on to me or something; I don't know.
It just feels strange. Now, I don't mean to be mean, but it's the truth. I know gays/lesbians are, for the majority, very nice people. I just can't help but feel intimidated in a gay man's presence.
Anybody else?

You shouldnt feel intimidated by gay men CrazyDiamond. He's not really attacted to you. Just keep your knees together, pull your skirt down as you go to the bar, and remember if he starts talking flowers or make up it because he has a genuine interest, not because he wants to get in your pants. Hope that helps Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 03:56 pm
You are a very bad man . . . hehehehehehehe . . .

you crack me up . . .
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 05:48 pm
To my knowledge I never had any friends or aquaintences who were gay.
0 Replies

Bodhisattvawannabe

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 06:06 pm
Lord Ellpus wrote:

Although I have absolutely no problem with having gays or lesbians as friends, but I have found SOME lesbians to be more.....and I'm trying to think of the right word here
......predatory?......territorial?......and quite overt in their dislike for men.

Most of the lesbians that I know were sexually abused by men (usually family members) when they were children and have a strong dislike for men because of it.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 06:08 pm
No acquaintances, au? Are you serious or are you "making a statement"?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 06:14 pm
flyboy804

I am serious. I do not number gays among my friends or aquaintences.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 20 Dec, 2005 06:19 pm
My mother said the same thing, au. Funny thing was I knew three gay people that she knew very well.
0 Replies