How Should a Christian Act?

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:11 pm
The "banker" families? Turning in fellow Jews...?

I have never heard such a thing--of course, that doesn't mean it's not true--however, when someone makes such an assertion, they should be prepared to show evidence or retract it.

It sounds very much like a stereotypical slur. I'd appreciate evidence to support the statement, or a retraction.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:16 pm
I'm not positive what Queen Annie meant, Lash. But I have read many stories where some in the camps would become trustees over others. They did it out of a will to survive. Do you want me to find something on this for you?

Also, some in the camps with specific talents, musical, artistical, etc., were given special treatment (seemingly) and were used for entertaining the Nazis at parties, etc. I don't know for sure how other prisoners felt about it, but I can surely understand someone trying to stay alive in such desperate circumstances.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:28 pm
for more learning
The Holocaust\Shoah Page
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 08:29 pm
Lash,

Here are three links also. The trustees had many different names, kapos, Judenrat, etc.

Hope this helps.

http://www.aztlan.net/identity.htm

http://www.traumaresearch.net/net1/forum1/kadm.htm

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/auschwitz/BurdenSurvival.htm

Thanx for your link Husker.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:02 pm
Lash wrote:
queen annie wrote:
I think that there was a goodly participation by a certain class of Jews, as well. Those of the banker families.

This sounds like a slur. Do you have any evidence to support this statement?

Well, not 'on me.' But it's not something I am just spouting off about. It's easily researched, but some of it gets kind of deep--going in to the forces which move behind the scenes to start wars. Namely WWI and WWII. If you've ever studied the lead-in to WWI in relation to Austria, I think it was--would it have been the Chancellor? That doesn't sound right. I can't remember off the top of my head. Anyway, a whole lot of killing was began from what seemed, on the surface, to be a case of misunderstanding and bad timing.

If you are offended by my statement for whatever reason, then I'll find some evidence for you--but if not, then I guess it's just a matter of personal research. Also not the topic of this thead, I don't think. (I've suddenly forgotten the topic so I'm not asserting myself on that, however. hee hee Too much food and I'm dull. Embarrassed )
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:22 pm
BTW--I am not one to 'stereotypically slur' anyone, and Jews are no exception. Stereotypes are labels and labels I have no use for in any situation; but when I say 'banker families' I am just trying to be more specific so that I am not being stereotypical.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:37 pm
Queen Annie,

Yes. I am offended by the statement that there "was a goodly participation by a certain class of Jews, as well. Those of the banker families."

I don't think it was "goodly" or by a certain class. I don'tlike that you even thought to say it, as if even if there WERE people desperate enough to sell out neighbors, that they were ANYWHERE comparable to the inhumane animals who thought the thing up and perpetrated it.

To lump them in so blithely pisses me off, truthfully.

Free speech being what it is--that's my opinion.

MA--

I have really enjoyed speaking to you on several occasions, and hope to continue to do so--however, I prefer not to have my conversations mediated, even by the well intentioned.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:40 pm
Lady Lash,

I am sorry. I butted in and I should not have. Embarrassed Please forgive me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:41 pm
It wasn't bad enough to require forgiveness.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:42 pm
Thank you for that but I will definitely watch it from now on.

How was your Christmas Lady Lash?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:44 pm
Lovely. And yours?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:46 pm
Quiet and peaceful. The cats just finished off the turkey and are all napping in front of the heater.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:47 pm
My daughter became engaged.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:48 pm
Oh Lash! How wonderful! It is, isn't it? What a wonderful Christmas present for her! Tell her congratulations from me, please.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:50 pm
I will.

It was sweet to hear her fiance giving the news to my son, via long distance. My son reported he said, "Be nice to her."

<giggle>
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:52 pm
That is so sweet! I am so happy for all of you!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:54 pm
Thank you.

What did you do, besides spoil cats?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 09:56 pm
Cooked a huge dinner. Took a long nap. Hubby spent most of the day with his dad. His dad has cancer and doesn't have long. So, it's ben really quiet here today.
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 10:59 pm
Here is a good outline of what I was referring to in regard to the holocaust and zionism:
The Origin of the Palestine-Israel Conflict
0 Replies

queen annie

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2005 11:02 pm
Didn't mean to interrupt you guys' nice conversation, there...I posted it from a page I still had open on my browser from earlier. Then I saw how I sounded so rude and grumpy--but I only was not paying attention.

Sorry. Anyway, just wanted to give some reference so I didn't come off in the wrong light earlier.

Very Happy:
0 Replies