Noddy24

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:34 pm
What about:

Love thy neighbor as thyself.

Peace on Earth, Good Will to Men.

Forgive them, Lord, they know not what they do.

The "letter" that started this discussion sounded more like Moses smashing the Golden Calf than the musings of a God of Love.
0 Replies

myheartisyours

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:37 pm
i personally loved the letter
it may not have been perfect, for it was written by human
but it has a deep point to it and it express the pain jesus must feel when people celebrate other things besides him, on the day that was symbolized as HIS day
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:41 pm
I don't recall Jesus being so selfish.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:43 pm
myheartisyours wrote:
i personally loved the letter
it may not have been perfect, for it was written by human
but it has a deep point to it and it express the pain jesus must feel when people celebrate other things besides him, on the day that was symbolized as HIS day

So this Jesus of yours is childish and egocentric, and has a fit if he's not the center of attention? I'll pass on the Jesus, thank you . . .
0 Replies

myheartisyours

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:53 pm
i dont agree
Quote:
So this Jesus of yours is childish and egocentric, and has a fit if he's not the center of attention? I'll pass on the Jesus, thank you . . .

I dont agree with everything in the letter of course.
It was written by human, as I said.
But it still has a BIg point to it.
And it is noticable to those who want to notice it.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:54 pm
Re: i dont agree
myheartisyours wrote:
Quote:

I dont agree with everything in the letter of course.
It was written by human, as I said.
But it still has a BIg point to it.
And it is noticable to those who want to notice it.

And that point is what?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:55 pm
myheartisyours,

There will always be those that will never accept that letter as a loving message and reminder.

And there will be those that will mock it and demean it.

Just remember what it means to you and to so many others.
0 Replies

myheartisyours

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:56 pm
The Point
The point is that people forget that CHristmas is celebrated BECAUSE of Jesus.
They create other reasons, other things to celebrate.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 02:57 pm
That's right, never give up the delusion . . . once lost, the blinding light of reality may prevent you from ever wandering back to never-never land . . .
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:05 pm
i agree
i agree that the letter isnt perfect.
i really dont like the part where he says he didnt get any gifts..
and that santa claus looks drunk..
but i didnt delete any parts from the letter
because i didnt write it in the first place
i just found it, liked the point of it, and posted it Confused
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:09 pm
okay.....now if there were parts you did not like why didn't you mention that at the very start?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:13 pm
Personally, I don't think Jesus gives a **** whether we celebrate his birthday or not. He might like it, though, if we read the actual things he said when he was here.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:16 pm
Freeduck,

I have to agree with you. I think we are all going to be very surprised how far off the mark we just may be from His teachings.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:18 pm
Huh?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:20 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Personally, I don't think Jesus gives a **** whether we celebrate his birthday or not. He might like it, though, if we read the actual things he said when he was here.

God it was like you just walked right into my brain and picked out what I've been trying to say but failing at saying.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:22 pm
Sturgis,

I should have clarified that a bit. Sorry. I believe that those that do the condemning and tell others they are going to hell, the Pat Robertson types, etc., are going to be a bit shocked when Christ asks them, "why did you treat anyone like that? That is not what I taught you."

I, in no way, am saying I have all the answers and the exact truth of Christ's teachings. I just think some things are a lot more obvious than others.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:34 pm
Okay. Thanks for the explanation M.A.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:34 pm
yeah,..
Very Happy yeah...
ive NEVER told a person that they will go to hell..
(even though everyday people say "go to hell" just as they would say "get lost" or "go away" and i think thats wrong...)
but once i saw a shirt that said "liars go to hell"
and i realy liked it.. i wouldve gotten it if i could find it somewhere..
and im not saying i dont lie..
of course i do
everyone does
but at least i know its sin and try to stay away from it sometimes
but i just thought that the shirt is kind of encouraging (to me)

but yeah..
im glad we finally agree Laughing

(can you believe it? i had to retype this whole comment 3 times! the first time i typed and clicked on a smiley face.. my whole comment got deleted.. and the second time.. same thing happened! uggh! i learned something new at least: never be lazy to click copy and paste before sending something... just in case it deletes.. i usually do that.. but sometimes forget..)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:39 pm
Well, I am glad that you understand rosie. I'm sure it will make it easier for you on A2K if you do.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 03:42 pm
no one knows
Momma Angel wrote:

I, in no way, am saying I have all the answers and the exact truth of Christ's teachings. I just think some things are a lot more obvious than others.

no one knows the exact truth,
no one.
i have a friend.. he's around 29.. (he's a surfer) and he calls himself Christian too.. but i disagree ..
i told him that he's very confused also..
because he beleives in something different from the Christianity that Jesus taught us
he read the book "Science and Health" by... something- Eddy (He calls her Ms Eddy) and i bought the book just to see what he believes in too..
but i regret buying it..
i barely read anything because everything there is just some confused womans words, not truth!
it says that life is just a dream, and all people are just beliefs... no one really exists.. we must learn how to escape from this dream.. etc..
and he believes that what she wrote is the EXACT TRUTH that God opened to him! he believes that God sent this woman to teach people this truth..
and I mean he read the book and now he's so confused about everything..
we have the same views on some things..
but he says one thing, but his second sentence is against what he just said.. i say "but you just said...." and he says something else aagisnt what he jsut says again.. one second he agrees with me.. the next second he's quoting from the book and disagreeing..
and its very sad to see a guy so young but so confused in everything..
but he wont listen when i tell him that nobody knows the exact truth..
he says that what he believes in is the exact truth sent from God..
(i ask.. then why is it that the "truth" you believe in goes against the Bible, but you still read the Bible and beleive in it too?- and he doesnt have an answer to that)
and i wrote all this ..
just to say that no oen knows the exact truth..
all we can do is find something that is understandable.. and hope that it is the real truth
0 Replies