Lash

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:38 pm
they're!! I hate not being able to edit. I never get everything right the first time.

they're!!!! How can you possibly tell them they're wrong....!!!!

Arg!
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:44 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Questioner Wrote:

Quote:
Sorry MA, but this is a ridiculous statement.

If you're wrong, you're wrong. Regardless of what you 'think' or 'feel' or 'believe', if you make the statement that the sky is pink with purple polka-dots you are plain wrong.

It's imposing nothing, it's correcting.

So, if I disagree with someone else, I am wrong? Does that mean if Mesquite disagrees with me, he is wrong?

I don't look at it as who is right or wrong. I look at it as we have differing beliefs, views, etc.

I think what I'm saying is fairly straightforward and non-confusing. If you argue something that is empiracly proven impossible then you are wrong and will be corrected.

If it's a battle of opinions where no real proof for either side can be presented then the use of the phrase 'your wrong' is little more than a debating tool, in which case your assertion that it is an ending of true discussion is still 'wrong'.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:48 pm
This is soooooooooooooo frustrating! That's just it. Neither side can offer proof positive. I believe what I believe and others believe what they believe.

The only difference is in the way those beliefs are being presented.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:51 pm
MA, Intrepid, Lash, great job of deflecting the discussion away from truly "imposing belief" to a whine about nothing.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:52 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
This is soooooooooooooo frustrating! That's just it. Neither side can offer proof positive. I believe what I believe and others believe what they believe.

The only difference is in the way those beliefs are being presented.

The difference is your forcing your fanatsies on others.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:53 pm
mesquite wrote:
MA, Intrepid, Lash, great job of deflecting the discussion away from truly "imposing belief" to a whine about nothing.

Mesquite,

What is with you? You are the only one that can feel like someone else is imposing their beliefs on them? Hey, I happen to think if you vote for same sex marriage, you are imposing your beliefs on me.

Big danged deal! It's your right to vote the way you want to vote for whatever reason you vote. There is no law telling you that you have to vote only using a particular method.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 01:54 pm
Are all votes attempts to impose beliefs?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:00 pm
I was once the recipient of a letter from Jesus, but it didn't have enough postage and I was not about to pay, so I never read it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:07 pm
Lady Lash,

I think all votes are people voting for what they want, whether it be for the good of all, or for themselves. It's just that cut and dried for me.
I have no right to jump anyone for what they vote. It's none of my business what, why, etc., actually. But, I'm surely not going to treat them differently just because they think differently than I do.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:08 pm
Given that we've got a secret ballot in this country, how the hell would you know? It get tedious watching you tout your virtue . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:10 pm
Setanta wrote:
Given that we've got a secret ballot in this country, how the hell would you know? It get tedious watching you tout your virtue . . .

Mr. Setanta,

Good afternoon, Mr. Setanta! How are you this fine, day sir?

Mr. Setanta, how would I know what?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:11 pm
Fortunately, she has exhibited a goodly chunk of virtue, in the face of what would be to most, provocation of the highest order.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:24 pm
Yeah, right, Lash . . . she's a saint . . . if i weren't such a rabid hater of all christians, i could see that. I make me sick. Why don't i just shut up . . .

Saved ya some trouble there, sister . . .
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:27 pm
I prefer politeness over rudeness, of course.

But politeness in itself proves nothing about virtue.

Some of the most evil people are really polite. Some of the rudest have a heart of gold.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:33 pm
Setanta wrote:
Yeah, right, Lash . . . she's a saint . . . if i weren't such a rabid hater of all christians, i could see that. I make me sick. Why don't i just shut up . . .

I would have said none of that. I just think you don't give her credit for being kind, for trying to understand others' points, and for sticking her neck out when she doesn't have to. I think those things, and her deflection of rudeness in deference to humor, are admirable,...virtuous. We can have virtue, as well as faults, a bit of malevolence, hidden away.

She doesn't claim perfection.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:35 pm
Mr. Setanta Wrote:

Quote:

Mr. Setanta,

I am really confused now!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/confusedsmiley.gif On this thread, http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1682835&highlight=hate+christians#1682835, you said you didn't hate Christians.

Now, you are saying you are a rabid hater of all Christians? Mr. Setanta, can you please clear this up for me Question Perhaps you are just being sarcastic in this thread? :wink:

I hope you are having a fine day, Mr. Setanta!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
You two crack me up . . . thanks for the comic relief . . .
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 02:57 pm
Lash wrote:
Are all votes attempts to impose beliefs?

No.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 04:56 pm
OK, mesquite.

Who decides which are and which aren't?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 04:57 pm
Right you are about politeness, nimh. Politeness has to do with politics, with public behavior. People who are polite in public (re: people with whom relations are formal and distant) may be very discourteous with familiars.
0 Replies