Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:39 pm
A letter from Jesus

As you well know, we are getting closer to my birthday. Every year there is a celebration in my honor and I think that this year the celcbration will be repeated.

During this time there are many people shopping for gifts, there are many radio announcements, TV commercials, and in every part of the world everyone is talking that my birthday is grtting closer and closer.

It is really nice to know, that at least once a year, some people think of me.

As you know, the celebration of my birthday began many years ago.

At first people seemed to understand and be thankful of all that I did for them, but in these times, no one seems to know the reasonfor the celebration.

Family and friends get together and have a lot of fun, but they don't know the meaning of the celebration. I remember that last year there was a great feast in my honor. The dinner table was full of delicious foods, pastries, fruits, assorted nuts and chocolates. The decorations were exquisite and there were many, many beautifully wrapped gifts.

But, do you want to know something? I wasn't invited.

I was the guest of honor, and they didn't remember to ssend me an invitation.

The party was for me but when that great day came, I was left outside, they closed the door in my face.. and I wanted to be with them and share their table.

In truth, that didn't suprise me because in the last few years all close their door to me. Since I wasn't invited, I decided to enter the party without making any noise. I went inside and stood in a corner. They were all drinking: there were some who were drunk and telling jokes and laughing at everything. They were haveing a grand time.

To top it all, this big fat man all dressed in red wearing a long white beard entered the room yelling HO-HO-HO! He seemed drunk. He sat on the sofa and all the children ran to him, saying: "Santa Claus, Santa Claus" as if the party were in his honor.

At midnight all the people began to hug each other: I extended my arms waiting for someone to hug me and do you know no-one hugged me.

Suddenly they all began to share gifts. They opened them one by one with great expecation. When all had been opened, I looked to see if, maybe, there was one for me. What would you feel if on your birthday everybody shered gifts and you did not get one?

I then understood that I was unwanted at that party and quietly left.

Every year it gets worse. People only remember the gifts, the parties, to eat and drink, and nobody remembers me. I would like this Christmas that you allow me to enter into your life.

I would like that you recognize the fact that two thousand years ago I came to this world to give my life for you, on the cross, to save you. Today, I only want that you believe this with all your heart.

I want to share something with you. As many didn't invite me to their party, I will have my own celebration, a grandiose party that no one has ever imagined, a spectacular party. I'm still making the final arrangements.

Today I am sending out many invitations and there is an invitation for you. I want to know if you wish to attened and I will make a reservation for you and write your name with golden letters in my great guest book. Only those on the guest list will be invited to the party.

Those who don't answear the invite, will be left outside. Be prepared because when all is ready you will be part of my great party.

See you soon. I Love You!
JESUS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 15,354 • Replies: 339
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:49 pm
Just curious.....why is there like 4 of this same topic?
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:52 pm
because...
because i did this to share this with as many people as i can!
i felt i had to share it everywhere i could..
i will send this to people on christmas along with a christmas card too..
its so sad but yet true!!! i
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:59 pm
It's nice to know that Jesus can't spell, and makes the odd typo error like the rest of us.
0 Replies

Agent of Change

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:05 am
He also seems to have forgotten that the reason his "birthday" is in December is because the early Church "borrowed" a traditional pagan midwinter festival, as it was a convenient party to rename as Christmas and too much competition for space in peasant peoples' diaries.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:06 am
*DUH!*
that wasnt jesus writing above.. *DUH!*
that was just..
well i found that one some other forum and loved it so much.. i had to share it with other people..
and that was somebody that got inspired.. and knew what pain Jesus felt..
so through that person Jesus's feelings were shown..

and if youre going to cirticize it..
ok so be it..
i just wonder if it reallly hasnt touched your heart (like it touched mine)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:08 am
I am amazed at how so many just don't understand. It's not about buying presents and it's not about Jesus being born on a certain day. It's symbolic of His birth. I don't think you will find any Christian that will tell you Christ was definitely born on December 25. It is just to symbolize His birth.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:08 am
ok..
if youre going to cirticize it..
ok so be it..
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:43 am
If it WASN'T a letter from Jesus, then you shouldn't have introduced it as such.

For a minute there, you had me going.....I even checked the BBC News website to see if there had been a second coming.

Then I would have been REALLLY amazed.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 01:55 am
I dunno, L E - stuff gets lost and delayed in the post allatime - coulda been "In the system" a while, and just recently found and delivered. Nothing real special about that.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:09 am
Re: ok..
loveislikearose3 wrote:
if youre going to cirticize it..
ok so be it..

There's no need to shout at us. Further, I need to ask: Are non-Christian people also allowed to reflect upon this letter? What really puzzles, nay, perplexes me...well, maybe just makes me wonder...is the poll at the start asking 'Do you believe that Jesus is your true savior'. From my understanding of it, the true meaning of Christmas is reflected in gift giving...when it is done from the heart, without the 'hey, what'd ya get me?' thinking. There are many people who celebrate Christmas as a the birthday of Jesus, you just aren't looking hard enough to find them. Maybe a trip past a local Church during the Advent season will help you locate them.

Are there those who are only into the tinsel and trinkets? Sure. Such is life, and the bottom line is that the Jesus you speak of would know that he is being remembered on a daily basis by millions. Believe you me, if people really didn't remember what Christmas is all about there would be no Christmas trees, gift giving, card sending, caroling or any other thing at this time of year. It would be just another day to head off to the office or school or where-ever. Just because there isn't a supposed pile of gifts for Jesus does not mean he has been over-looked. People who serve meals at homeless shelters, give coats to those who do not have, provide shelter for those who have lost their homes, give presents to children who might otherwise have nothing, talk with the sad eyed stranger sitting on a park bench, hold the hand of the lonely person dieing in the hospital, read a book to the blind person, wash the body of the infirmed...without thought of monetary reward, shovel the snow off the stairs and walkway for the man in a wheelchair...again with no thought of money.., and countless other deeds, these people are all in their own way celebrating Christmas or at least a remembrance of a Higher Being (God, Jehovah or whatever name you choose) with their actions...if they did not believe in Christmas in some way then they would stay at home with a bucket of chicken and ribs and scarf down food all day while sports games were being shown on television.

Then there is me...I do not give gifts out on Christmas. I do not send cards. I do not go to Church. I do however look at December 25 as a day for remembering. I treat it as a day to thank God. Come to think of it that is what I try to do most days...Thank God. For what? Oh, the little treasures and pleasures that make up my life. I take Christmas Day as a day to remember that there have been various people through the ages who have made it their life work to connect other mortals to a spiritual path. Guess I had better dress warm since Jesus won't let me in the door.

The Jesus you portray in your letter. He sounds like a bitter and resentful old guy. "OOOH you didn't invite me to your party so I'm having my own and if you don't answer me just the way I want, I'm gonna throw a hissy fit and make you stand outside." Oddly the Jesus I used to hear about in Church School lessons wasn't that spiteful. That Jesus would have been disappointed if people did not answer the invite, but would have left the door open for all to enter who wanted to...with or without gifts. That Jesus would be welcoming even to the most despised person in town.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:23 am
Bravo!

Sturgis, that is one of the best replies I've read on this forum in a long while.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:42 am
I'll be honest, I can never get through reading stuff like this....my mind starts to wander.

I begin thinking about Christmas craft shows and stores that specialize in selling supplies for holidays and artsy craftsy people.

Then of course, I envision all the women that frequent these stores. All the way from the 30 year old wearing spandex pants and t-shirts that dive into the fat rolls on their backs, yet at the same time don't manage to cover all of their ass. And the women of a certain age whose hair is done up like my avatars, wearing every piece of jewelry their husband ever gave them, much of it concerning angels either flying about or staring down in a concerned way. Then there's the grand dames who proudly wear their holiday best. Sweaters with so many appliques of reindeer, santa, ho ho ho's and what not that they could be used as a traffic signal.

The common denominator is that they all find this sort of tripe incredibly deep and just know that whoever they fling it t will have changed lives.

Ah, another angel prayer moment.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:46 am
Out of sheer, morbid curiousity I clicked on this thread and I too didn't make it though it.

So no, it didn't "touch my heart". I think emails and the like containing this stuff is kinda stupid and I rarely, if ever, read through them. There is nothing about it that touches me.

Seeing a single mother be able to give her children a nice christmas because of the kindness of a stranger touches my heart.

A family who has a nice Christmas dinner because those who are better off took it upon themselves to offer up some of their wealth touches my heart.

An email or a post on a forum like this doesn't touch my heart.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:47 am
Copy it and send it to thirty people or you will have bad luck all next year.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:16 am
I admit I didn't read the initial post until after I'd read the responses - the large font put me off. I was so moved by Sturgis' response that I went back and read the original post. I like Sturgis' take much better than yours, lilar3.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:05 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I am amazed at how so many just don't understand. It's not about buying presents and it's not about Jesus being born on a certain day. It's symbolic of His birth. I don't think you will find any Christian that will tell you Christ was definitely born on December 25. It is just to symbolize His birth.

Accurate only from a Christian perspective. The celebration is and always has been - from the murkiest mists of prehistory - about the Winter Solstice, the point in the calendar the days begin to lengthen, bringing the promise of Spring's break of Winter's harsh grip. In just about any of the traditions related to the celebration, certain constant themes and symbolisms are to be found. Naturaly, there is the whole "rebirth" idea - that's the driving focus. The colors red and green are common threads among many of the pertinent myths; they symbolize anticipation of the foliage and fruits of the coming season, silver and gold symbolize hope for prosperity. The recognition of and reverance for the "circle of life" is a common theme, as is reflection on the past and resolution to improve the future. Symbolically pushing back the dark and cold of winter with warmth and light is a given - just about an absolute shared component of all such celebrations. Gifting, feasting, and revelry all represent gratitude for current well-being and hope for the continuation of same, while providing a break from the travails and tribulations of the Winter season. Reunion with freinds and family, reaffirming the bonds of kinship and society, are features of just about all of it ... "Together, we'll get through this". Its all about hope and community - always has been. That the Christian Easter celebration is pegged to the Vernal Equinox is no coincidence either; just one more co-opting of a cultural artifact all but predating culture.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:13 pm
Perhaps I should have stated to Christians it is about the symbolism.

loveislikearose3,

You might want to keep something in mind when posting. Though you and I believe God is superior to man, there are those that do not believe in God at all, so they won't see it that way.

I understood the message of your letter completely. Some will and some won't. Some will twist the meaning from what you and I believe it has to what they believe it is. Just remember they are all well within their right to do so, and all you can do is offer the message. Sometimes the messenger does get shot.

Just be encouraged that there are plenty that believe as you do.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:48 pm
It's is perhaps of minor importance that the bible recounts only two birthday celebrations. In each of these someone lost his head.

Curious, nevertheless.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 01:04 pm
I think that Sturgis is now one of my heroes.
0 Replies