timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:32 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I am beginning to think you just like to argue, Timber.

Pretty much the point of the exersize - else why engage in it? Any number of forums adhering to and exclusively accepting of any one or another point of view are available; this ain't one of 'em. And as argument goes, I prefer valid argument to sophistry, circular reasoning, ans irrelevancy.

Quote:
Ok, try this on for size, ok?

TO ME what is important (treasure) to one man may not be important (junk) to another.

[url=http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1714754#1714754]timber[/url] wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:
What is important to me may not be important to you and vice versa.

Now, that's unarguable.

We appear to have here at the very least a basis for some agreement.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:37 pm
loveislikearose3,

I am sorry that some of the comments made by some posting here caused you upset. I am not sure but I am guessing you are rather young and I believe your heart was in the right place in posting this.

I took it as a sharing of something that was important and dear to you. Obviously, others did not.

I have been told that I needed to get a thicker skin if I were to stay on A2K and I guess in a way I have. I try not to let the negativity get to me too much anymore, but I will admit, I still don't like it and I will call people on it if I find something especially offensive.

So, if it helps, I appreciate what you did and I am glad that you did it. There are others that read these posts that do not respond to them and I am sure there are more out there that also found this very touching.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:44 pm
you calling me out MA? my cell is ELgin 2-4888.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:48 pm
dys,

Nah. Not calling you out. I just think she got her feelings hurt. She seems to be rather young and I kind of felt she was a bit ganged up on. She honestly thought she was doing something nice for everyone. You can't fault her for that.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 05:58 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I just think she {loveislikearose3} got her feelings hurt. She seems to be rather young and I kind of felt she was a bit ganged up on. She honestly thought she was doing something nice for everyone. You can't fault her for that.

Can't fault her for it, can't deny her the opportunity to employ this particular forum for airing her thoughts. Can't fault anyone else for responding to and critiquing those thoughts, either. We got us an open forum here, with all that entails. There is no kid-glove rule here for anyone. You buy your ticket, you take the ride.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:20 pm
I understand what you are saying timber. But you can understand that if she is relatively young how shocked she might have been at some of the remarks?

I am still shocked sometimes at some things I read on these posts. I feel for her. I would imagine she felt pretty attacked.

Words can wound.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:00 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Words can wound.

Only if you let them - people don't hurt us, we allow ourselves to be hurt. Bear in mind what's going on here - on this forum on the internet - is nothing more than electrons and pixels ... a more insubstantial construct hardly may be imagined. Allowing oneself to get all worked up over it is just plain silly. Doesn't stop folks from traveling that path, or even reduce that path's appeal to some folks. Thats just the way it is.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:12 pm
This is where we greatly differ, Timber. I think people can hurt you with words. Most of the time it's not the words that hurt, it's the fact that somone would want to hurt at all. In the case of young children and impressionable teens, I think you have to be aware of the effect you can have on them.

Yes, these are just electrons and pixels in reality, but I don't think loveislikearose3 was thinking that, do you?
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:47 pm
aww no i didnt get my feelings hurt!
I've argued and talked to many unchristians before.. and I have been disagreed with many times..
i've even argued with peopel before..
of course each time I am hurt by it...
but I learn to deal with it..
its life..
i know that not everyone out there understands
many peopel are confused..
lost..
so just as Momma Angel said..
i just try to sow the seed everywhere i could..
everywhere it is possible i tell about Jesus
ive even brought some people to God! unChristians!
and im glad that at least not all my tries are useless... some are actually successful!
but also.. argue with me if you want..
its pretty fun (but sad) reading what you people write..
what strange things you believe in..
how confused you are but obviously you dont see it..
so i'll just hope that some of you actually think a little over what i posted..
and from now on- be prepared for more religious postings! (i didnt post any before but now i will on purpose!)
i want to see your replies, your thoughts, everything..
Very Happy buh bye Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:52 pm
"unchristian" by this I assume you mean everyone not on your personal wavelength, Very thoughtful of you. I'm thinking jesus was also "unchristian" you know, being a jew and all.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:52 pm
Well, everyone, you gotta give her this. She's gutsy.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:53 pm
Atta girl, loveislikearose3, don't be intimidated; one may say just about anything one cares to here, apart from hatespeech, personal invective, or spam. By the same token, however, don't be dismayed to find your viewpoint and/or your manner of expressing that viewpoint challenged; that's what this place is all about.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:56 pm
see?
see? you just confused yourself!! Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:57 pm
lost? confused? don't understand? funny what strange things we believe in?

i find that somewhat arrogant and condescending. while there is nothing wrong with wanting to share a letter that you think is warm and nice (i didn't, i found it kinda vengeful, sort of a blackmail harassment), you have to learn to respect other's believes. or do you believe you have the monopoly for Truth, Wisdom and Spirituality? Nobody does.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:58 pm
gutsy, momma? no, she just strikes me as young.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:58 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
or do you believe you have the monopoly for Truth, Wisdom and Spirituality? Nobody does.

o really?
maybe not the exact trueth..
but as close to it as possible..
thats where i want to be
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:59 pm
as close to it as possible.... lol.

ok, bye.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:04 pm
bye
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:12 pm
I just wanted to throw in my thoughts, because this letter DID actually spur on some interesting comments.

I personally dislike letters of this kind. Very much. I also dislike: religious x-mas cards, missionary zeal at x-mas, and any beliefs being crammed down my throat.

I am not Christian. However, I have to say I have seen some remarkable works done by Christians in a spirit of genuine kindness. One X-mas my family was looking upon a spaghetti dinner w/ no presents at X-mas. All our money had gone to my father's funeral and expenses as my bro was in hospital. Lo and behold - On X-mas morning we found a huge hamper on our doorstep. A huge turkey, all the fixings, presents, chocolate, you name it. They left no name. They claimed no credit. We did not go to that Church. It was a truly kind and wonderful Christmas for us because of the love shown for no reason other than sharing.

So, though I am a 'heathen', I think I know what X-mas is really about. No one is excluded!!!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:34 pm
loveislikearose3 wrote:
bye

Translation, she started a new thread with the identical title, by simply adding one more exclamation point. In that thread, she refers to any dissent as "cruelty"--you buncha big meanies ! ! !
0 Replies