Christian Usergroup: I Want a Real Christian Discussion!

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:31 pm
I was so happy to find this Christian forum. However, it doesn't seem there are too many that are posting. Is there a reason for this? Maybe just not that many signed up?

There are so many things going on in today's world that Christianity can have such an impact on. I would love to discuss some of these things. Things like:

1. How do you handle it when you come across someone that speaks of God in the most debase terms?

2. How do you keep yourself from lash back at them when you feel attacked?

3. Do you just let them get away with this kind of behavior or do you admonish them?

I would love to have some real discussion. Any takers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,630 • Replies: 152
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 04:44 am
First you need to find a real Christian. I've never met any.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 05:47 am
Wilso wrote:
First you need to find a real Christian. I've never met any.

Your usual flip answer. The fact that YOU have not met any Cristians is of little or no consequence to the discussion that is being put forth. Perhaps you hang out in the wrong places. Broaden your horizons and go out and meet some.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:52 am
I thought that to be in the Christian debate room you had to be a member? If I posted this in the wrong place then I need to move it.

I'm not trying to be rude here Wilso, but I thought this was strictly a debate room for Christians. My purpose for posting in the Christian debate room was to get away from the kind of posts you just posted. I mean no disrespect, but if you are not Christian, I wish you wouldn't comment and, if you are Christian, I find your post disappointing.

Hi Intrepid! I am so glad you joined. Did I get the wrong debate room? Did you have to become a member before it let you post?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 11:55 am
I think the deal with the debate room is that it is for debate by all who have access to it. In your first post, you should indicate who you wish to be involved and all others will stay out. See here: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21513
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:23 pm
Thanx Freeduck,

I wonder if I asked if the Moderators could go in and say (Christians Only Please)?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:32 pm
Can you not edit your first post? It used to be that you could but that might have changed.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:34 pm
No, they changed it to whenever someone replies to a post, you can no longer go back and edit yours. I will send the moderators a request to change it. Don't know if they will but I can try.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:35 pm
as far as I remember a2k did away with the members only forums some time ago.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:37 pm
again to the best of my knowledge, the edit function was dissed because some posters, having been challenged, would go back and edit their post to show they had never posted whatever was challanged.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:37 pm
Well, I came across the Christian Debate room and before I could reply too anything posted, it said I had to become a member. I submitted my request for that and received it. So, I obviously made a mistake and posted this in the wrong place.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:41 pm
Ok, I sent a request to the moderators to either move this (if I put it in the wrong area) or tto add something like (Christians Only Please) to the title. I am waiting to hear from them.

I can only ask that others please respect that I am asking for a Christian discussion. I mean no offense to anyone.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:44 pm
offense taken, until and unless the operations of a2k are changed, any forum/post is fair game for any and all.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:47 pm
dyslexia wrote:
offense taken, until and unless the operations of a2k are changed, any forum/post is fair game for any and all.

Then perhaps I should have taken offense at this topic posted by Edgarblythe (link below)? I didn't. I respected the request. I don't think Edgarblythe posted it to be offensive. I think he was just interested in a certain point of view.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62094
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:51 pm
perhaps, just perhaps, ma edgar was making a point re a previous forum titled "No Atheists" (edgar can be a bit sarcastic at times)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:54 pm
dys,

That may be. I don't know what his reasons were for posting it. The fact is, I (and it seems other Christians) respected his request.

If I am asking for a Christian discussion, why do you feel moved to involve yourself? I am asking because I really want to know, dys. That question was not meant to be sarcastic or anything other than me wanting to understand your reasoning.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:56 pm
Dys: Have you read these posts ... The Debate Room opens today ... or Current Usergroups?

At some point in time you became a member of the Liberals usergroup. Had you forgotten?

Is the Debate Room no longer open?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 12:57 pm
I don't feel moved at all ma. I refrain from even reading the vast majority of forums. the only posts I made on this forum of yours was to help with my spattering of knowledge re member only forums and edit functions.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:14 pm
Hi, gang. My atheists only thread was indeed meant in a sarcastic vein. But, then, so was my Spontaneous Poems and Rubin Cantu - Executed.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2005 01:17 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Dys: Have you read these posts ... The Debate Room opens today ... or Current Usergroups?

At some point in time you became a member of the Liberals usergroup. Had you forgotten?

Is the Debate Room no longer open?

Yes I was, and it's still my understanding hat the format of "members only" was discontinued quite some time ago.
0 Replies