Christian Usergroup: I Want a Real Christian Discussion!

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:25 pm
Thanx Lash,

I have promised myself a couple of times to do that and then they say something that sets me off again. I honestly cannot say I don't do anything to bring some of it on. Because I know there have been times I have.

So, I just have to stick to my guns and avoid this person.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:29 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Wilso wrote:
"Paedophiles" is the spelling used in Australia. Sorry if you don't like it, but I didn't come up with it, so that pathetic attempt at a barb didn't work.

Don't bust an artery over it. I didn't say I didn't like it. If that is the way that you spell it in Australia it is fine with me. You really do seem to be on edge. What is the talk of pathetic barbs? I don't have to resort to barbs to carry on a conversation.

Intrepid, it's also the correct way to spell it in Canada.

Thanks for the input, ehbeth. However, the Canadian government spells it pedophile.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:36 pm
Momma,
The key to keeping your cool is to remember that forgiveness is an important ingredient. It is too easy to loose this cool on a public forum. It is for me. Crying or Very sad Just as we receive forgiveness for sins that we have committed, we must forgive those who grate on us. It can be difficult at times. We know that Jesus said to love God with all our heart, soul and mind....and others as ourselves. We must first love ourself before we can love others. I mean truly love ourselves and be happy with ourselves in the knowledge that we are the best we can be.

Having said that, there is one person IRL that I have a real problem with. I avoid them if possible and keep my mouth shut when I cannot. I am working on this and I know how hard it is with one person. I can't imagine those with many obstacles.

A bump in the road slows us down a little bit, but does not bring us to a halt.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:39 pm
tolerance is one of the most condescending words in the english language.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:40 pm
dyslexia wrote:
tolerance is one of the most condescending words in the english language.

...and forgiveness is one of the most cherished
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:40 pm
I'm not in the Christians group, but allow me to respond anyway. I like to think I can get along with most people but every now and again I must work or otherwise interact with someone who just rubs me the wrong way or with whom communication is just nearly impossible due to repeated misunderstandings and just general weirdness. I don't usually react gracefully right off the bat and I usually take things personally at first. However, with time I am often able to see how, even if it seemed personal, it really wasn't. A person's hostility is a measure of their own misery and not of their target's. I have to really focus on letting go of my pride and not reacting. With every insult I remind myself that it's not about me but about that person's unhappiness. By not engaging, they have nothing to feed it and usually they fizzle down to just general grumpiness, which is easier to handle.

When I'm having difficulty not responding negatively or if I can't keep from taking it personally, humor is my last resort. If even that fails, then I'd go Lash's route. Good luck.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:43 pm
I would never debase myself by using humour, I use a 30/30.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:46 pm
tolerance is only the second most condescending word, forgiveness is the worst.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:53 pm
Freeduck,

Thank you. You really gave me something to think about.

dys,

Uh, I do have a .357 Magnum. But, I think I will only think of that as the utmost last resort. Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:09 pm
make that a Winchester model 94
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:10 pm
husker wrote:
make that a Winchester model 94

Mine's loaded and at the front door. The 357 is in the bedroom on the lady Dianes side of the bed.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:13 pm
Ok, I really don't think the guns are a good idea guys! Twisted Evil

I was really hoping for some more tips on how to handle my anger (without shooting someone that is). Laughing
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:13 pm
44 Redhawk here dude
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:14 pm
and I forgot about the 300 mag. the 94 is my sweetheart keepsake now
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:16 pm
I know, I will just throw a big cat at him!http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/laughing1.gif
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:16 pm
Husker, you're overloaded there. Meself, I'm not a gun nut.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:20 pm
it the hunter gatherer part of me, I've had the 94 for a real long time a hand me down and the 300 was for elk hunting, it;s in stainless steel - walnut - sharp looking if I can say that
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:20 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:21 pm
I don't really have that many people IRL with whom I don't get along. But when the situation has arisen -- all the time at A2K -- it is a situation where the other person has acted negatively towards me, and I have reacted off of that in a negative manner. That is my first reaction: to give as good as I'm getting. I think that's a natural human emotional response. If I'm feeling particularly wise, I won't let my emotions get the better of me, and won't rise to the bait. I think FD hit the nail on the head ... pride is the root of the problem. Unfortunately humility is not one of my strong virtues.

Generally, I think I tend to follow Lash's advice, if possible.

---

Thinking about this reminded me of a post I made last Christmas Eve in the "What made you smile today" thread:
    [i]I went to the grocery store today (it's still Christmas Eve here), pushing one of my little Tico's in the shopping cart. We were in the produce aisle and had stopped in front of the carrots while I glanced through my shopping list. All of a sudden I heard a voice behind me impatiently and angrily say, "If some people would hurry up and move!" I pushed my cart forward a bit, and turned around to see a middle-aged gent push his cart forward and start to pick out some carrots. He was evidently in a big hurry, and was in a sour mood. He looked at me as if I had slapped his wife. Mind you, I towered over him and could have easily approached him in the manner Seed did in his confrontation in Wal-Mart. ....and come to think of it, that might have made me smile. I resisted the urge to say what I really wanted to say, however, and instead I leaned over towards him and said, "Merry Christmas, sir." He looked at me for a second, got a strange look on his face, and then very sheepishly he replied, "Merry Christmas to you. I'm sorry for saying that." I smiled back. It made me smile to know that I had maybe injected a little friendliness into this stranger's day, and he was obviously having a bad day. And maybe he would pass some friendliness on to the next person who bumped into him. [/i]
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:25 pm
Oh back on topic - I changed my style just a little having been suspended at least one time for poor behavior. Now I'm just like my avatar or something just like that the innocence of a little kiddie
0 Replies