Christian Usergroup: I Want a Real Christian Discussion!

Intrepid

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:53 pm
Apparently, this thread has been hijacked by pirates
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:55 pm
Yeah, I'm just waiting for the Jolly Roger to be flown.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:20 pm
http://jollyroger.com/jpg/xmasskulla.gif
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:25 pm
http://www.freewebs.com/jacksparrow93/bs10.gif
I love pirates!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:30 pm
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/lennon/897/flag10.gif
Aaaaarg!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:31 pm
Lady Lash,

I loved Johnny Depp in that movie!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:35 pm
Wasn't he gorgeous?!

Loved him in "Chocolat", too.

And, "Blow."

appetizing.

<nods>
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 02:16 pm
This is a Christian Thread? Perhaps I have misjudged. My, as well as Billy Joel's ,motto is that it is better to laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints! Twisted Evil

JM
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 02:19 pm
Hey JM, long time no see!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 02:20 pm
JamesMorrison,

My question exactly. I was really hoping to have a Christian discussion. It went from bad to lighthearted and I was hoping it would go back to being a Christian discussion.

I could sure use one about now!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 03:02 pm
You'll probably have to wait until some Christians show up, Momma Angel
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 03:04 pm
Hi Intrepid,

I'm so glad to see you. I just needed a bit of good conversation where there is a bit more tolerance for one's beliefs. Beginning to think A2K has very few tolerant people on it.
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 03:13 pm
nimh,

Good to hear from you. I guess we have just not cross threads, I just assumed that your other pursuits took up most of your time.

Momma Angel,

Usually I wouldn't intrude into a thread such as this for the very reasons you cite but Lash's siren song was too strong to resist. But to your questions I feel that Christian teachings are the answer to all three of your questions.

1. How do you handle it when you come across someone that speaks of God in the most debase terms?

Consider the source and go on with your life. Responses in this category are quite common in other discussion venues but very uncommon here on A2K. A2Kers, overall, are not only tolerant but are always ready to give free advice which, despite its cost, sometimes is quite valuable if one is willing to listen and perhaps even see things in a different light.

2. How do you keep yourself from lash back at them when you feel attacked?

This is always difficult, but fall back on your Christianity and "Hate the sin but love the sinner". Here on A2K the remedy is simple: just ignore them. We find here that there is some cheek turning involved which is easy on A2K but much more difficult in a face to face encounter. Perhaps situations such as this are merely a test of your Christianity. Asking What Jesus Would Do (WWJD) supplies the right answer but being human allows you the right to feel hurt or angry. Therefore what is important is your response (or lack thereof). Perhaps a Christian's first responsibility towards the feelings and well being of others is like that of a physician: to do no harm.

3. Do you just let them get away with this kind of behavior or do you admonish them?

Judge not lest you be judged. Admonishment implies judgment the next step being handing down punishment. These last two actions are valid parts of our legal process (render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's) but proscribed in the practice of Christianity. However, I see no reason why you can't let the abuser know he has overstepped his bounds and insulted you without resorting to lowering yourself to his/her level by returning those insults.

All this easier said than done.

Respectfully,
JM
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 03:33 pm
JamesMorrison,

Thank you very much for your answer. Yes, so much easier said than done. I don't have a problem with others having their beliefs or opinions.

I do have a problem with them ridiculing anyone for that. I find it to be discriminatory and wrong. I am trying to get a thicker skin.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:44 pm
JM--

You look marvellous! Hope to see more of you...

Momma--

I'm sorry. I have these episodes every other week. Sometimes they last for days. I didn't mean to unChristian your thread. I'll try to be more careful next time I feel naughty.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:45 pm
Lady Lash,

Oh girl, no harm done. We all get off topic every now and then. Go stand in the corner for five minutes and then you won't have to feel naughty anymore. :wink:
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:45 pm
Lash Embarrassed
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 07:50 pm
Embarrassed

<kicks can>
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2005 10:34 pm
Lash,
Re:
You look marvellous!

Ya gotta love it! a Lash imitation of Billy Crystal's rendition of Fernando Lamas!
All this going on in this thread, naughty is the best label we could put on it-- Oh well, w' re all going to hell, but hopefully at a later date! :wink:

JM
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 11:24 pm
JM--

Spread yourself around a bit. You stay gone too long. Crying or Very sad

It seems for some reason (I'm sure it has nothing to do with Momma :wink: ) that we have about ten Christian oriented threads. Exclamation Politics sees to have fizzled, but I think everyone has tired of bickering.

Let's think of something interesting--and not polarizing, if we can--to talk about. You always think of the most interesting topics.

How've you been? Very Happy
0 Replies