Christian Usergroup: I Want a Real Christian Discussion!

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 01:33 am
Intrepid wrote:
Wilso wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Wilso wrote:
First you need to find a real Christian. I've never met any.

Your usual flip answer. The fact that YOU have not met any Cristians is of little or no consequence to the discussion that is being put forth. Perhaps you hang out in the wrong places. Broaden your horizons and go out and meet some.

I prefer to spend time with more mature people-those who have grown out of magic fairytales.

Then please do us a favour and go do that! Thank you.

Unfortunately, you are so dangerous, that it's necessary for you to be watched.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:17 am
Ok, Wilso. You stay in the corner and watch quietly.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:45 am
Wilso,

Can you tell me exactly what is so dangerous about Intepid (I assume you means Christians)?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:41 am
You can live under the shrub and still ask what's so dangerous about Christians?

You can see the vatican protect paedophiles, decry the use of condoms ask what's so dangerous about Christians?

You can see news stories of abortion clinics blown up and ask what's so dangerous about Christians?

When I see posts like that, I wonder exactly what rock you're living under, or is that, what planet you're living on?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 12:53 pm
Wilso,

No need to ask what planet I'm living on. I asked because I wanted your reasons for feeling that way. And I can accept everyone of those reasons and understand your feelings completely.

However, that is NOT what ALL Christians do or even believe. I haven't read on any of these threads one Christian saying they think it's right to bomb abortion clinics. I have not seen one Christian post that they support the protection of paedophiles or decry the use of condoms.

If George Bush is Christian then God will deal with him for his decisions. I cannot and will not judge him or anyone else. My responsibility lies in my decision making when I vote. And before you even ask, no, I did not vote for him. I was sick and couldn't go to the polls.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 01:53 pm
Yeah, Wilso, you really should be watching Intrepid. He knows how to carry on a discussion, and that can be dangerous, indeed.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 02:54 pm
Gee, thanks Roger Smile

Wilso,

I, as a humble Canadian, assume that the shrub is the current President of the United States. We have a Prime Minister and I do not believe... correct me if I am wrong... that he is known as the shrub.

I personally do not condone anyone or anything protecting paedophiles. (your spelling). I do not decry the use of condoms.

I abhor stories of abortion clinics being blown up as I abhor anything being blown up or countries attacking other countries in the name of righteousness.

Most of us do not live under a rock, but rather on top of one. It is the third rock from the sun and is called Earth. I share this space with something like six billion other inhabitants and we all have different thoughts, opinions, religions and colours.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 03:18 pm
Intrepid,

I http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/worshippy.gif to your cleverness.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 06:15 pm
roger wrote:
A gesture of respect from the former Conservatives group leader, Tico. You know, quality over bias.

Yup. I'm on there too. In fact I think I was there before Tico ;-)

And ... I'm not in the liberal group. Alice in Wonderland, y'know.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:06 pm
Yeah, nimh, but you quit writing there when the roundtable went away. There was some good stuff there, huh?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:44 pm
"Paedophiles" is the spelling used in Australia. Sorry if you don't like it, but I didn't come up with it, so that pathetic attempt at a barb didn't work.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:46 pm
Wilso you seem a little abrasive of late, everything ok?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:47 pm
Ok everyone. Let's not get off the topic totally, ok. I really wanted to have a Christian discussion. So far, there have been very few answering my questions posed in the title post.

I really don't want to do any bashing of anyone for anything and don't want to see anyone else do it either.

Please, can't we all just get along? Rolling Eyes (Where have I heard that before?) Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:50 pm
husker wrote:

I'm actually happier and content in my own life right now than I have been in a long time!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 07:51 pm
Wilso wrote:
husker wrote:

I'm actually happier and content in my own life right now than I have been in a long time!

that's cool - happy for you
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 08:17 pm
Must admit that the wait for my exam results is abrading on me somewhat. It's been 3 weeks. How long can it take?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 11:11 pm
Wilso wrote:
"Paedophiles" is the spelling used in Australia. Sorry if you don't like it, but I didn't come up with it, so that pathetic attempt at a barb didn't work.

Don't bust an artery over it. I didn't say I didn't like it. If that is the way that you spell it in Australia it is fine with me. You really do seem to be on edge. What is the talk of pathetic barbs? I don't have to resort to barbs to carry on a conversation.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 12:00 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Wilso wrote:

Don't bust an artery over it. I didn't say I didn't like it. If that is the way that you spell it in Australia it is fine with me. You really do seem to be on edge. What is the talk of pathetic barbs? I don't have to resort to barbs to carry on a conversation.

Intrepid, it's also the correct way to spell it in Canada.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:06 pm
Ok, maybe we can get this thread going again. I really need some help. I got some good advice and I ignored it.

I can pretty much get along with anyone but I am having a particularly hard time getting along with one person. I don't know if it's because of feelings from the past, feelings of today, or just one of those personality conflict things.

I feel very bad when I allow myself to start retaliating against this person. It doesn't matter to me that they do not agree with me. That I truly do not care about. I don't like the way the person speaks to me, but that doesn't give me license to attack them.

Is there one particular person in your life that you just can't seem to keep your cool with? If there is, do you have any tips for me to help me not to lash out at this person? Any advice is welcome.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:20 pm
I avoid people who continually make me feel bad.

It's nice to give it a try--

It's also very healthy for a person to self-evaluate to see if the way they interact may be setting the other person off--but, if repeated attempts bring you down--and you feel you have really checked your own side of the interaction and can find no fault on your side--best to avoid them.

IMO. Life is too short ot give a chunk of it over to someone who wants to hurt you, so say I, anyhoo. You don't have to hate them--or even wish them ill--just avoid them.
0 Replies