neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 12:23 am
@Herald,
neologist wrote:
Noted. Yet I, for one, have no idea what these are. Could you explain?
Herald wrote:
What do you mean by 'these': the understanding of the Church, or my understanding about life and death? ... And what about your understanding on the issue?
This assertion of yours:
Herald wrote:
. . . What I understand of life and death is a little bit different from the general claims of the church. Anyway.
0 Replies

Godisapoormanager

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 12:37 am
A poor manager of the earth!
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 12:48 am
@Godisapoormanager,
Which God are you referring to? The God who created us? Or, the god who currently rules the earth?
Godisapoormanager

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:00 am
@neologist,
That is a good question...One would say that the God who created the earth does not rule the earth at this time, but I would argue that would contradict that the God who created us is actually who currently rules the earth. Why? Think about something. The God who created us casted the God who is suppose to currently rule the earth out of heaven. Yet, there are times throughout the bible that the God who created us has intervened. Example: The flood for 40 days and 40 nights. So, ultimately the God who created us is the ultimate manager and it is BS that there is a God that rules the earth at this time. A good manager of who created the earth would not put a bad manager in charge, unless it is a bad creator of earth and us? Bad management!
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:27 am
@Herald,
Herald wrote:

How did you come to know that 'neologist wrote:' is 'your quote'?

I can read.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 10:17 am
@Godisapoormanager,
Godisapoormanager wrote:
. . . A good manager of who created the earth would not put a bad manager in charge, unless it is a bad creator of earth and us? Bad management!
A good way to learn why Satan has dominion over the earth would be to examine the few words he is reported to have spoken:

In Genesis chapter 3, he accused God of being a liar and not having the best interests of humans at heart. He also insinuated that man would be better off setting their own standards for right and wrong.

In Job 2:4, he included all mankind in his statement that "Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life."

At Matthew 4:9, he offered Jesus control of the entire world in exchange for one act of worship toward him. Jesus did not deny Satan's control; rather he directed attention toward his father.

Satan was not able to turn Job; and he failed to make his case against Jesus. Yet, many still believe man is better off setting their own standards for right and wrong. My dear friend Frank is one of them. You may read his assertions in this thread. I am of the opinion that God has long had more than sufficient evidence to end Satan's rule and relieve mankind. But I am not in control of God's timepiece. Given the large scale extermination of ungodly humans foretold in the book of Revelation, perhaps we can take some comfort in God's patience.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 10:34 am
@neologist,
Since satan will also be in heaven.....
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 11:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Since satan will also be in heaven.....
Not true, Satan will be destroyed, just as death will be destroyed. (Revelation 21:4)
Herald

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 12:42 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
... just as death will be destroyed.

What does that mean?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 12:54 pm
@neologist,
If satan can be destroyed, what is god waiting for?
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:36 pm
@Herald,
I wrote:
Herald wrote:

What does that mean?
Mankind was created to live indefinitely. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, they would still be here.
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If satan can be destroyed, what is god waiting or?
As far as I'm concerned, God can flip the switch anytime. . . .
Well, except for the fact that I know a few people who could become collateral damage. I'd hate to see that.

But there is a time set aside.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:49 pm
@neologist,
No matter what the timing, there will always be "collateral damage." The longer he waits, the more collateral damage there will be - unless he destroys a huge number of humans from "natural disasters" first.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:03 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

I wrote:
Herald wrote:

What does that mean?
Mankind was created to live indefinitely. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, they would still be here.

They did not "sin."

The god tricked them...played a game with them.

So...apparently the god was determined that they not live "indefinitely."
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
They did not "sin."
OK, they disobeyd
spendius

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:08 pm
@neologist,
Actually it was an error neo. A never ending one.
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 06:49 pm
@spendius,
Error of choice, spendy
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 08:06 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
They did not "sin."
OK, they disobeyd

They did, indeed, disobey.

But they had no way of knowing that the god considered that wrong...as opposed to considering "obeying" wrong.

You say you can read...so you can see that.
neologist

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 08:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Yeah. Well. If you say so, But in my world, if you love someone, you honor their wishes. That would be especially true if you had been warned of dire consequences.
Herald

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 08:39 pm
@neologist,
Quote:

This first part is comprehensible, but what does it have to do with Adam and Eve (men and women), let alone their sins (promiscuous sex maybe)?
Are you saying that if the people make some rational calculations and stop making 12th child when they have no funds to riase the 3rd one this will solve the problem with the population overgrowth and will eventually save the human species from extinction? And how exactly is that (with rationality) going to happen?