cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 09:34 pm
@Herald,
All that is nonsense! God created Adam and Eve as sexual animals. All animals "do it." What's the sin?
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 12:38 am
@Herald,
I wrote:
Mankind was created to live indefinitely. If Adam and Eve had not sinned, they would still be here.
Herald wrote:
This first part is comprehensible, but what does it have to do with Adam and Eve (men and women), let alone their sins (promiscuous sex maybe)?
Where on earth did you get that idea? They were told to "Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it," (Genesis 1:28) The sin was disobedience: eating the fruit.
Herald wrote:
Are you saying that if the people make some rational calculations and stop making 12th child when they have no funds to riase the 3rd one this will solve the problem with the population overgrowth and will eventually save the human species from extinction? And how exactly is that (with rationality) going to happen?
Huh?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 04:02 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Yeah. Well. If you say so, But in my world, if you love someone, you honor their wishes. That would be especially true if you had been warned of dire consequences.

Well...according to that book, thanks to Adam and Eve you now have a moral compass upon which to base that. BUT THEY DIDN'T.

That is the point of the story.

You just are too afraid of that god of yours to finally acknowledge that obvious point.

The story is a mess.
spendius

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 05:25 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
God created Adam and Eve as sexual animals. All animals "do it." What's the sin?

Behaving in the manner animals do. Dogging, excreting where you stand, scratching unconcernedly, buzzing around, crawling, loping, sniffing: those kinds of things.

The point the animal kingdom was transcended and left behind to some extent. The first humans. They appeared at the time when the writers lost patience with the genealogy tables. With more dedication they might easily have arrived at 2 million years. Or 4.

Wouldn't it be funny if all the arguments about the age of life on earth were posited on the lack of patience and persistence of the writers of the Holy Bible happily coinciding with a pressing need to set aside Christian sexual morality of a sufficient power to overcome the natural ability to "get the general picture" and be found reading something literally when doing so is a proof of illiteracy.

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 11:19 am
@spendius,
If those are sins that results in misery for humans, god is a ******* IDIOT!
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 11:50 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Well...according to that book, thanks to Adam and Eve you now have a moral compass upon which to base that. BUT THEY DIDN'T.

You just are too afraid of that god of yours to finally acknowledge that obvious point.

The story is a mess.
My moral compass is imperfect because Adam and Eve thought it better to filter moral choices through their perception of good and bad.

You just are too afraid of admitting an obligation to God.

Your circumlocution is a mess.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 11:55 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

The story is a mess.
My moral compass is imperfect because Adam and Eve thought it better to filter moral choices through their perception of good and bad.

They did not know good from evil...good from bad, Neo.

You just will not let that penetrate.

You seem to think that you can mitigate the implications of all that by suggesting it is better not "to filter moral choices through their perception of good and bad. "

Christ, man...how can you not do so?

Stop with the rationalizations. You suppose a god exists to whom you owe some kind of loyalty and obligation.

Fine. Be loyal...and bear the "obligations."

I consider that to be absurd...and I will not do it. I think most of the people in A2K are closer to my way of thinking than yours. And I hope that most people on the planet are headed in that same direction.
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 12:43 pm
@Frank Apisa,
neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I consider that to be absurd...and I will not do it. I think most of the people in A2K are closer to my way of thinking than yours. And I hope that most people on the planet are headed in that same direction.
I can see that you are right about a2k, Frank. Probably the rest of the planet will go along with you.
My hope is that we all get to realize the promise of Genesis 1:28
So, I'll continue.
timur

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:30 pm
Neologist wrote:

What promise?

I thought it was a Cultural mandate
neologist

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:35 pm
@timur,
Neologist wrote:
timur wrote:
What promise?

I thought it was a Cultural mandate
Thought by some. But it also implied that Adam and Eve should continue living to carry it out.
timur

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:41 pm
@neologist,
Your hermeneutic consistency defies rational, as far as I'm concerned.
spendius

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 01:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You guys have to accept the existence of a creator God in order to write the driveling nonsense you do. I explained it above. What else do you want?

It was standard practice at the time for court scribes to concoct a genealogy for kings and pharoahs and suchlike which showed them having descended from the gods. Caesar did it.

Everybody knew it was faked up except you silly sods. They pretended it wasn't faked to avoid being thrown to the lions or into the stone crusher. It was no skin off their noses.

Like Obarmy being the 44th president connects him to the Foolish Fatheads.

Can't you see that if there is a long genealogy it shows there has been a long history of orderly sexual relations. Which defines blue blood and, as such, is an example we should all try to emulate.

Try 6000 years of disorderly sexual relations. Or 2 million. See where that gets you.

Sex was divine you see so the whole shooting match is obviously divinely inspired. And to make the most of it it has to be orderly. (see Electrical Suppliers Wholesale Warehouse which shows what we can do with "dirt").

neologist

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 02:17 pm
@timur,
timur wrote:
Your hermeneutic consistency defies rational, as far as I'm concerned.
Sure. Is my defiance too frightening for you to present your contrary argument?
timur

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 02:26 pm
@neologist,
Frightening? Is there something to fear from a book that is a compilation of horror stories and fairy tales?

But slowly, people will see what it really is, a work intended to control.

Btw, something related: Ancient confession found

Not that I really care..
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 02:29 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

neologist wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I can see that you are right about a2k, Frank. Probably the rest of the planet will go along with you.
So, I'll continue.

I respect your persistence and dedication, Neo.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 02:31 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

You guys have to accept the existence of a creator God in order to write the driveling nonsense you do. I explained it above. What else do you want?

It was standard practice at the time for court scribes to concoct a genealogy for kings and pharoahs and suchlike which showed them having descended from the gods. Caesar did it.

Everybody knew it was faked up except you silly sods. They pretended it wasn't faked to avoid being thrown to the lions or into the stone crusher. It was no skin off their noses.

Like Obarmy being the 44th president connects him to the Foolish Fatheads.

Can't you see that if there is a long genealogy it shows there has been a long history of orderly sexual relations. Which defines blue blood and, as such, is an example we should all try to emulate.

Try 6000 years of disorderly sexual relations. Or 2 million. See where that gets you.

Sex was divine you see so the whole shooting match is obviously divinely inspired. And to make the most of it it has to be orderly. (see Electrical Suppliers Wholesale Warehouse which shows what we can do with "dirt").

Another example of Spendius being purposefully entertaining...although I think "laughable" would be more precise.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 02:43 pm
Timur wrote:
Quote:
a work intended to control

If you mean the bible mate, NAH, true christians don't do "control"..Smile
"Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them, not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; NOT LORDING IT OVER those entrusted to you." (1 Peter 5:2-3)

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 02:44 pm
@timur,
Quote:
But slowly, people will see what it really is, a work intended to control.

What else could it be tim? Have you something against control. Does it make you chaff at the bit? Which of the Ten Commandments do you favour abolishing?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 03:06 pm
Timur...

...tell him "Number 1."
Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 03:12 pm
@timur,
Interesting, although not substantiated . . .
0 Replies