'Israel should dismantle nuclear weapons' US Army War Colleg

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 04:38 am
Moishe wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Moishe wrote:
Accepting that Israel is a "bigoted, ethnocentric state," how is it different from the rest of the "bigoted, ethnocentric states" in the Middle East and beyond.

It was imposed by the West for Westerners.

Oh.
Great.
Would you care to be any more obscure?
"the West" would be? Cowboys? Greece? Brazil? The United States? England? All of them combined? Your theory is that the "Western World," which would include most of the planet, from Australia to the Soviet Union, imposed Israel on the Middle East for Ecuadoreans and Icelanders to live in?

Would you care to be any more obtuse?

Quote:
Is there some particular reason that in your very erroneous theory that you are reluctant to even write that "the West imposed Israel on the Middle East for the Jews to live in?"
So, your first statement is totally incorrect in both fact and intention.
"Westerners" did not impose Israel upon the Middle East for Westerners to live in.

Westerners did impose Israel upon the Middle East for Westerners, specifically Ashkenazim, to live in.

Quote:
The Palestinian Mandate was finally voted upon by a world body called the United Nations, and what was left of the former British Palestinian Mandate was divided up into two sections - one for a Jewish State and one for an Arab State.
Great Britain, which controlled British Palestine, did not not "impose" Israel as a Western State for Westerners. They didn't even "impose" a Western State for Jews.
What Great Britain did do was to impose a blockade to prevent the few hundred thousand remants of European Jewry from emigrating to Israel immediately after these few survivors were liberated from the death camps. Those that did manage to get past the British blockade, which rammed the immigrant ships and turned them back and made them disembark in such places as the former Nazi Germany, what they did do, if these Jews managed to get to British Palestine, was to put them into concentration camps in either old Crusader fortresses or in Cyprus. What Great Britain did do, as it tried to "impose" the Jewish State onto the Middle East was to arrest all the leaders of the Yishuv, the Jewish Agency in British Palestine, most of whom had lived there longer than the British had ruled there, and put them in prison.

The vote to partition Palestine passed at the UN through such tactics as the strong arming of smaller countries. Greece was threatened with cessation of foreign aid if it voted against. It did so anyway. Paraguay, the Philippines, Haiti and others were bullied into changing their votes against.

Quote:
Great Britain, the Western power that owned British Palestine, after turning over the decision of what to do with British Palestine to the newly formed United Nations, refused to implement the agreed upon Partition Plan and withdrew its forces from the Mandate, turning every single fotress and remaining armaments over to the Arabs, who pledged to wipe out the Jews who had been living there, legally, for the last fifty years, under both British and Ottoman rule.
Hell of an "imposition."

Great Britain didn't "own" Palestine. It was granted a mandate by the League of Nations.

Quote:
Your ignorance is astounding.

What is astounding is your arrogance in assuming the level of my knowledge. What is risible is that your astounding arrogance blinds you to your own ignorance in assuming the level of my knowledge.

Judging from your "Great Britain owning Palestine" comment, you are as blind to your own ignorance as you are to your own bigotry. Pathetic.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What would be helpful is to somehow quantify this "bigoted, ethocentricity" in a way that could be understood as a causitive effect.

Maybe you can run a poll as to how many Israelis would support the granting the Right of Return to the Palestinians, or, run a poll as to how many Israelis would support abandoning Israel's directive to maintain a "Jewish character." You can further quantify the responses along ethnic lines.

Ah. Good. Finally a cogent point.
I would suspect that just as many Israelis favor granting the Right of Return to Arabs as do Yemenis; Iranians; Iraqis; Syrians; Lebanese; Libyans; Moroccans; or Algerians do, or... Germans; Poles; Hungarians; and other Eastern Europeans did, favor granting the Right of Return for Jews.
Or, for that matter, any Arab country in the Middle East, with the exception of Jordan, favors giving the "Right of Return" for the Arabs called Palestinians to any Arab country.
Or, for that matter, any Middle Eastern country such as Turkey or Egypt or Sudan favors giving any "Right of Return" for any peoples such as Greeks; Armenians; Kurds; Libyans; or any other tribal African peoples.
I'd say about the same percentage in all cases.
And, to further quantify along ethnic and religious lines, I would say that a considerably higher percentage of Israelis would support abandoning Israel's directive to maintain a "Jewish character," than would any other surrounding Arab States support abandoning their directive to maintain an "Islamic character."
You're just playing here aren't you? You're not really that uninformed, are you?
I suggest you study Saudi Arabia a bit, if you'd like to understand what a bigoted, ethnocentric State is that kills people for violating its "Islamic character."

What you suspect wouldn't qualify as a quantification of anything, Moishe. A quantification of the bigotry among the peoples of Israel wouldn't involve comparing it to the bigotry among the peoples of other countries. That, once again, would be an argumentum ad populum fallacy, and is a red-herring.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Comparative incidents of "bigoted, ethnocentricity" with the surrounding countries, including the Arabs called Palestinians would be useful.

A comparison would be an argumentum ad populum fallacy as well as a red-herring, because while the surrounding countries may be as, or more, bigoted and, or ethnocentric does not negate the fact that Israel is bigoted and ethnocentric, and that its bigotry and ethnocentrism are a European construct, and that it was imposed by Westerners, and that this is the reason that it is the crux of the conflict between the West and the Middle East.

Ummm... No.

Umm, Yes, your bigotry induced, pathologically addled brain notwithstanding.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I wish you would inform Europe of this belief. They don't seem to hold it with the same fervor as you do.
Again. Comparisons. What other states in the region were "imposed externally by Westerners?"
And are they too colonies of the West?
If not, why not?

The states in the region were created by Westerners to further Western interests.

Well, with the exception of Israel, I actually think you are correct. How about that?

This includes Israel.
Quote:
Quote:
The other states are not colonies of the West because their populations were and are, by and large, made up of peoples from the area.

Oh? "The area" means? The Middle East? North Africa? Asia? Could you be a bit more specific?
(After all your "West" apparently includes the entire planet.)

My but you do suffer from reading comprehension don't you, Moishe? Do you remember, or even know, the point I made against which you are arguing?
Quote:
The "areas" surrounding Israel are all different. The two "areas" that have the largest influx of peoples from outside of their immediate "area," besides Israel, are Lebanon and Egypt.

As far as I know the Armenians in Lebanon, whose numbers total all of four percent of the population of Lebanon, haven't clamored, or perpetrated terrorism to created an ethnocentric state out of Lebanon. Egypt is in Africa. I don't know of any groups there clamoring to create ethnocentric states out of Egypt. And how this even comes close to being crucial to the conflict between the Middle East and the West, I have no idea other than this is just another of your attempts to drag a red-herring through the issue.
Quote:
Many of the "areas" surrounding Israel were, at one point, most emphatically "colonies of the West."

The operative phrase here is "at one point." Furthermore, they weren't colonized to create ethnocentric states out of them for the benefit of Westerners, i.e.[read closely now, Moishe] Ashkenazim.

Quote:
Quote:
Israel was created expressly for Westerners, Ashkenazi Westerners

Back to Point A - same falsehood. Repeating it over and over again does not make it true. Of course, it might be difficult for some people to grasp what the heck it is you are writing about anyway as you seem to really have a problem with the word Jewish. But maybe I am ignorant. Tell me about these Westerners, that the West created Israel for. These, Ashkenazis? Help me understand.

I avoid using the term Jewish and Jews because these terms simplistically imply a monolithic entity, "Jews," that just doesn't exist, and in this way it tends to be used for bigoted purposes. If you don't know who the Ashkenazim are, then what the hell are you doing even trying to participate in these threads? Go read a book.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes. We know that's what you think. I still do not understand why you think this. Again, the adjectives do not make a case. They simply say that you hate Israel.

Describing what Israel is is not a statement of hatred. It is a statement of fact. Israel is Western, bigoted and ethnocentric.

Repitition. Try again.

You are beyond trying, Moishe. This is as far as it goes with you. You are a lost cause. I am done responding to your tiresome posts that are little more than red-herrings, logical fallacies, and invective ad hominems. I'm done obliging you and sinking to your level.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 10:49 am
InfraBlue wrote:
Moishe wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
Moishe wrote:
Accepting that Israel is a "bigoted, ethnocentric state," how is it different from the rest of the "bigoted, ethnocentric states" in the Middle East and beyond.

It was imposed by the West for Westerners.

Oh.
Great.
Would you care to be any more obscure?
"the West" would be? Cowboys? Greece? Brazil? The United States? England? All of them combined? Your theory is that the "Western World," which would include most of the planet, from Australia to the Soviet Union, imposed Israel on the Middle East for Ecuadoreans and Icelanders to live in?

Would you care to be any more obtuse?

So, your definition of "the West " does encompass the entire world.
Okay.
You are incorrect and illogical, but it is useful to understand what you believe.

Quote:
Quote:
Is there some particular reason that in your very erroneous theory that you are reluctant to even write that "the West imposed Israel on the Middle East for the Jews to live in?"
So, your first statement is totally incorrect in both fact and intention.
"Westerners" did not impose Israel upon the Middle East for Westerners to live in.

Westerners did impose Israel upon the Middle East for Westerners, specifically Ashkenazim, to live in.

Your predilection towards inventive fantasy is not useful towards your debate. "Western Ashkenazim" do not, and never did, exist. You are very odd.
Quote:

Quote:
The Palestinian Mandate was finally voted upon by a world body called the United Nations, and what was left of the former British Palestinian Mandate was divided up into two sections - one for a Jewish State and one for an Arab State.
Great Britain, which controlled British Palestine, did not not "impose" Israel as a Western State for Westerners. They didn't even "impose" a Western State for Jews.
What Great Britain did do was to impose a blockade to prevent the few hundred thousand remants of European Jewry from emigrating to Israel immediately after these few survivors were liberated from the death camps. Those that did manage to get past the British blockade, which rammed the immigrant ships and turned them back and made them disembark in such places as the former Nazi Germany, what they did do, if these Jews managed to get to British Palestine, was to put them into concentration camps in either old Crusader fortresses or in Cyprus. What Great Britain did do, as it tried to "impose" the Jewish State onto the Middle East was to arrest all the leaders of the Yishuv, the Jewish Agency in British Palestine, most of whom had lived there longer than the British had ruled there, and put them in prison.

The vote to partition Palestine passed at the UN through such tactics as the strong arming of smaller countries. Greece was threatened with cessation of foreign aid if it voted against. It did so anyway. Paraguay, the Philippines, Haiti and others were bullied into changing their votes against.

Which of course, completely begs the point. I don't care if, like the Arabs and Muslims do on every UN vote, your mythical "West" put a gun to the head of each dissenting voter (which they didn't). The world body, called the UN, voted to partition what was left of the British Mandate called Palestine, into two separate states - one Jewish and one Arab. That's the fac' jac'.

Quote:
Quote:
Great Britain, the Western power that owned British Palestine, after turning over the decision of what to do with British Palestine to the newly formed United Nations, refused to implement the agreed upon Partition Plan and withdrew its forces from the Mandate, turning every single fotress and remaining armaments over to the Arabs, who pledged to wipe out the Jews who had been living there, legally, for the last fifty years, under both British and Ottoman rule.
Hell of an "imposition."

Great Britain didn't "own" Palestine. It was granted a mandate by the League of Nations.

Okay.

Quote:
Quote:
Your ignorance is astounding.

What is astounding is your arrogance in assuming the level of my knowledge. What is risible is that your astounding arrogance blinds you to your own ignorance in assuming the level of my knowledge.

Judging from your "Great Britain owning Palestine" comment, you are as blind to your own ignorance as you are to your own bigotry. Pathetic.

In other words, you can't answer the very logical, very cogent, argument that the State of Israel was not created "by the West for Westerners.
Your argument is reduced to your belief that you know something the rest of the world does not. And, you can't be bothered to share this mysterious information.
Rolling Eyes
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What would be helpful is to somehow quantify this "bigoted, ethocentricity" in a way that could be understood as a causitive effect.

Maybe you can run a poll as to how many Israelis would support the granting the Right of Return to the Palestinians, or, run a poll as to how many Israelis would support abandoning Israel's directive to maintain a "Jewish character." You can further quantify the responses along ethnic lines.

Ah. Good. Finally a cogent point.
I would suspect that just as many Israelis favor granting the Right of Return to Arabs as do Yemenis; Iranians; Iraqis; Syrians; Lebanese; Libyans; Moroccans; or Algerians do, or... Germans; Poles; Hungarians; and other Eastern Europeans did, favor granting the Right of Return for Jews.
Or, for that matter, any Arab country in the Middle East, with the exception of Jordan, favors giving the "Right of Return" for the Arabs called Palestinians to any Arab country.
Or, for that matter, any Middle Eastern country such as Turkey or Egypt or Sudan favors giving any "Right of Return" for any peoples such as Greeks; Armenians; Kurds; Libyans; or any other tribal African peoples.
I'd say about the same percentage in all cases.
And, to further quantify along ethnic and religious lines, I would say that a considerably higher percentage of Israelis would support abandoning Israel's directive to maintain a "Jewish character," than would any other surrounding Arab States support abandoning their directive to maintain an "Islamic character."
You're just playing here aren't you? You're not really that uninformed, are you?
I suggest you study Saudi Arabia a bit, if you'd like to understand what a bigoted, ethnocentric State is that kills people for violating its "Islamic character."

What you suspect wouldn't qualify as a quantification of anything, Moishe. A quantification of the bigotry among the peoples of Israel wouldn't involve comparing it to the bigotry among the peoples of other countries. That, once again, would be an argumentum ad populum fallacy, and is a red-herring.

Ahhh... Yes. Certainly. I'll have to ponder your totally irrelevant response to see if I can really discern your "hidden" knowledge that the rest of the world is unaware of...
Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Comparative incidents of "bigoted, ethnocentricity" with the surrounding countries, including the Arabs called Palestinians would be useful.

A comparison would be an argumentum ad populum fallacy as well as a red-herring, because while the surrounding countries may be as, or more, bigoted and, or ethnocentric does not negate the fact that Israel is bigoted and ethnocentric, and that its bigotry and ethnocentrism are a European construct, and that it was imposed by Westerners, and that this is the reason that it is the crux of the conflict between the West and the Middle East.

Ummm... No.

Umm, Yes, your bigotry induced, pathologically addled brain notwithstanding.

Ummm... No. Laughing

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I wish you would inform Europe of this belief. They don't seem to hold it with the same fervor as you do.
Again. Comparisons. What other states in the region were "imposed externally by Westerners?"
And are they too colonies of the West?
If not, why not?

The states in the region were created by Westerners to further Western interests.

Well, with the exception of Israel, I actually think you are correct. How about that?

This includes Israel.
Quote:
Quote:
The other states are not colonies of the West because their populations were and are, by and large, made up of peoples from the area.

Oh? "The area" means? The Middle East? North Africa? Asia? Could you be a bit more specific?
(After all your "West" apparently includes the entire planet.)

My but you do suffer from reading comprehension don't you, Moishe? Do you remember, or even know, the point I made against which you are arguing?
Quote:
The "areas" surrounding Israel are all different. The two "areas" that have the largest influx of peoples from outside of their immediate "area," besides Israel, are Lebanon and Egypt.

As far as I know the Armenians in Lebanon, whose numbers total all of four percent of the population of Lebanon, haven't clamored, or perpetrated terrorism to created an ethnocentric state out of Lebanon. Egypt is in Africa. I don't know of any groups there clamoring to create ethnocentric states out of Egypt. And how this even comes close to being crucial to the conflict between the Middle East and the West, I have no idea other than this is just another of your attempts to drag a red-herring through the issue.
Quote:
Many of the "areas" surrounding Israel were, at one point, most emphatically "colonies of the West."

The operative phrase here is "at one point." Furthermore, they weren't colonized to create ethnocentric states out of them for the benefit of Westerners, i.e.[read closely now, Moishe] Ashkenazim.

Quote:
Quote:
Israel was created expressly for Westerners, Ashkenazi Westerners

Back to Point A - same falsehood. Repeating it over and over again does not make it true. Of course, it might be difficult for some people to grasp what the heck it is you are writing about anyway as you seem to really have a problem with the word Jewish. But maybe I am ignorant. Tell me about these Westerners, that the West created Israel for. These, Ashkenazis? Help me understand.

I avoid using the term Jewish and Jews because these terms simplistically imply a monolithic entity, "Jews," that just doesn't exist, and in this way it tends to be used for bigoted purposes. If you don't know who the Ashkenazim are, then what the hell are you doing even trying to participate in these threads? Go read a book.

Certainly. Maybe you could suggest a source; a book; anything referring to these mythical Ashkenazim?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes. We know that's what you think. I still do not understand why you think this. Again, the adjectives do not make a case. They simply say that you hate Israel.

Describing what Israel is is not a statement of hatred. It is a statement of fact. Israel is Western, bigoted and ethnocentric.

Repitition. Try again.

You are beyond trying, Moishe. This is as far as it goes with you. You are a lost cause. I am done responding to your tiresome posts that are little more than red-herrings, logical fallacies, and invective ad hominems. I'm done obliging you and sinking to your level

Why, thank you. You have been very useful in my understanding of the incredible lengths to which some will go in order to deny simple truth.
Good job.
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 06:15 pm
Thanks Moishe but I think our other fellow poster InfraBlue encapsulates the reality when he reiterates essentially what I've been trying to explain:

Quote:

Describing what Israel is is not a statement of hatred. It is a statement of fact.

You and your fellow religious fanatics CANNOT tell FACT from FICTION, Moishe. It is my hope that your correligionists in Israel will see the writing on the wall before it's too late but I'm not optimistic about it.

Goodbye and fare well Smile
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2006 07:07 pm
Louise_R_Heller wrote:
Thanks Moishe but I think our other fellow poster InfraBlue encapsulates the reality when he reiterates essentially what I've been trying to explain:

Quote:

Describing what Israel is is not a statement of hatred. It is a statement of fact.

You and your fellow religious fanatics CANNOT tell FACT from FICTION, Moishe. It is my hope that your correligionists in Israel will see the writing on the wall before it's too late but I'm not optimistic about it.

Goodbye and fare well Smile

With all due respect...
I attempt to present historical facts in a clear manner.
I use pejorative terms when describing things that I do not like, but I am perfectly willing to explain, in painstaking detail, exactly what I mean by such terms.
Infrablue, and apparently yourself, are not.
The affectation of making up words and ideas to mean whatever you choose them to me does not change reality. It merely means that you choose to ignore reality; ignore history; and ignore what is true.
It is an extremely distorted argument to proclaim your beliefs as FACTS and offer no evidence whatsoever that this is indeed true.
Israel and the Jews have been subject to people's fantasical imaginings for thousands of years. That's the way it goes.
Generally, people understand this after it happens to them.
But, not always.
Fare well. Smile
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 07:36 pm
InfraBlue wrote:
You are right, those links don't reflect what was put on the table at Taba. According to the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs Barak's main three positions were:

1. Israel will never allow the right of Palestinian refugees to return to inside the State of Israel.

Well, they were going to let a few in, to reunite families.

However, the Right of Return is incompatible with a two-state solution.

InfraBlue wrote:
2. Prime Minister Barak will not sign any document which transfers sovereignty over the Temple Mount to the Palestinians.

Actually the dispute boiled down to the archaeological remains of the Jewish temples.

Note:

Under the U.S. plan, the Palestinians would gain sovereignty over the Al Aqsa mosque compound, known as the Noble Sanctuary and the third-holiest shrine in Islam, but Israel would have control of the archaeological sites that lie beneath the surface. The Palestinians are seeking sovereignty over the underground as well, the Palestinian sources said. [URL=http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/12/27/world/main259907.shtml]http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/12/27/world/main259907.shtml[/URL]

I actually turned against Barak for agreeing to that offer. It is incomprehensible to me that the Israelis should let the Palestinians take away their most holy site.

InfraBlue wrote:
3. Israel insists that in any settlement, 80% of the Jewish residents of Judea, Samaria and Gaza will be in settlement blocs under Israeli sovereignty.

That 80% are in large settlements which (except for Ariel) are fairly close to the Green Line.

On that Taba map I posted, all that 80% would be in the blue area.

InfraBlue wrote:
What happened at the end is that Israel was as stubborn in reneging coconcessionsn the major positions of the Palestinians as the Palestinians were in regard to Israel's. Arafat dragged his feet, Barak continued building and expanding settlements, Sharon incited the Palestinians, the second intifada commenced and the peace efforts fell by the wayside.

I don't see the stubbornness.

What was Israel being stubborn about?

I also can't blame Sharon for the Palestinian uprising. He had every right to visit Israel's most holy site to inspect the damage the Palestinians were doing to the Jewish artifacts there.
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:02 pm
Excuse me, what Jewish artifacts are these????
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:29 pm
Louise_R_Heller wrote:

Archaeological remains from the time when the Jewish temples were still standing.
0 Replies

Galilite

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 07:49 pm
Louise_R_Heller wrote:
The ones on the Temple Mount, which is where the Jewish First and Second Temples were built. In a nutshell:
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Mount]Wikipedia[/url] wrote:
Management of the site

A Muslim Waqf has managed the Temple Mount/Haram al-Sharif continuously since the Muslim reconquest of the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Since taking control of the area in the Six-Day War, Israel has not changed this state of affairs. Under this arrangement, Jews are generally permitted to visit the site in small numbers, but are not allowed to pray on the Temple Mount. In fact, an official of the Waqf usually accompanies such Jewish visits (keeping roughly a 5-10 foot distance between himself and the visitors) to ensure that no illegal Jewish prayer takes place [we are talking about the most sacred place for Jews here - Galilite].

... a fatwa issued by the Saudi Sheikh M. S. al-Munajjid, quoted on IslamOnline, 18 March 2001, stating that:
Al-Aqsa Mosque (in Jerusalem) was the first of the two qiblahs (prayer direction), and is one of the three mosques to which people may travel for the purpose of worship. And it was said that it was built by Sulayman (Solomon, peace be upon him), as stated in Sunan an-Nasa’i and classed as authentic by al-Albani.[31]

Since the beginning of Islam, this has been the orthodox position. Starting in the 1990s, however, some people, including the PA-appointed Sheikh Ikrima Sabri, chairperson of the Palestinian Higher Islamic Commission and Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, have denied that the site is connected with Solomon, and that it had any history involving the Jews.
Damage to antiquities

Beginning in 1996, the Muslim Waqf has been constructing a series of works on and under the Temple Mount. The construction has been carried out without any archeological supervision. Material has been removed using bulldozers and other earth moving equipment.

In 1996 the Waqf began construction in the structures known (inaccurately) since Crusader times as Solomon's Stables, and in the Eastern Hulda Gate passageway, allowed the (re)opening of a mosque called the Marwani Musalla (claimed by Israel to be new, by Palestinians to be restored from pre-Crusader times) capable of accommodating 7,000 individuals. Many Israelis regard this as a radical change of the status quo under which the site had been administered since the Six-Day War which should not have been undertaken without consulting the Israeli government; Palestinians regard these objections as irrelevant.
In 1997, the Western Hulda Gate passageway was converted into another mosque.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:54 pm
Galilite wrote:
The ones on the Temple Mount, which is where the Jewish First and Second Temples were built.

I've never been quite sure why the Palestinians weren't kicked off the Temple Mount back in 1967, and the mosques converted into synagogues.

But it is high time they were kicked off now.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:07 pm
Galilite wrote:

I didn't realize they had destroyed artifacts from the first temple.

I think this changes things. My position that existing mosques on the site should be converted into synagogues is hereby revised:

All Islamic structures on the site must be destroyed.
0 Replies

Galilite

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:42 pm
oralloy wrote:
Galilite wrote:
I didn't realize they had destroyed artifacts from the first temple.

I think this changes things. My position that existing mosques on the site should be converted into synagogues is hereby revised:

All Islamic structures on the site must be destroyed.
Well... this is probably what most of the European countries that like so much to teach Israel democracy, would do :-) .

But in a bigoted Jewish state Waqf still administers the site and makes sure the Jews don't pray where they shouldn't.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:35 pm
It's amusing the schizoid contortions the State of Israel puts itself through as it tries to maintain a "Jewish character" for its majority, and a semblance of "democracy" for its "managed minority."
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 01:52 pm
InfraBlue
You keep calling Israel a bigoted state, a state where 1/5 of the citizens are Arabs. Tell what would you call the Palestinian controlled territories, or Saudi Arabia, Iran and other Moslem nations of the Middle East where Jews are forbidden to live. Jews who are descendants of those who have lived there from biblical times
Further, should the two state dream come to fruition . What do you think the possibility of a Jew being able to live in the nation of Palestine?
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 04:49 pm
Thanks for this great classic AU 1929!!!!

As in "Yes your honor I did so rape her and strangle her but what about that other guy who did the same things to another woman and also murdered her underage children????"

Thanks again, I'll remember to quote you on Israeli matters.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 29 Jan, 2006 05:36 pm
Louise_R_Heller
Stop the bull **** and answer the question. The citizens of Israel are Jewish, Christian and Moslem. In spite of that you champion Hamas and the destruction of Israel. Labeling Israel a fascist apartheid state. While never saying word one about the nature of the surrounding nations. In truth like it or not Israel is the only democracy in the middle east with the surrounding nations fitting the label you have in your ignorance or bias hung on Israel
0 Replies

Galilite

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 05:17 am
Louise - I cannot help but notice lack of correlation between your posts and the posts which you, ugh, reply to. I mean, one time it is an accident, two is a coincidence, more is already a trend.

Here you ask how come that banishing Jews is racism, but creating a Jewish state is not racism. Basically, you put equality mark between banishment of one abstract people and creation of one abstract state. Very interesting logic.

In the next post, you assume that "Whatever it takes to assure the ongoing sovereignty of Israel is fair game" means nuking Arab countries. I am trying to see the word "nuke" or even a clue and I can't find it. Following your own reply, "whatever" means peace agreements.

Now on this very page, where I quoted verifiable sources demonstrating that Israel does not exactly oppress freedom of faith (in this particular example), and au1929 asked why you people say Israel is bigoted, you in your reply assumed that it is already proven (if I interpreted this stuff correctly).

I also quite enjoyed being called a religious fanatic (just for the record, not because I feel pressed to apologise - I am a very secular person).

Is it all a discussion technique or you really don't see any difference?
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:35 pm
au1929 wrote:
Louise_R_Heller
Stop the bull **** and answer the question. The citizens of Israel are Jewish, Christian and Moslem. In spite of that you champion Hamas and the destruction of Israel. Labeling Israel a fascist apartheid state. While never saying word one about the nature of the surrounding nations. In truth like it or not Israel is the only democracy in the middle east with the surrounding nations fitting the label you have in your ignorance or bias hung on Israel

SAY WHAT?????????????

You are imagining things, AU1929, I never said anything like what you write.

If you hear voices too you want to consult a medical doctor. Soon!!!
0 Replies

Louise R Heller

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:41 pm
Galilite

My apologies for calling you a "religious fanatic". You are a plain fanatic.
0 Replies

EndersGame

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:58 pm
Yes they should dismantle their nuclear weapons. I can not believe that some of you think that they should not.

For those of you who do not think that they should dismantle PM me.
0 Replies

Galilite

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 08:31 pm
Louise_R_Heller wrote:
Galilite

My apologies for calling you a "religious fanatic". You are a plain fanatic.
Apology accepted.

If your definition of fanatic is a person that supports his point of view with evidence not using capital letters and exclamation marks in every second sentence, e.g. "It's a FACT!" or "SAY WHAT????" - then yes, of course, I am a fanatic. May I also remind you that you apparently have forgotten to diagnose me with a severe case of mental illness.

EndersGame - PM option is not fully accessible... Also, you might want to go back and read the entire discussion, everything connected this or another way to the main subject was discussed - some technical bits were very interesting, including USAF report quoted by Louise_R_Heller.
0 Replies