Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 06:34 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 12,324 • Replies: 215
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 10:11 pm
I think everybody should dismantle nuclear weapons. That includes the US.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:26 pm
true.
0 Replies

Moishe3rd

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:52 pm
"Remember kids, do whatever you want to do with whomever you want to, as long as you don't hurt anybody..."
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:56 pm
So true M3 which is why we need to take the proverbial knife out of the hand of Israeli mad men.
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:23 pm
What nuclear weapons? Do we have any proof that Isreal has these?

JM
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:13 pm
JamesMorrison wrote:
What nuclear weapons? Do we have any proof that Isreal has these?

JM

dude so when did you land........from Mars??

I am gonna treat your post as a sarcastic contribution unless u state otherwise........... Razz
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 09:23 pm
Dudes and Dudettes,

Geographic location aside, my desire for evidence of Israel's possession of Nukes is a valid request. I merely require arguments to support the assumption implied in the original question, that is, that Israel possess Nukes. After all, how is one to ask Israel to dispose of something which may or may not exist? So far, in this thread, all we have seen is an allusion to "weapons-usable fissile material " in Israel's possession. It's possession of nuclear weapons doesn't logically or necessarily follow. Make believe I'm from Missouri.

JM
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 10:01 pm
You're absolutely right, James. There is no incontrovertible evidence which would stand up in a court of law proving beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt that Israel, in fact, possesses nuclear weapons. That's mainly because nobody has insisted that Israel subject itself to the kind of inspections which were mandated for Saddam Hussein's Iraq. For decades now, Israel has been playing the "Maybe we do, maybe we don't; it's us to know, for to you to guess at" game.

Most people have no doubt that Israel has a "nuclear capability." Whether "nuclear capability" and actual "nuclear weapons" are synonimous phrases is for you to decide. I, for one, can find little reason to disbelieve that the nukes are there, in place. It could be a scam, of course, designed to keep its Arab neighbors scared. On the other hand, those pro-Palestinian governments have pretty good intelligence services; if it were a scam, I believe, they'd have caught wise to it by now.

But your point is well taken. One can't destroy what one (says) one doesn't have.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 03:05 pm
i suggest you both read the following book you clearly have not got a clue whats going on in the real world..............

http://pictures.abebooks.com/MASONFINEBOOKS/100843402.jpg
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 03:10 pm
And you, steve, don't read posts very carefully, do you? I never said I don't think that Israel has nukes. And I've read Hersh's book. And I look for his columns in the New Yorker all the time. Take a minute and read what JamesMorrison and I have actually said.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 03:16 pm
am i right in reading that you think the arabs havef 'good intelligence' which crazy website is that from??
these guys wouldnt no if a bird defecated on their heads.
Anyone who has any doubts about israels nuclear capability does real have a clue and i find it amazing you read the aforementioned book and still have quite made up your mind did you not read the parts were he irrefutabley proves how they aquired ther nukes??
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 03:18 pm
heres another very interestng book on the subject by an Israeli Professor

https://www.natvanbooks.com/cat/822.gif
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 03:30 pm
stevewonder wrote:
am i right in reading that you think the arabs havef 'good intelligence' which crazy website is that from??
these guys wouldnt no if a bird defecated on their heads.
Anyone who has any doubts about israels nuclear capability does real have a clue and i find it amazing you read the aforementioned book and still have quite made up your mind did you not read the parts were he irrefutabley proves how they aquired ther nukes??

If you would be kind enough to rewrite that and type it out so that the average person may understand it (spelling, capitalization, sentence structure etc, etc,), I might answer it. I have little patience with adolescent 'text-messaging' tripe.
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 06:30 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
And you, steve, don't read posts very carefully, do you? I never said I don't think that Israel has nukes. And I've read Hersh's book. And I look for his columns in the New Yorker all the time. Take a minute and read what JamesMorrison and I have actually said.

1)The word 'and' is one of the seven coordinating conjunction, that means, it is used within a sentence to join words and phrases together; for example

"John and Peter went to the garden."

"I ran home, but Simon, walked home."

It is one of the basic rules of English grammar, that one must never use 'coordinating conjunction' to begin a sentence.

You have incorrectly used the word 'and' to begin 3 of your 5 sentences.

2) You have also failed to begin a proper noun with a capital letter.

It is Steve not steve.

3) "I never said I don't think that Israel has nukes.."

Here you have failed to place a comma after the introductory clause / phrase of this sentence. It should read:

'I never said, I don't think that Israel has nukes..'

I have little patience with adolescent 'text-messaging' tripe.

Laughing
0 Replies

JamesMorrison

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 07:48 pm
All I asked for was some hard evidence. I have yet to see it in this thread. Perhaps a quote from Mr. Hersh or Said would suffice. I too think there is a high probability that Israel may posses the weapons in question but I, along with every major intelligence service in the world, also "knew" Saddam had WMD, after all, he not only had, but used them against Iran and his own people. Israel's so called possession of nukes is certainly less of a "slam dunk". To assume is to make an "Ass" out of "u" and "me".

Many have called for Israel to be more open to inspections like every one else. Who would that be-- Iran or, perhaps, the U.S.? Remember also the latter two states are NPT (Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty) signatories, Israel is not. So we see those that wish Israel to be more forthcoming than those that said they would, but are less so, about items that may or may not exist.

JM
0 Replies

stevewonder

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 08:24 pm
JamesMorrison wrote:
All I asked for was some hard evidence. I have yet to see it in this thread. Perhaps a quote from Mr. Hersh or Said would suffice. I too think there is a high probability that Israel may posses the weapons in question but I, along with every major intelligence service in the world, also "knew" Saddam had WMD, after all, he not only had, but used them against Iran and his own people. Israel's so called possession of nukes is certainly less of a "slam dunk". To assume is to make an "Ass" out of "u" and "me".

Many have called for Israel to be more open to inspections like every one else. Who would that be-- Iran or, perhaps, the U.S.? Remember also the latter two states are NPT (Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty) signatories, Israel is not. So we see those that wish Israel to be more forthcoming than those that said they would, but are less so, about items that may or may not exist.

JM

I would have thought two whole books one by a US journalist and 2nd by an Israeli Prof would be proof enough???
the author of the second book is Israel Shahak not said
and i suggest you go by the books the 1st of which was orginally published decades ago or do a google search and find the second of the 2 books on lineĀ¬!!!!

and also if you read the orginal artcle of this thread the us military is giving its suggestion based on the fact that Israel does have Nukes
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 12:34 pm
Re: 'Israel should dismantle nuclear weapons' US Army War Co
stevewonder wrote:

LOL!!!!!

I wonder how many milliseconds it took Israel to discard that report.....

stevewonder wrote:
India and Pakistan have already proved their nuclear capabilities,

India can make 200 kt N-bomb: Chidambaram

stevewonder wrote:
"An Iran with advanced nuclear capabilities that put it close to having a bomb would likely be a more assertive Iran. Iran might well want to throw its weight around," co-author Patrick Clawson said during a recent discussion of the study at the Washington Institute.

If Israel and the US spent a few weeks blowing the hell out of Iran, they wouldn't have any advanced nuclear capabilities for awhile.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 12:41 pm
stevewonder wrote:
So true M3 which is why we need to take the proverbial knife out of the hand of Israeli mad men.

If you weaken Israel's ability to defend themselves, you make it necessary for them to take more proactive measures in eliminating threats. That will make it worse for the Arabs, not better.

More to the point, no one is going to take Israel's nukes away from them short of a massive war that would involve them launching those nukes at their attackers.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 12:41 pm
I think Israel should dismantle Iran's nukes, and nuclear capabilities. That's what they should do.

stevewonder wrote:
2) You have also failed to begin a proper noun with a capital letter.

It is Steve not steve.

Laughing

One wonders if you knew that rule at the time you were deciding on your username for this forum.
0 Replies