Will the anti-war crowd denounce this idiot?

mysteryman

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:12 am
blatham wrote:
Sure, so long as the force applied is commensurate with the real threat. In other words, grab him by the collar, hold his arm, turn the pie in his face.

Then, if she says something else of the "they are terrorists!" nature, send in a second wave of pie guys.

How do you know what the real threat is.
Are you going to expect the bodyguards,or the victim themselves,to decide that?

If I see someone coming at me with an object in their hand,intending to throw it at me,I would use whatever was available,including a gun,to protect myself.

The pie thrower would be totally responsible for whatever happened to them.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2005 10:14 am
Fine.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:42 pm
Lash wrote:
"Shovel that bs elsewhere" is not a criticism.

It isn't? Hogwash, it's certainly criticism--criticism via metaphor likening the the opinion being expressed to bovine excrement.

Quote:
Neither was the currently unemployed professor's threat to run a conservative group off campus.

Threat to run the conservative group off campus? He threatened to "expose" their ideology until they were no longer welcome on campus; how does one "expose" an ideology if not by public critique?

Quote:
Nothing wrong with criticism.

I'm glad we're in agreement. Now, if only those whiney conservatives would stop trying to redefine 'criticism' to exclude anything critical of their ideology...

Quote:
There's plenty wrong with personal attacks and threats due to intolerance of someone else's opinion.

I'm glad we're in agreement. Now, if only those whiney conservatives would stop trying to redefine 'personal attacks' and 'threats' to include anything critical of their ideology...

Quote:
That's my opinion.

And an admirable opinion it is however irrelevant and misguided it may be. What the professor said with regard to the young woman and her group has only a small set of plausible interpretations, and none of them include personal attacks, attempts to hinder their freedom of speech, or threats of physical violence or academic repercussions. He attacks her ideology and threatens to make her group so unpopular as to be unwelcome on college campuses; in short, he did nothing more than exercise his own freedom of speech and nothing to hinder hers.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:56 pm
mysteryman wrote:
blatham wrote:
Sure, so long as the force applied is commensurate with the real threat. In other words, grab him by the collar, hold his arm, turn the pie in his face.

Then, if she says something else of the "they are terrorists!" nature, send in a second wave of pie guys.

How do you know what the real threat is.
Are you going to expect the bodyguards,or the victim themselves,to decide that?

If I see someone coming at me with an object in their hand,intending to throw it at me,I would use whatever was available,including a gun,to protect myself.

The pie thrower would be totally responsible for whatever happened to them.

I had a good laugh at this one MM.. Try to sell it to a jury after you shoot someone leaving a bakery.

No reasonable person would accept deadly force against someone armed with a pie. If nothing else you would be locked up for being insane.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 11:55 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Lash wrote:
Mills75 wrote:
Lash wrote:
Mills is just doing what all the lefties do when they can't address an issue.

Like the freak that threatened the conservative student.

Hey, DALY QUIT when he knew he'd been busted. Now, cram that lefty BS.

Which issue would that be? I've addressed every post directed at me (except for Set's question regarding my sig, which MM answered accurately), and a few that weren't.

"Shovel that bs elsewhere" is not a criticism. Neither was the currently unemployed professor's threat to run a conservative group off campus. Nothing wrong with criticism. There's plenty wrong with personal attacks and threats due to intolerance of someone else's opinion.

That's my opinion.

Then you will join with me and denounce the physical attacks on Ann Coulter when she speaks at a college campus.

Or,are you going to say that when she is INVITED to speak,its ok to show your displeasure by rushing the stage,throwing things at her,calling her a female Hitler,trying to drown her out so she cant be heard,etc.

Are these actions acceptable to you?

Getting physical with people because one can't tolerate another's opinions is crazy. And, I would consider it my right to defend myself however I deemed necessary. I don't put my hands on others in anger--and I won't sit around why someone tries to do that to me.

I guess the libs are petrified--to look so loopy, attacking people for their opinions.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 02:39 pm
Quote:
I guess the libs are petrified--to look so loopy, attacking people for their opinions.

Well, it's not bombing abortion clinics or beating the **** out of peaceful anti-war protestors, but I can see how pie-throwing falls into the same category.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 05:51 pm
You wouldn't see sensible people defending any of that.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 08:02 pm
Lash wrote:

What is sensible? Many conservatives think anti-abortion violence is a good start and that unpatriotic agitators deserve whatever they get. Yet they howl at the prospect of being assaulted with baked goods. Is it sensible to throw a pie at someone you disagree with? No. Is it sensible to think that the use of lethal force is justified to protect one's self from pie-wielding radicals? No.

Why are conservatives so frightened? They're the ones with the guns.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 08:04 pm
Show the poll of many conservatives who think anti-abortion violence is a good start.

<shakes head at pitiful desperation>
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 08:53 pm
Mills75 wrote:
Lash wrote:

What is sensible? Many conservatives think anti-abortion violence is a good start and that unpatriotic agitators deserve whatever they get. Yet they howl at the prospect of being assaulted with baked goods. Is it sensible to throw a pie at someone you disagree with? No. Is it sensible to think that the use of lethal force is justified to protect one's self from pie-wielding radicals? No.

So Mills,
Are you saying that if you are attacked,you are going to wait and see what you are being attacked with before you defend yourself?

Also,show me any poll or any conservative,ANYWHERE,that says..."Many conservatives think anti-abortion violence is a good start and that unpatriotic agitators deserve whatever they get."

You cant,because such a poll doesnt exist anywhere.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 08:57 pm
He speaketh large bullshittus.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:53 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Mills75 wrote:
Lash wrote:

So Mills,
Are you saying that if you are attacked,you are going to wait and see what you are being attacked with before you defend yourself?

Also,show me any poll or any conservative,ANYWHERE,that says..."Many conservatives think anti-abortion violence is a good start and that unpatriotic agitators deserve whatever they get."

You cant,because such a poll doesnt exist anywhere.

If someone is coming at me with a pie, I wouldn't think I was being "attacked." Geez.. A pie isn't a gun for god's sake. Only a complete moron would feel they could justify deadly force because of baked goods.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 11:19 pm
Only a complete fool would throw a pie at someone and be surpised at a retaliatory response.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 04:33 am
Lash wrote:
Only a complete fool would throw a pie at someone and be surpised at a retaliatory response.

How about a pie back? Seems perfect to me.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 05:09 am
Re: Will the anti-war crowd denounce this idiot?
mysteryman wrote:

But,this man is allowed to say this crap.

Will anyone on the anti-war side of the country denounce this jerk?

Having one deluded college prof saying stupid things is one thing, i.e. sad but not major-league dangerous. Having the leaders of a rogue political party ( de-moker-rats) saying things like that publically is something else. If republican leaders had ever conducted themselves in 1942 like the rats are conducting themselves now, the republican party would have been outlawed and banned, and its leaders rounded up and executed.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 08:14 am
Re: Will the anti-war crowd denounce this idiot?
gungasnake wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

But,this man is allowed to say this crap.

Will anyone on the anti-war side of the country denounce this jerk?

Having one deluded college prof saying stupid things is one thing, i.e. sad but not major-league dangerous. Having the leaders of a rogue political party ( de-moker-rats) saying things like that publically is something else. If republican leaders had ever conducted themselves in 1942 like the rats are conducting themselves now, the republican party would have been outlawed and banned, and its leaders rounded up and executed.

Quote:
He speaketh large bullshittus.
(hope you don't mind)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:27 am
I've been quoted.

This is quite an unexpected honor.

Thank you, revel.

<waves the royal wave at cheering throng>
0 Replies

revel