Bird flu in Canada more US sabotage

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 09:07 pm
In February 2004, an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) A (H5N2) was detected and reported in a flock of 7,000 chickens in south-central Texas . This was the first outbreak of HPAI in the United States in 20 years.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/outbreaks/us.htm

Whats the matter, is the US worried about poultry sales?

The accusation of BSE in Canada certainly hurt Canadian beef industry.
But it helped the US beef industry, didn't it?

Was that because Canada didn't sign onto Star Wars, or was it a combination of Star Wars/refusal to join in Iraq fiasco/softwoods issues?

The softwoods issue is not going away. Canada is suing the US over the money it is legally owed. So, is this how the US plays their dirty little games? Eh?

Funny, that bird virus has only hit Canadian provinces.........smart virus. Knows not to cross the border, eh?

Canada should ban all imports of poultry, beef and generally anything edible from the States. Your FDA cannot be trusted.

Nice thing about free trade. We can get what we need from another country.

But what will you Yanks do about having to pay at least $2500 more per new house construction because of your stance on softwoods? You're shooting yourselves in the foot. Again.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,079 • Replies: 64
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 09:51 pm
Jeez,
Talk about paranoia.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 09:58 pm
Re: Bird flu in Canada more US sabotage
englishmajor wrote:
Funny, that bird virus has only hit Canadian provinces.........smart virus. Knows not to cross the border, eh?

Funny that you don't have a clue at all. The Avian Flu has hit every country in the world at one time or another. It's been around since at least 1878 when it was first detected in Italy.

Your tinfoil hat must be getting a little thin. Take your meds. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:12 pm
I can almost see englishmajor's day.

7:00 am Wakes up ... grumbles about living another day with Bush in the White House

7:15 am Takes a shower. Complains that America must have used all the energy to heat the hot water.

7:45 am Gets dressed for work. Finds a stain. Complains that Evil Republican Dry Cleaning Conspiracy must be involved.

8:00 am Fixes breakfast. Complains that Bush must have sent in U.S. Rangers to steal all the butter and jam!

8:30 am Drives to work. Realizes that excuse that: "She is late because of all the evil U.S. built internal combustion engined vehicles are in a plot to get her in trouble" might not work this time.

9:05 am Arrives at work and spends first half an hour about how terrible the U.S. has made her day already and how it looks to only get worse.

9:35 am Leads her fellow workers in a rousing chorus of The Internatsional.

9:50 am Gets mad boss made her get back to work. Blames his misunderstanding of the situation as the Republican blinders he is wearing. When boss protests that he is a Libertarian, her only reply is.. "Same difference"

10:00 am Has trouble logging on PC ... blames Bill Gates and the whole American Industrial Complex for finding a way to slow her progress. Thinks the PC would work if only the U.N. ran the Internet.

More on the rest of englishmajor's day as I transcribe the record from Liberal Monitoring Satellite # 7089 located in geostationary orbit over englishmajor's house.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:15 pm
Blame Canada!!
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Cool Twisted Evil
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:20 pm
Yeah! It's killed, what, 68 people worldwide (mostly in Asia) and the US is using more fear mongering- threatening a pandemic outbreak. Typical. Some drug company will make $$ on that one.

So, if every country has had an outbreak how come we don't hear about the US having one? The Canucks have not closed their borders to bird flu from poultry coming from the states. Perhaps we should.

This is not paranoia. Geez. Get a clue! You think America is above despicable acts? The BSE bullshit nearly ruined Alberta (that is a province in Canada) beef industry. Not that you Yanks would care. However, it did a lot of good for TEXAN beef industry, didn't it? Coincidence? I don't think so. Neither do a lot of other people on other message boards.

The rest of the world has you yanks pegged. You're so transparent. Let's see, we had SARS in ONLY Toronto last year, then a brief but strange outbreak of 'monkey pox' in Canada (guess the Yanks thought even that a bit much). What else will you people come up with to try and force us to comply with your wishes? Fish flu?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:23 pm
SARS only in Toronto? How interesting.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:23 pm
What a fruit salad.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:26 pm
Fedral wrote:
I can almost see englishmajor's day.

7:00 am Wakes up ... grumbles about living another day with Bush in the White House

7:15 am Takes a shower. Complains that America must have used all the energy to heat the hot water.

7:45 am Gets dressed for work. Finds a stain. Complains that Evil Republican Dry Cleaning Conspiracy must be involved.

8:00 am Fixes breakfast. Complains that Bush must have sent in U.S. Rangers to steal all the butter and jam!

8:30 am Drives to work. Realizes that excuse that: "She is late because of all the evil U.S. built internal combustion engined vehicles are in a plot to get her in trouble" might not work this time.

9:05 am Arrives at work and spends first half an hour about how terrible the U.S. has made her day already and how it looks to only get worse.

9:35 am Leads her fellow workers in a rousing chorus of The Internatsional.

9:50 am Gets mad boss made her get back to work. Blames his misunderstanding of the situation as the Republican blinders he is wearing. When boss protests that he is a Libertarian, her only reply is.. "Same difference"

10:00 am Has trouble logging on PC ... blames Bill Gates and the whole American Industrial Complex for finding a way to slow her progress. Thinks the PC would work if only the U.N. ran the Internet.

More on the rest of englishmajor's day as I transcribe the record from Liberal Monitoring Satellite # 7089 located in geostationary orbit over englishmajor's house.

Best you can do for a response? Truth hurts, doesn't it? Cool

At least I can get out of the house. :wink:

When do your keepers let you out? Only at night for an hour or so, to post irrational messages? Time for your shot, Feral......come on.....you'll feel SO much better. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:29 pm
I feel really bad now ...

I wrote my original post about englishmajor's day as a joke to to tweak someone I thought was just a rabid (But stable) Bush hater and America basher.

Now that I have tracked back amonge her many posts, I realize that she is truly a raving loon (As in lunatic, not a Canadian coin)

englishmajor, I really suggest you seek professional help to handle this problem.

Until the fine young men in their nice white coats come to take you away, keep repeating to yourself:

"America has done bad things" (This will help you retain your anchor to your current world)

Then repeat:
"Not everything that happens in the world is America or President Bush's fault" (This will help you come to grips with reality when you get better.)
0 Replies

xk8jaguar

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:31 pm
I am new to this forum thing. Who IS this person anyway? They think the US planted the bird flu in Canada? OMG!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:32 pm
Chrissee #6?
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:35 pm
The point being:

If avian flu has been around so long, why are Canadian borders being shut down now? Why weren't US borders closed in the 1950's when it broke out there?

Of course it has nothing to do with punitive actions against Canada. Silly me.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:40 pm
englishmajor, Your talking to sleepwalkers.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:42 pm
I'd chime in that EM is being paranoid, if it weren't for the awful company i'd have to keep to do so (Amigo excepted) . . .
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:47 pm
It's not THE bird flu, it's A bird flu. There are a bunch of bird flu viruses continually circulating, all around the world, almost all of which are mild and non-lethal. Tests seem to show it was one of those innocuous one that was the one in Canada, not the lethal one.

Nah, we may have a lot to answer for, but not this.
0 Replies

englishmajor

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 11:09 pm
Prove it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 11:10 pm
Um. YOU prove it.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 11:22 pm
Made almost 14% on Novavax Inc (NVAX) since 10/18/05

Novavaxis a biopharmaceutical company that researches and develops drug products
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 11:35 pm
englishmajor wrote:
So, if every country has had an outbreak how come we don't hear about the US having one? The Canucks have not closed their borders to bird flu from poultry coming from the states. Perhaps we should.

Newsflash. Birds can fly ! over borders too ! Migratory birds have spread avian flu to birds in every continent. What is (so far) rare is incidences of infection in humans.

Quote:
This is not paranoia. Geez. Get a clue! You think America is above despicable acts? The BSE bullshit nearly ruined Alberta (that is a province in Canada) beef industry. Not that you Yanks would care. However, it did a lot of good for TEXAN beef industry, didn't it? Coincidence? I don't think so. Neither do a lot of other people on other message boards.

Your awareness of the relevant facts is seriously deficient. Soon after Canada exported the first BSE infected cattle to the U.S. our principal customers for beef exports (primarily in Asia) stopped all imports of U.S. (and Canadian) beef. There was no benefit to the U.S. beef market: in fact we were seriously injured by all this. Not a word heard here from Canada about the unfortunate consequences on us (which persist today), but lots of selfish complaining about the injury to Canada from our ban on further imports from them, Why not complain to your export customers in Asia who have cut us off as well?

Canada enjoys a very favorable balance of trade with the U.S., exporting to us far more than it imports. Canada's trade with the rest of the world is the opposite - Canada is a net importer, It is only the American trade that gives Canada a net surplus of exports. Should a trade war develop Canada has very much more to lose thasn the U.S.

The profoundly selfish and infantile expressopns which we often hear from the Canadian press and government are usually dressed up a little better than these rather ignorant posts from englishmajor, but they are no less forgettable. Clearly some Canadians spend much more time thinking about us than we do of them,

[/quote]
0 Replies