DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PURE CHRISTIANITY AND JEHOVAS WITNESSES?

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:38 pm
wasting time?
ok sure....
u waste your time on arguing..
but answering a couple questions i asked.. isnt wasting time...
but hmm ill answer that myself..
if you said "what do you think?" that probably means that "yes" is an answer to every question i guess..
so you must be a very proud person (like we havent already noticed Rolling Eyes )... for thinking that of yourself..
hmm weird...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:41 pm
Your assumptions are bootless--however, as i noted, i doubt that any response on my part will alter your prejudice, and you are welcome to it . . .
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:55 pm
ok.........
Setanta wrote:
Your assumptions are bootless--however, as i noted, i doubt that any response on my part will alter your prejudice, and you are welcome to it . . .

ok just as momma angel did..
i'll stop replying....
it's better for me to stop Confused
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 07:59 pm
Bye
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 08:03 pm
bye Very Happy
<waves>
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:09 pm
loveislikearose3 wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses are.. well...
they dont believe that Jesus is God's son!!
I guess that they just believe he is just a holy man..
just an apostle..
nothing else..

They just beleive in the Jehovah.. in God..
but remeber? Jesus said..
"no one comes to the father except through me" !
Not correct. Witnesses will tell you that Jesus is not only God's son, he is God's only begotten son; and all things were created through him. (Proverbs 8:22,31; Colossians 1:15,16)

But he is not God's equal.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:13 pm
Neo,

Out of curiosity, are there different branches (denominations?) of JW, as there are with say Baptists, Methodists, etc.?
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:15 pm
neologist wrote:

But he is not God's equal.

oh but he is..
thats one different thing
maybe i got it a little wrong..
but most Christians beleive that they ARE equal
because the Bible says "Jesus is God, but God isnt Jesus"
which just shows that Jesus is like God, in other words equal
pratically...
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:19 pm
Yes Rosie. To some Christians (there are some that do not believe in the Trinity concept), we believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Just realize to some that sounds like three Gods.

Even though Neo and I do not believe exactly the same, he has great knowledge of the Bible and I have learned much from him.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:21 pm
neologist.... are you Christian? or..
can you just explain your beliefs to me please?
I'm curious.. wondering what it is that you beleive in that Momma Angel kind of disagrees with...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:30 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Neo,

Out of curiosity, are there different branches (denominations?) of JW, as there are with say Baptists, Methodists, etc.?
No. Everywhere you go in the world, everywhere, the same message is taught. There are no racial or class distinctions.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:35 pm
loveislikearose3 wrote:
neologist.... are you Christian? or..
can you just explain your beliefs to me please?
I'm curious.. wondering what it is that you beleive in that Momma Angel kind of disagrees with...
Without Jesus' sacrifice, we would have no hope.

As for what I believe, I should say I am not qualified to be a spokesperson for the Watchtower Society, though I use their resources heavily. Read a few of my posts. I may punch in both directions; but I know how to take a punch as well.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 09:52 pm
Thanx Neo. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2005 10:20 pm
neo is thick skinned for sure, I have faith that he will survive.
0 Replies

Turtlehead

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 08:23 pm
I was raised a Jehovah's Witness though I was never baptised and I no longer believe in it though some beliefs I still hold.

Firstly they believe in one God and his name is Jehovah and if you pray you must use his name otherwise it won't be heard. It is like calling oi to your friend in a crowd and he doesn't know your there so if you use his name he should turn around and take notice.

Secondly Jesus is Jehovah's son and is the messiah. As far as I can tell Jesus has been around with god since point dot and apparently helped him create the world and everything else. Essentially Jesus was Jehovah's first creation.

Thirdly there are infinate amount of angels. God's henchmen. Satan was Jehovah's trusted angel and was sent to look after Adam and Eve, you know the story. Satan the Devil tricked many angels into following him and they became Demons.

Fourthly all religions that are not Jehovah's Witnesses are consider part of 'Babylon the Great world empire of false religion'.

1914 was the begining of the war of heaven and earth ie. Jesus vs Satan and ultimately Satan will loose. Hence all the evil **** going on in the world because Satan is running out of time and is trying to take as many people as he can.

JWs don't believe in an eternal soul. When you die you die. 'From dust to dust'.

Blood is sacred and should not be eaten. I still hold this belief.

When Jesus was on earth he preached the 'good news' therefore it is a christian's right to do likewise.

They believe in the ten commandments like all christians should.

At the end of the world after Satan is locked up there will be a paradise for all the rightious ones and as far as I believe everyone that has died will be reserected. They all get to live happily for a thousand yours and Satan will be released for quality control as you don't want any infidels in your paradise. Then when he is locked up again everyone gets to live for eternity in paradise.

Only 144,000 people go to heaven.

Thats as much as I know before I go any deeper.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:23 pm
Welcome to the forum, Turtle. This is a fun place to be, for sure. What you say is mostly true according to my understanding. I find it interesting that you refer to angels as Jehovah's henchmen. Don't think their number is infinite, though there are many.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:25 pm
I learned recently that Jehovahs only believe in the 144,000 witnesses are going to Heaven.

Wanda
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:29 pm
Welcome to the forum, Itoo.

The thing I always hated about the idea of heaven was that you have to die first. And when you get there, what do you do?

Sky dive?

Then I found out that Adam and Eve would still be here if they had not sinned.

Who woulda thought?
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:43 pm
Thank you neologist for the warm welcome.

You could probably sky dive if you wanted to. Not sure.

I was told that you will have lots to do, I know this seems hard to believe since you think...man eternity. I think it too. Forever seems like I would get bored, but I guess not. I'll have to wait and see what I can do.

About that sin and the fall, that stupid apple.

Wanda
0 Replies

Prism

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2005 01:00 am
loveislikearose3 wrote:
Jehovah's witnesses are.. well...
they dont believe that Jesus is God's son!!
I guess that they just believe he is just a holy man..
just an apostle..
nothing else..

They just beleive in the Jehovah.. in God..
but remeber? Jesus said..
"no one comes to the father except through me" !

You're hilarious!
Seriously though, before you go stating what they believe/don't believe, maybe you should check so you know what's what. If you really
loveislikearose3 wrote:

oh but he is..
thats one different thing
maybe i got it a little wrong..
but most Christians beleive that they ARE equal
because the Bible says "Jesus is God, but God isnt Jesus"
which just shows that Jesus is like God, in other words equal
pratically...

Uhhhhh....where are you quoting from exactly? And um, "Jesus is like God", sure, he's God's son, (you're created by your parents, you look like them, you pick up their personality, you will be told "you're just like your father" the apple doesn't fall far from the tree so-to-speak)...But maybe you missed thinking about the latter part of your own quote..."God isn't Jesus". How can 2 beings be equal when the terms "like" and "isn't" are used? Though it looks like you caught it, since you said "practically" equal. But...just about equal, just not quite there...= not equal I do still want to know where you were quoting from though if you don't mind looking it up (if necessary).

Only one being in the Bible is referred to as not just mighty, but rather Almighty, and that's God himself (again, Jesus' father).

But anyway, with the whole God/Jesus being one, Trinity debate, what baffles me is this (just using the catholic religion in the following because it's what I found to quote for an example): The Roman Catholic Church states (found in The Catholic Encyclopedia): "The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion."
And yet Pope John Paul II speaks of "the inscrutable mystery of God the Trinity."

...so I guess my final question is, how can something even a Pope doesn't understand, something he calls a mystery, be a central doctrine?
0 Replies