DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PURE CHRISTIANITY AND JEHOVAS WITNESSES?

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 06:59 pm
Setanta,

I did not say that I considered that quote to be a pot shot. I am sorry that I said "lines" instead of line. I did not mean that one might be perceived as a pot shot by some. It was just a question. There was no intent meant.

You sure don't seem to like it when someone even slightly might imply your behavior might be questionable do you?

And believe me, I understand you better than you think I do.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:06 pm
just an aside -
no. of posts 60
no. of views 666

byeeee
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:13 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
It's Revelation. And the Book of Revelation is a book of Prophecy. But, I think you already knew that.

Yes, well I was rushed, but you avoided the question. You consider it about love and peace?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:24 pm
mesquite wrote:
Revelations is love and peace?
The book of Revelation contains a prophetic description of the war between the nations and God. This is the consummation of the prophecy first mentioned in Daniel 2:44. "And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite."

With regard to the kingdom, when the League of Nations was formed, Pope Benedict XV proclaimed it 'the political representation of God's kingdom.' However, the League, now the United Nations, has a different role in the book of Revelation.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:26 pm
lmur wrote:
just an aside -
no. of posts 60
no. of views 666

byeeee
It's different now. . .

Hellooooo
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:28 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Setanta,

I did not say that I considered that quote to be a pot shot. I am sorry that I said "lines" instead of line. I did not mean that one might be perceived as a pot shot by some. It was just a question. There was no intent meant.

Perhaps you ought to be more careful when you post, then. There is such a thing as the "preview" function, which is available even in the quick reply window--i use that option more than the "post a reply" option. You seem to spend a lot of time back-peddling from ill-considered remarks.

Quote:
You sure don't seem to like it when someone even slightly might imply your behavior might be questionable do you?

One might reasonably assume that to be a rhetorical question, but as you devote so many posts addressed to me in explaining that what you've written does not mean what it apparently means, i should not assume as much. Therefore, no, i'm no more fond of that than anyone else, including you--a difference arises between you and i, however, in that i don't indulge in special pleading for my point of view, i don't ever suggest that anything i've posited to be sacrosanct, and above criticism.

Quote:
And believe me, I understand you better than you think I do.

You know nothing about me, and you understand nothing about me. Flatter yourself how you will, if you met me in person without being introduced with reference to my online activities, you'd never guess who i were in a million years. You flatter your comprehension, which, based upon what you post here, i don't consider to be terribly accute.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:35 pm
Setanta,

Yes, I make mistakes. I admit them and go on.

So let's make a deal, ok? I will ignore you and you can ignore me and neither one of us be offended?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:37 pm
No deal . . . if you make statements with which i disagree, i will comment. You can get used to it, or not--that's immaterial to me.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:41 pm
Just no getting along with you is there?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 07:45 pm
If getting along in your definition means you can peddle your superstition without comment from others, definitely not.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 11:57 am
Momma Angel wrote:
Chai Tea,

The New Testament does not talk of going out and killing those against God. The New Testament speaks of love and peace.

That doesn't answer my questions, either of them.

where does it say in the bible that God doesn't do any more condoning or ordering of killings?

how does one get to be one of those people who get to interpret the bible?

A third ?......

Why are someone else's interpretations any better than mine? Maybe I'm the only one interpreting God's word correctly, and everyone else is wrong.
Isn't that basically how new relegions start? I mean, the faith you belong to was started by someone who said that what they were being taught was incorrect.
And PLEASE don't tell me your relegion goes back directly 2000 years.

Setanta really does have a good point MA, you really don't know much about the history of christianity.
That's not a put down to your intelligence, but it really doesn't make much sense to argue a point when the only knowledge you have does not include 99.9% of the subject.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:56 pm
Chai Tea,

If you read the New Testament and it doesn't talk about God the way it did in the Old Testament, that to me, is a pretty good indication that God is doing no condoning like He did in the Old Testament.

I completely understand your questions about the interpretation Chai Tea. There are plenty of them and I can't tell you that mine is 100% correct. I am not speaking of the things that need to be interpreted. I am speaking of the things that need no interpretation. The Beatitudes, for instance. I don't think they need any interpretation. And as far as anyone's interpretation being more right than another's? Well, I can't really answer that Chai Tea. I have seen and learned much from what some's interpretatins are and I have looked at others in disbelief for what they think the interpretation is. To me, if someone's interpretation is edifying the person doing the interpretation, I usually discount it. If they are edifying the Lord, I am more accept to believe that interpretation. It's something we all just have to use discernment with very carefully.

And as far as not knowing the complete history of Christianity? No, I don't. I don't need to know the complete history of it to believe what I believe. I believe in God. I believe in Jesus Christ. The history of Christianity is what man did. I don't need to know what man did. I am more concerned with what God said and did.

Man has twisted and distorted Christianity since its conception. That's all I need to know about that.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:19 pm
You know, I used to give you the benefit of the doubt, but your answers here have blown me away.

You state as facts things that are your personal opinion, yet can't be supported by text.

Your interpretation is edifying yourself, and far whether or not God condones or orders killings today, so I discount it.

I think I'll pay attention to my own interpretations, thank you, rather than yours, because you offer a very shaky basis for yours.

Yes, you DO need to know the history of something to decide if you believe it or not. That is just plain common sense.
If you don't know the history of what you profess to believe, how do you know it wasn't pulled out of someone ass?
Perhaps YOUR beliefs are things that have been twisted by man, but you choose not look beyond your nose, where it's safe.

If your church suddenly up and said everyone had to learn the hx of christianity, you'd be first in line.

I have lost most, if not all my respect for you with this last post.....

you really don't use the brain God gave you, and in my opinion, that is one of the most insulting things to God one can do.

You're full of half truths, guesses, and beliefs that God would laugh at.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:22 pm
I love it when you tell people the truth about yourself and then get slapped in the face for it.

You believe as you believe. I believe as I believe.

Not one time have I said anything derogatory to you about what you think or believe. Thank you for the same respect.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:39 pm
You get slapped in the face for it because because you speak so foolishly.

Figure out your history, be able to support what you believe.

Get some new catch phrases. ANYthing, please.

I think if I ever see the words "I believe what I believe" one more time, I'll scream.

I couldn't care less if you said something degrogatory about me or what I believe, go ahead.

I'd just consider the source.

Respect? Pffffff. You're so busy walking around defending your ignorance with your platitudes, you don't realize how you disrespect others intelligence.

Did you even read what I wrote? Did you take one second to see the truth in it?

Reread again, and again if you have to.....and stop brushing it under the rug.

MA - I can't talk to someone who has no curiosity about why, how, where, when things happened, and why they are. I can't communicate with someone with so many restrictions on their mind.

I'm done, I can't talk to someone like you.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 01:48 pm
Chai Tea,

I read your post. If you don't agree with me then you don't agree with me.

Defending my ignorance with platitudes? I try to get along with people. I see no need to use derogatory language or criticize others because they believe differently than I do.

You say I am so close minded and yet you continually post that I must open my mind? Why is that? Because I don't agree with everything you say? Or what others says? Everyone in the world has differing views and beliefs! So what? It doesn't make you any more right than me or me anymore right than you.

Now, can we just drop this?
0 Replies

lightfoot

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 10:09 pm
I now know what a mind like a steel trap means.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 06:52 am
I cannot but conclude that MOAN has either no concept of debate, or no intention to debate. I rather suspect the latter--she comes here to spread the word as she sees it, and has no intention of admitting to any argument or disagreement.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:01 am
Chai Tea wrote:

I think if I ever see the words "I believe what I believe" one more time, I'll scream.

Ok, I can't resist. I gotta do this. I know it's wrong MA, but I gotta do it anyway. Just to hear the scream.

Here goes........

I believe what I believe.

(Awaits screaming from Chai Tea)
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 11:58 am
Setanta,

I have admitted where I have been in error when shown I was. I had even changed my feelings on some things and am always willing to come to a compromise. What kind of dog is that anyway, pit bull? :wink:

CoastalRat,

It's ok. No offense taken.
0 Replies