The President is plainly plastered

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:03 am
John Edwards
If I had to chose from the two main stream parties, I would support former Senator John Edwards for president. He is the one candidate most in touch with the middle and working classes. He also lives what he preaches. I like his wife, Elizabeth, and think she would make a great First Lady.

http://www.ourfuture.org/docUploads/caf060205edwards.pdf

BBB
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:38 am
I like Edwards but I think he has been too much out of the loop by being out of office.

Mark Warner is looking better and better every day. I still like Wes Clark too. Hillary is pissing me off with her move to the middle and lack of gumption on the war. Biden? If he was the nominee, I would almost think about sitting this one out. Unless McCain ran, I would hold my nose and vote for him. I have NEVER voted for a Republican presidential candidate.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:40 am
Why does Howard Dean receive such little respect? Because he screamed? Big friggin' deal. I like the guy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:43 am
Ok, so I like Kucinich, I would like to see a Kucinich with Ron Paul as vp. that would really shake up the powers that be.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:45 am
Ron Paul is a name I have not heard mentioned in the political circles.

An unknown like that would have as much chance of running for the vice presidency as a transvestite.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:46 am
dyslexia wrote:
Ok, so I like Kucinich, I would like to see a Kucinich with Ron Paul as vp. that would really shake up the powers that be.

dys, you libertarian you! Smile

Kucinich needs to borrow Biden's hair plugs. Americans would never elect a man who wers a wig, unless he does it when no one is looking. Cool
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:46 am
Hey folks - you noticed that what was just another tired, superficial Bush-bashing thread turned into a discussion of future prospects?

Thats exactly the kind of spirit that's been missing since Kerry went down ... people are seeing perspective again. There's hope again?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:49 am
Who do you have in mind, nimh? Anyone in particular?
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:50 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Ron Paul is a name I have not heard mentioned in the political circles.

An unknown like that would have as much chance of running for the vice presidency as a transvestite.

Ron Paul is the darling of libertarians. It is likely that we have already had a transvestite as a VP. Most transvestites keep it private. It didn't stop J. Edgar Hoover from serving as FBI director for so many years.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:52 am
I was just kidding, twin. Isn't there a famous transvestite with a similar name?
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:54 am
Notice that both gustav and I posted a thought concerning transvestism at the same moment. Really weird that that would occur when their was no reference to it in the previous posts, (Except that Kucinich wears a toupé which was not even mentioned.)
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:57 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I was just kidding, twin. Isn't there a famous transvestite with a similar name?

I know you were kidding, I just wondered what the connection was. Of course!

Rupaul.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:01 am
There you go.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:05 am
Ron Paul on the Patriot Act
Quote:
The tired arguments we're hearing today are that same ones we heard in 2001 when the Patriot Act was passed in the emotional aftermath of the September 11th terrorist attacks. If the Patriot Act is constitutional and badly needed, as its proponents swear, why were sunset provisions included at all? If it's unconstitutional and pernicious, why not abolish it immediately? All of this nonsense about sunsets and reauthorizations merely distracts us from the real issue, which is personal liberty. America was not founded on a promise of security, it was founded on a promise of personal liberty to pursue happiness.

One prominent Democratic opined on national television that "most of the 170-page Patriot Act is fine," but that it needs some fine-tuning. He then stated that he opposed the ten-year reauthorization bill on the grounds that Americans should not have their constitutional rights put on hold for a decade. His party's proposal, however, was to reauthorize the Patriot Act for only four years, as though a shorter moratorium on constitutional rights would be acceptable! So much for the opposition party and its claim to stand for civil liberties.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:06 am
Hey, Dys, Bush is on tv right now, talking about Syria. Check it out. It's very amusing.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:07 am
Kucinich on the Patriot Act.
Quote:
It's time for our Party to show some backbone. It's time to stand for the repeal of the PATRIOT Act. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, I spoke against it, I voted against it, and I introduced legislation for its repeal. From traveling across America, it's unmistakably clear to me that there is an almost universal rejection of the PATRIOT Act.

Just 45 days after the September 11, 2001, attacks, President Bush rammed the PATRIOT Act through Congress with virtually no debate. This law poses an unprecedented threat to Americans' individual freedoms and is a violation of our civil liberties. Many provisions of the act had been long sought after by law enforcement and repeatedly rejected by Congress in the past.

Without a warrant or probable cause, the FBI can now search your private medical records or access your library records. Your doctor or local library is forbidden from notifying you when these searches take place. The government may search your home while you are away and in some cases even confiscate your property. Judicial oversight of these measures is virtually nonexistent. These are only a few of the PATRIOT Act's provisions that compromise our civil liberties.

I believe the only way to stop these unconstitutional infringements on basic American freedoms is to revoke the exorbitant powers the PATRIOT Act has granted the government. I voted against the PATRIOT Act. I am working to repeal it.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:25 am
This Ron Paul?

Ron Paul on welfare/poverty

Quote:
Abolish federal welfare; leave it all to states.

Paul adopted the Republican Liberty Caucus Position Statement:

As adopted by the General Membership of the Republican Liberty Caucus at its Biannual Meeting held December 8, 2000. [..]

1. The US Department of Health and Human Services should be abolished, leaving decision making on welfare and related matters at the state, local or personal level. All Americans have the right to keep the fruits of their labor to support themselves, their families and whatever charities they so choose, without interference from the federal government.

2. All able-bodied Americans have the responsibility to support themselves and their families.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:30 am
If it's also this Ron Paul, count me out:

Ron Paul on Environment

Ron Paul on Gun Control
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:31 am
Yeah that's the one, I certainly don't agree with all or even much of his policies (same for kucinich) but I would like to see independent thought alongside integrity for a change. I was an avid supporter of Kucinich and yet I disliked a number of his policies.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 11:33 am
In my post re support of a Kucinich/Ron Paul ticket I noted Ron Paul as a vp candidate, not a presidential one. I am, after all, a liberal!
0 Replies