The President is plainly plastered

Sturgis

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 02:57 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
I have seen some of the most wonderful posts from some here in other threads where they offer encouragement and support to those in need.

Can I ask a question, please? Is this just a way of some venting their frustration and dissatisfaction with things? I am being very sincere in my request for an answer to this question. I realize this is just a forum where we can all pretty much say what we want. It's just hard sometimes when I see such encouraging words in one thread and then such (seemingly) hateful ones in another.

I am in no way judging anyone here. I am just very interested in learning more about what makes people tick.http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/heart.gif
They have a hatred for George Bush and really don't give a rat's ass about his recovery, nor in most cases do they really care about anybody elses recovery or in fact any one other than themselves. Don't believe this M.A.? Search around through various threads and see how the majority of people make their opinions on people's well being according to what the media presents, what will directly benefit themselves, and what is most popular among the mainstream audience. If you took the same set of circumstances and applied them to a past President who was quite popular among a particular grouping, there would be a call for caring and loving and giving the man a chance. There is no proof anywhere that Mr.Bush is drinking, or using drugs and to make such statements is a disgrace and should actually be presented as treason in its own right.

If President Bush is some way chemically impaired it will make itself known and then the Vice President will take over. Of course even that will not please the people who only want to attack and issue hate mongering slanderings.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:13 pm
Sturgis, I dont think that people on this thread have generally said that at all (well maybe kicky but kicky's point will ultimately be "See I told ya"
I think everyone is concerned that they dont want someone whos impaired with his thumb on any buttons that can release thousands of megatons of hellfire.

Usually when something like this starts, itll feed on itself and come to some kind of climax.
I too fear the "line of succession ' being kicked in. Darth Vader is a lot smarter and eviler than George. Georgies just a grits eatin, punkin headed fool.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:14 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
How do you really feel Kicky, my love?

How are things going for you, BTW?

Things are looking up, actually. Got me a decent six-week freelance job and a new roommate who I actually sort of like. I can't complain. Well, actually I can, and I will, no matter what. But until further notice, any complaining I do is strictly recreational, my love.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:16 pm
farmerman wrote:
Sturgis, I dont think that people on this thread have generally said that at all (well maybe kicky but kicky's point will ultimately be "See I told ya"

That's not my point at all. My point is that George Bush is a drunken goat-f*cker. I thought I made that clear in my earlier post.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:18 pm
I say we buy George a bottle of high proof, In Vino Veritas could be a good thing, he might start being truthful.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:26 pm
farmerman wrote:
I think everyone is concerned that they dont want someone whos impaired with his thumb on any buttons that can release thousands of megatons of hellfire.

Usually when something like this starts, itll feed on itself and come to some kind of climax.
I too fear the "line of succession ' being kicked in. Darth Vader is a lot smarter and eviler than George. Georgies just a grits eatin, punkin headed fool.

Although, if, as many seem to think, Darth is already running the show, what difference would it make?

Mebbe Darth would be more accountable out front?

Not that I think they will get rid of George.

And Darth may yet be indicted, who knows.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:27 pm
Well, I stand corrected kickyman. Now what again was it you called him? Did you not tell us that from the start?

Remember Foster Brooks and his drunk imitation? I wish I could find the one speech tjat he made as a successful candidate who was making his victory speech.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 03:36 pm
freedom4free, quoting Doug Thompson wrote:
The Enquirer interviewed Dr. Justin Frank, a Washington D.C. psychiatrist and author of Bush On The Couch: Inside The Mind Of The President.

I've seen this guy quoted elsewhere, and I just want to say that I find it repellant that a seemingly reputable physician would engage in this sort of low comedy. Psychoanalyzing Bush from afar is on the same level as Dr. Frist giving a long-distance physical to Terry Schiavo. Both are thoroughly unreliable and unprofessional. I put very little faith, therefore, in people who assert that they can "tell" that Bush is drinking just on appearances alone, regardless of their own unimpeachably alcoholic bona fides.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:04 pm
Hear hear on both counts.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:07 pm
where where
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:19 pm
That would be here here.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:28 pm
Smile

I like the title of this thread, mainly the aliteration.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 04:54 pm
LOL. I love these posts sometimes. I had to look that word up! Learning, learning!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 05:49 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
freedom4free, quoting Doug Thompson wrote:
The Enquirer interviewed Dr. Justin Frank, a Washington D.C. psychiatrist and author of Bush On The Couch: Inside The Mind Of The President.

I've seen this guy quoted elsewhere, and I just want to say that I find it repellant that a seemingly reputable physician would engage in this sort of low comedy. Psychoanalyzing Bush from afar is on the same level as Dr. Frist giving a long-distance physical to Terry Schiavo. Both are thoroughly unreliable and unprofessional. I put very little faith, therefore, in people who assert that they can "tell" that Bush is drinking just on appearances alone, regardless of their own unimpeachably alcoholic bona fides.

yup, yup

This article ran in a thread a couple months ago. It was crap then and hasn't gotten any better with age.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 05:54 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Phoenix wrote:
Gus- At least I knew what I was getting with Bush, although I think that his compatriots have amassed far too much influence in the country.

If you knew what you were getting with Bush, why the hell did you vote for him?

I didn't know what I would be getting with Kerry. I had no way of telling, and I think that he had no set ideals. He was like a will o' the wisp, and could change like a chameleon.

What is that expression about the devil that you know.................????
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 05:57 pm
blue veinedthrobber wrote:
you knew what you were getting and voted for him anyway? And now we find ourselves where we are?

More's the pity.

You think that MY vote changed the course of the country? Don't try putting me on a guilt trip. My mother does a good enough job of that! Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 05:58 pm
<frustrated groan>

I really think you were conned by the Republican machine with this one, Phoenix. I think Kerry had his weaknesses, for sure, lots of them, but the "change like a chameleon" and "no way of telling" parts are pure Rove and plain untrue.

I think you didn't LIKE him, which is fine, but even during the campaign you were given the "no way of telling" information.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 06:02 pm
kickycan wrote:
My point is that George Bush is a drunken goat-f*cker.

Kicky, if you ever compare George Bush to me again..... I'm comin' lookin for you.

And the wrath of demons shall be brought down on you with a vengeance.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 06:04 pm
At any rate, the silver lining I'd hoped for seems to have come to pass -- whomever was in office 2004-2008 would have some formidable obstacles, and while there is the problem of Bush making things worse all the time, there is some satisfaction in seeing him reap what he sowed/ lie in the bed he made/ choose your cliche and face some consequences. Not just him but the whole party. If Kerry were in office now, I think things would be a whole lot better but still far from perfect, and I think he'd be getting blamed for a whole lot of things that Bush set in motion.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 06:07 pm
soz- I already said that I messed up when I hit the button for Bush. He has turned out to be a terrible, and dangerous leader. OK, am I forgiven by all you guys who were attempting to change my mind?

That's my last mea culpa, and I am saying no more about it!!! Neutral
0 Replies