Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 08:30 pm
fishin' wrote:
Your tinfoil hat is a lilttle loose.

You don't have a friggin' clue

Quote:
Court Upholds Calif. School's Sex Survey

By DAVID KRAVETS
Associated Press Writer

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A federal appeals court Wednesday dismissed a lawsuit by parents who were outraged that a school district had surveyed their elementary school-age children about sex.

The three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the parents' claim that they have the exclusive right to tell their children about sex.

In upholding a lower court ruling against the parents, Circuit Judge Stephen Reinhardt said "no such specific right can be found in the deep roots of the nation's history and tradition or implied in the concept of ordered liberty."

The appeals court noted that other courts have upheld mandatory health classes, a school system's condom distribution program and compulsory sex ed.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 08:45 pm
The one missing the clue is you as usual. Nowhere in your "proof" does it say that anyone bring the suit was a fundamentalist or from the right side of the political spectrum. That supposition is totally within the confines of your own head.

Los Angeles Times- City Edition, Feb. 10, 2002 wrote:

A school counselor from a non-profit organization was fired after she administered a questionnaire to several third and fifth graders in the Palmdale School District. The survey, which was for the counselor's doctoral thesis, included questions about sexual thoughts and suicide.

The survey was reviewed by the director of psychological services, who claims to have instructed the counselor to remove several questions and then resubmit the survey for further review. The district claims that the counselor then administered the survey without final clearance. The counselor claims that she was instructed to remove the questions only for first graders but was given clearance for older students.

A letter of consent for participation in the survey was sent home to parents with approximately 400 students. Only 20 were returned. The letters included the statement: "I understand answering questions may make my child feel uncomfortable." The letters also offered to assist parents in finding a psychologist for their child "if they become too uncomfortable." The letter claimed that the survey was a collaborative effort between the counselor's employer and the university where she is pursuing her doctoral degree. Both organizations denied involvement with the survey, and the university is currently investigating the matter because the counselor failed to get the required approval from its Human Subjects Committee.

The Palmdale School Board is considering stricter rules for future surveys used in the schools.

Now I suppose you are going to tell me that the school board, the Director of the program and the University she attended were all controlled by fundamentalist rightities too??? They didn't fire her for no reason here. Seems there was plenty of outrage within the school district well beyond the 20 parents that signed the consent form and the handful of those that finally sued.

As usual you are full of crap.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 09:03 pm
Who do you think financed the appeal to the Ninth Circuit? Try connecting the dots.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 09:21 pm
Maybe your shrink should lay off the tests? You're seeing dots in everything. Of course maybe that's why the tests started...

You've got nothing.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 09:25 pm
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Who do you think financed the appeal to the Ninth Circuit? Try connecting the dots.

So who did finance the appeal. I don't have a shrink.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 09:34 pm
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:

So who did finance the appeal.

I don't really care. It's irrelevant.

Quote:
I don't have a shrink.

They finally got tired of you and threw you out too, eh??
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 06:47 am
dyslexia wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Take it from Harper, he/she has probably experienced most STD's first hand.

Bizarre and totally out of line. Coming from McG it's expected.

But what TPN has been writing is not out of line? When you and others here decide to censure someone who supports your own ideas, then maybe I'll begin backing you up when you blast someone else for being a bit out of line.

McG, I really don't think we need to stoop to TPN's level of belittling others. I'm quite mature enough to handle insults and also mature enough not to bring myself down to her level of intelligence by firing insults back. Last I checked, this is still a discussion forum. Eventually, enough people will ignore her and she will go away and leave the discussions to real adults who can communicate without acting like children. But thanks for the backup anyway. You and Bella are both appreciated.
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:03 am
9th Circuit Court wrote:
...there is no fundamental right of parents to be the exclusive provider of information regarding sexual matters to their children ... Parents have no due process or privacy right to override the determinations of public schools as to the information to which their children will be exposed while enrolled as students.

I have less problem with the first part of the above quote than the second. I would agree that you probably can't twist the Constitution sufficiently to wring out an "exclusive right" for parents. But the second part seems to infer that schools do have an "exclusive right" to determine what sex information "children will be exposed" to. Doesn't this totally void the ability of parents to "opt out" of certain classes they object to?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:27 am
Appears I'm in agreement with Bella, Coastal and slkshock.

First and third graders are too young for the questions asked. We teach kids about their "privates" and then ask them to tell about what they do with their "privates" on paper at school???

My kids, as you can imagine from Bear, are well informed on sexual matters. However, at first and third grade they did not know about masturbating or more intricate details. And, they didn't need to know at that age.

I realize other parents aren't as open or comfortable with their children, but that in no way gives the school the right to teach whatever they want at whatever age they want, or introduce ideas / images before kids are ready for them.

Shame on the parents that consented to their child participating without knowing what questions would be asked. That was their own fault.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:35 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Bella, when you have something of substance to say, I will respond. Meantime, a valium might help.

Rolling Eyes I think I am going to take CR's advice and hope you go away.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 10:55 am
Right-wing non-critical thinking apologists always want me to go away. Pretty pathetic when you can't defend your views and your only hope is that the person who obliterates your invalid opinions "goes away."
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:04 am
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
Right-wing non-critical thinking apologists always want me to go away. Pretty pathetic when you can't defend your views and your only hope is that the person who obliterates your invalid opinions "goes away."

What?

You don't even have the sense to know "what" I am. I am not right wing for starters. And the reason I want you to go away is that you attack personal lives you know nothing about. You want to debate, do it but leave the personal attacks out of it.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:10 am
If it walks like a duck...

I am wondering why you are so fixated with me.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:19 am
I am not fixated with you. In fact, this is the last time I am going to address you in this thread.

Why are you so fixated with you?
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:24 am
Fixated indeed. You remind me of the people who call talk shows and tell the host how much they hate him or her but they can quote chapter and verse.

As far as your claim that you aren't a right winger (an astute reader will note that I never made that claim BTW) as you have little to say, I have not really paid much attention to you.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:47 am
Bella, I always knew you were really a right-winged facist...

Think about what you are addressing here. It has been on A2K using at least 3, probably 4 aliases and each time, it does nothing but create chaos and trouble.

If you ignore it, it will go away.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:54 am
McGentrix wrote:
Bella, I always knew you were really a right-winged facist...
y.

A facist?

McG. If you have a problem with me, (other than your twisted fixation) take it up with the moderators.

I know there is a fantasy among the men here that I am transsexual woman, which is not true. However, I am astounded that there are so many tranny-chasers on a political forum.

Listen, if you are really in desperate need to hook up with a transsexual, got to tgpersonals. Sorry to disappoint but I don't have the equipment you seek.
0 Replies

twinpeaksnikki2

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 11:55 am
Hit the quote button to edit a typo, never mind.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 12:13 pm
twin_peaks_nikki wrote:
I know there is a fantasy among the men here that I am transsexual woman, which is not true.

What a bizarre thing to say. Who has expressed that fantasy?

You realize, of course, that in a prior incarnation on this site you used to brag about being transgendered. I can't recall whether you were a transgendered man or woman, nor do I care. In any case, you are the one who brought it up.
0 Replies