The real reason for Anti-americanism: Israel.

5PoF

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 12:48 am
Israel is a just nation, and deserved. The Romans gave the name Palestinian to the Israelite jew, in hopes of forcing them to lose their "identity" and thus be better conquered.

Much like the Democrats do today to Americans, in hope they'll conquer this nation. Ironic huh?

And when Jews are faced with literal extermination by all countries except Britain and America, we form their once ancient homeland, once again from the land that was justly theirs.

They only built one of the 7 Great wonders of the world, right there in Jerusalem, and they can not have their own nation their?

The Muslims called "Palestinians" didn't move in to the Israeli region until the earlies, late 1600s.

All the while, jews had always been living there, and were in fact protected there by Christian Crusaders.

Palestine was never "muslim" it did not resurface as a "palestine" state until it was a British protectorate, in which the jews there were still called "palestinians".

When the Palestinians became "Israelis" the muslims there aptly took the name and somehow try to equate it to having some historical link to that land, of which they have none.

It's a shame the "palestinians" don't see they are being used as pawns by the other Muslim states.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 01:28 am
Since the Roman province was called Judaea, I wonder, why the inhabitants should have been called Palestinians.

Most sources of that time I know, call them 'Hebrew' as another name.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 02:33 am
5PoF wrote:
And when Jews are faced with literal extermination by all countries except Britain and America, we form their once ancient homeland, once again from the land that was justly theirs.

Rolling Eyes
I bet you have a master degree in modern history. There was one country, and more accurate one regime that tried to exterminate the Jews, but also homosexuals and gypsies.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 06:19 am
frolic

Quote:
I bet you have a master degree in modern history. There was one country, and more accurate one regime that tried to exterminate the Jews, but also homosexuals and gypsies.

Look again the one regime you talk about Nazi Germany was just the last in a 1000+ years of killings,expulsions,burnings, massacres and genocidal acts against Jews throughout Europe. I would also note that the Nazi's were eagerly abetted by the Poles, Ukrainians, French,Yugoslaves and etc. The seeds of European anti-Semitism are germinating in Europe to this very day.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 07:03 am
au1929 wrote:
The seeds of European anti-Semitism are germinating in Europe to this very day.

This is easily to understand, since our so-called western culture originates in Europe, since most of us don't have Chinese, Japanese or Australian Aborigin background ... ....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 07:11 am
Walter
I understand however, that is in no way a justification. It is almost like excusing it by saying it's always been that way.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 07:15 am
I didn't want to give a justification at all - I completely agree on the European seed.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 May, 2003 11:05 am
There may in fact be an accelerated pace of anti-Semitism, but because there are bigots who hate other individuals (be they Jews, blacks, Hispanics, or whatever) doesn't mean there are legitimate reasons for criticising the state of Israel and its policies.

The Palestinians are at fault for the disgusting state of affairs in the Middle East.

The Arabs and the extreme Islamics are at fault for the disgusting state of affairs in the Middle East.

THE ISRAELIS ARE AT FAULT FOR THE DISGUSTING STATE OF AFFAIRS IN THE MIDDLE EAST ALSO.
0 Replies

5PoF

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 01:26 am
Interesting Hindler, look again, Palestinian a roman word derived simply to change the emphasis of who the jewish people were. Not the land, the land was not named Palestine until by the christians much later. In fact though the Crusades were to the lands of "palestine" not because muslims were there but because this was the name passed on from older Roman records.

And to Frank, I think that while Israelis may be at fault, the government of Israel has been more then tolerant of the attrocities performed by the Palestinians.

This is a government that has to deal with attacks almost daily, and over a dozen killed by palestinians a week.

It's amazing that Israel has not attempted to exterminate all muslims in their borders, who can say if it has been external influences, their religion, or their own experiences with being exterminated, that has prevented them. It's probably a bit of all three.

Frolic, they pretty much sumed it up.

Hitler's Anti-Semitism was justified by Britain's Anti-Semitism, and what was the name of the ship that carried over 2000 jews, that sailed from germany back when they were only deporting jews, to Britain, but they turned them away, to america but they turned them away, and so the ship returned to Germany and only some 20 of those on the ship lasted through the "Final Solution."

And today France's Anti-semetism is desipicable, and Anti-semitism is back on the rise in all of europe, even in Germany.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 01:28 am
Animosity is on the rise in more than just that demographic.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 01:44 am
5PoF

When you look at the origanl sources, you'll notice that the crusaders spoke of "Holy Land" and not of Palestine.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 07:52 pm
The real reason for anti-Americanism: Israel
The United States went to war, starting with Afghanistan, after 9/11. Can you imagine living in a country where if you get on a bus or go to a cafe, there is a real possibility you may be blown to bits. Although I can't agree with everything Israel has done, I can understand that it has stemmed from a genuine fear of annihilation. Please recall almost immediately after the U.N. declared Israel to be a state (and this was the 1st 2-state 'solution', the Arabs descended on it with all weapons available to them.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 12:59 am
Re: The real reason for anti-Americanism: Israel
sweetcomplication wrote:
The United States went to war, starting with Afghanistan, after 9/11. Can you imagine living in a country where if you get on a bus or go to a cafe, there is a real possibility you may be blown to bits. Although I can't agree with everything Israel has done, I can understand that it has stemmed from a genuine fear of annihilation. Please recall almost immediately after the U.N. declared Israel to be a state (and this was the 1st 2-state 'solution', the Arabs descended on it with all weapons available to them.

The source of all evil is the occupation. How would you feel when your land was occupied? The casualties on Palestinian side since Sharon are twice as high as the american casualties killed in 9/11.

Before Sharon things were cooled down. Sharon stirred in the pot and the thing exploded.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 01:05 am
I'm no fan of Sharon but he wasn't responsible for the initiation of the intifada. The Palestinian rejection of the proposals before them is a mistake they recognize and it is due to them overplaying their hand that the Israelis felt like they were slapped in the face and elected a hardliner, Sharon.

Sharon's controversial mosque visit was one of the dumbest political moves of all time and that did cause a stir but the current conflict was not initiated by him. It was the result of the failure of the two sides, they had a chance to reach a deal and they blew it. I fault the Palestinian negotiators greatly in that failure, they spurned a good opportunity through extremely poor politics and negotiation.

Again, I'm no fan of Sharon, he is squandering most peace opportunities he gets but he is not responsible for the uprising, that was the Palestinians overplaying their hand recklessly and hopeully for the last time.
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 01:17 am
The real reason for anti-Americanism: Israel
Frolic, then you'd better leave the United States because we have been occupying Native American land for quite a while.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 05:48 am
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel reimposed a travel ban on the Gaza Strip (news - web sites) on Monday despite its pledge to Secretary of State Colin Powell (news - web sites) for humanitarian gestures toward the Palestinians as part of a new peace plan he is promoting.
After talks with Powell in Jerusalem on Sunday, the Israeli government agreed to free 180 Palestinian detainees and allow 25,000 Palestinian workers to enter Israel, security sources said.
The moves were apparently in response to Powell's request that Israel and the Palestinians start practical, conciliatory steps even before Israel endorses the "road map" peace plan, which aims for an independent Palestinian state in 2005.
But shortly after the Israeli measures were announced, the army reinstated a ban on Palestinian travel in and out of the Gaza Strip, citing security concerns, effectively freezing a decision on Sunday to allow Gaza laborers to travel in and out.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Mon 12 May, 2003 06:12 am
Re: The real reason for anti-Americanism: Israel
sweetcomplication wrote:
Frolic, then you'd better leave the United States because we have been occupying Native American land for quite a while.

Its not because things are, they are right and just.
0 Replies