Man Dies in His Undies

littlek

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:24 pm
<grin>
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 10:34 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I didn't set out to fool people, but, when it took off, I had to embellish and add to it just to see how much I could get away with.

Edgar, we both posted at the same time, and I guess you didn't see my post.

What's the book about?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 05:58 am
The book is about the Civil War and its aftermath. Picture a spoiled rotten girl living on a plantation, with all the eligible men in the county trying to win her affection. But she has eyes only for the one man that rejects her. Enter a man of the same calibre as she, one who makes his money in slightly shady dealings. He sets his sights on winning her over. Meanwhile, the war breaks out and turns into a prolonged affair - Well, it's a long book, but that should give some insight. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 06:11 am
edgarblythe wrote:
The book is about the Civil War and its aftermath. Picture a spoiled rotten girl living on a plantation, with all the eligible men in the county trying to win her affection. But she has eyes only for the one man that rejects her. Enter a man of the same calibre as she, one who makes his money in slightly shady dealings. He sets his sights on winning her over. Meanwhile, the war breaks out and turns into a prolonged affair - Well, it's a long book, but that should give some insight. Thanks for asking.

Sounds like a best seller, edgar! :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 07:00 am
I'm hoping for movie rights.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 08:41 am
edgarblythe wrote:

Sounds familiar Confused
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 09:04 am
I know this is rather deviating from the original topic, but, tell us how you came to become a writer?

Did it start as a hobby?

A possible second income source?

Because you have a book or two in you?

You always wanted to be a writer?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 11:04 am
It sounds like my kind of story edgar, I can't wait to read it Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 12:38 pm
I'm thinking of calling it Gone With the Wind.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 12:42 pm
Reyn
When I was a child I had nothing, literally, except the books I read and the radio. I always felt that I was a writer, but, bad diet and bad experiences kept me from being able to fulfil my calling. Not many years ago I came down with skin cancer from scalp to ankles and my general healt was deteriating badly. I changed my diet before anything else, and suddenly I not only started stories but began finishing them too. Overall, my health is pretty good now.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 01:38 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I'm thinking of calling it Gone With the Wind.

Smile :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 09:36 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Reyn
When I was a child I had nothing, literally, except the books I read and the radio. I always felt that I was a writer, but, bad diet and bad experiences kept me from being able to fulfil my calling. Not many years ago I came down with skin cancer from scalp to ankles and my general healt was deteriating badly. I changed my diet before anything else, and suddenly I not only started stories but began finishing them too. Overall, my health is pretty good now.

My goodness, you've had a rough start in life! I couldn't imagine having skin cancer on that scale. I hope all is under control now.

That's wonderful that you've found your calling as a writer. It's magical being able to create something out of nothing. I admire your ability to stick with it and complete the book. I hope that you will have many more.

Is there a chance for you to make some serious retirement income from your efforts? There's nothing better than enjoying what you're doing, and make something from it, too! :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 09:44 pm
Lightning would have to strike, I'm afraid, although I do plan to make a strong push with my next two that are in the works.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 11:03 pm
Hey, you never know, you might come up with the next "Harry Potter"!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Nov, 2005 06:01 am
I would be content to have at least one that sold well enough that I knew somebody besides me liked it.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 11:22 pm
{{{{{ Edgar }}}}} Best of luck. you already have the talent, now for a wise publisher.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 09:17 am
The founder of the writers group I belonged to until just recently, liked Ebenezer's Ghost well enough, he offered to publish it as one of the group's ventures. That was until he realized the story alone cannot fill a book. I persevered by adding some more stories and poems and decided to publish through Lulu. I had submitted it to a big publisher previously, but that underscored the difficulty for an unknown to work with that theme. They assumed it to be just like dozens of other submissions. I have no illusions here, but it's worth the effort to me to keep it on my blog from now on and promote it in any way I can, including Barnes and Noble's fee to put it on their website. Same with Amazon.com.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 10:02 am
Yes, indeed, I wish you well, too. Just saw your blog for the first time. Very nice, Edgar!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 12:18 pm
I am preparing to recast that blog. Yesterday I deleted much of it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Nov, 2005 03:46 pm
Recast? Isn't that a fishing term? You a fisherman, too? :wink: Laughing
0 Replies