Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 04:20 am
Quote:
A German student "mooned" a group of Hell's Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer, police have said.

The man drove up to a Hell's Angels clubhouse near Munich, wearing only a pair of shorts and carrying a puppy.

He dropped his shorts and threw the dog, escaping on a bulldozer from a nearby building site.

He was arrested later at home by police. The 26-year-old is said to have stopped taking depression medication.

After making his getaway on the bulldozer, he had driven so slowly that a 5km tailback built up behind him on the motorway.

After driving about 1km, he had abandoned the bulldozer in the middle of the motorway, near Allershausen. He continued his journey by hitchhiking.

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hell's Angels is currently unclear," a police spokesman said.

The puppy is now being cared for in an animal shelter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10333211
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,460 • Replies: 17
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 05:32 am
@izzythepush,
Well, I hope the puppy is ok.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2013 10:00 am
@dlowan,
Apparently it's been safely delived to a local animal shelter.
0 Replies

RonPrice

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2013 08:44 pm
@izzythepush,
In Sweden, you can go online and pay to book a nice spot on a bench or in a park, and find out how the other half lives. (But mostly to raise money for the homeless. You don’t have to sleep outside if you don’t want to.)

Want to sleep in a park with homeless residents of Gothenberg, Sweden? That’ll be about $15.50 if you book a spot through the Faktum Hotels website. But since it’s a park, your spot isn’t guaranteed. Someone might have gotten there first. Go to this link for more info: http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681443/book-a-night-at-this-homeless-hotel-to-live-like-people-on-the-street?utm_source=The+SoulPancake+SPoonful&utm_campaign=e4350d9c10-SPoonful_0228132_28_2013&utm_medium=email#1
0 Replies

Antonia80

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 12:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Different people, different issues. I hope the puppy is fine and this man cured...
RonPrice

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2014 03:40 am
@Antonia80,
Yes, what is weird to one is common fodder for another. I'll post a piece below which I'm sure some will find weird, although it's not weird to me in any way.-Ron
----------------------
GOING FEDERAL

Part 1:

In July 1935, as the capstone of its newfound identity, the Federal Bureau of Investigation—the FBI---got its new name. During the more sophisticated war on crime in the early-to-mid ‘30s agents apprehended or killed a number of notorious criminals who carried out kidnappings, robberies, and murders throughout the nation, including: John Dillinger, "Baby Face" Nelson, Kate "Ma" Barker, Alvin "Creepy" Karpis, and George "Machine Gun" Kelly.

J. Edgar Hoover, the first FBI director, used Dillinger and his gang as his campaign platform to launch the FBI. Melvin Purvis led the investigation and killing of John Dillinger. Purvis captured more public enemies than any other agent in FBI history, a record that still stands. Tonight I watched Public Enemies,1 a 2009 American biographical-crime film written and directed by Michael Mann. It was an adaptation of Bryan Burrough's non-fiction book Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933–34.

Part 2:

Hoover was chiefly responsible for creating a scientific crime detection system or laboratory. It officially opened in 1932. It was part of his work, his vision, to professionalize criminal investigations in the national war on crime. As the decade came to a close, the FBI found itself shifting gears again as war was brewing in Europe. Pro-Nazi groups were becoming more and more vocal in the U.S. They claimed fascism was the answer to American woes. The gangsters of the 1930s, it turned out, were just a prelude to the darker days to come.

On 25 August 1953, in response to another wave of organized crime, the FBI created the Top Hoodlum Program. The national office directed field offices to gather information on mobsters in their territories and to report it regularly to Washington for a centralized collection of intelligence on racketeers.2

Part 3:

The transition from a loosely connected movement operating, for the most part, locally and state-wide, to a fully organized national-country-wide one can be said to have ended in 1925. By 1936 the nationally elected body and its national committees, as well as many locally elected groups, were a sufficiently strong force to come together for the prosecution of an international missionary program.3-Ron Price with thanks to (1) Public Enemies, 7TWO TV, 9:30-12:30 a.m. 4 June 2013, (2) Wikipedia, and (3) Loni Bramson-Lerche, “Development of Baha’i Administration”, Studies In Babi and Baha’i History, Vol.1,Moojan Momen, editor, Kalimat Press, 1982, pp.258-275.

One to two per cent went to university that year,1
and most people in the UK ate bread, margarine,
dripping, tea and a little condensed milk if they
were lucky, with tragedy staring many working
class people in the face. Conditions slowly rose
for most…The form and pattern slowly set for a
new World Order as total global war broke-out,
massive turbulence rose over Europe, a sense of
crisis became endemic, as a familiar, reactionary,
pervasive, conservatism gripped people all over
the planet: the roaring twenties gave way to that
mythologized hungry thirties; a silent generation,
an equally mythologized set of millions, gave way
tothe war babies-that is where I came in 23/7/’44,
three days after the attempt on the life of Hitler.2

We went to two billion during that decade3 as a Baha’i
administration served to unify and propagate endlessly
fragrances of mercy wafting, finally, sensibly-insensibly
over all created things as integration and disintegration
came to grip humankind everywhere. Like a tempest it
was—unprecedented in its magnitude, unpredictable in
its scope, & unimaginably glorious in its final—ultimate
consequences---sweeping the face of the earth & oceans.

1 In 1935 Australia's population was less than 7 million. The university participation level was relatively low. Australia had six universities and two university colleges with combined student numbers of about 12,000. In the UK, USA, and Canada, the per cent of students going to university did not exceed 2%.

2On 20 July 1944 an attempt was made to assassinate Adolf Hitler, Führer of the Third Reich, inside his Wolf's Lair field headquarters near Rastenburg, East Prussia.

3 The global population hit two billion in the 1920s, three billion by 1960, and six billion by 2000.

Ron Price
7/6/'13 to 9/1/'14.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 12:13 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Quote:
A German student "mooned" a group of Hell's Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer, police have said.

The man drove up to a Hell's Angels clubhouse near Munich, wearing only a pair of shorts and carrying a puppy.

He dropped his shorts and threw the dog, escaping on a bulldozer from a nearby building site.

He was arrested later at home by police. The 26-year-old is said to have stopped taking depression medication.

After making his getaway on the bulldozer, he had driven so slowly that a 5km

tailback built up behind him on the motorway.

After driving about 1km, he had abandoned the bulldozer in the middle of the motorway, near Allershausen. He continued his journey by hitchhiking.

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hell's Angels is currently unclear," a police spokesman said.

The puppy is now being cared for in an animal shelter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10333211

One sided stories might draw media and public interest, but intelligent people listen to all sides before they reach their own conclusions.
Lordyaswas

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 01:06 pm
@Rickoshay75,
And pray tell, oh intelligent one, why the feck are you taking this so seriously?

You don't do lighthearted chuckles, do you.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 01:48 pm
I just checked the German boulevard press and they said he's in a mental institution now where he belongs.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2015 04:10 pm
@izzythepush,
Decidedly odd in Farmington, NM, but not so much in northern California perhaps.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 01:10 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Seems like he's been going through old threads in a pathetic attempt to appear intelligent. At least he hasn't tried to shoehorn in some irrelevant quotation.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Hang on a second, there are 'Hells Angels' in Germany??? Did I miss something.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:19 pm
@glitterbag,
It's an international movement. There's Hell's Angels in Southampton. They used to drink in a pub I frequented which has since closed down. They're not quite as wild as their American counterparts, and I know of a few who left because they got sick of raising money to fund legal cases in America.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Great, the US exports motorcycle gangs. The groups here in the States are involved in illegal activities, although I haven't heard anything lately that's been a shocker.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 02:59 pm
@izzythepush,
What's weird is that this is from 2010 and yet, it's still reaching Forums and other avenues in 2013, well and now Smile

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:20 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
The BBC website is like that. It has a most read list, which normally are the popular news items of the day, but occasionally something from way back crops up.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:22 pm
@izzythepush,
No, I googled haha. Because Jane stated she was able to establish that he is being treated properly for his condition but all I found was 2010 - 2013 links everywhere.

I imagine "too many" people found it amusing.

Personally, my immediate concern was for the puppy and then I felt sorry for the guy as obviously he's not well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2015 03:22 pm
@glitterbag,
I think the groups over here deal in narcotics, but they tend to keep their heads down a bit more. This is a small island without the wilderness to hide in, and restrictive gun laws. They can't be so in your face and get away with it.
0 Replies