Man Dies in His Undies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:04 am
what color underwear do they have in prison? orange, like the overalls?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 12:52 pm
I suppose I could research that, dagmaraka.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 06:05 pm
I did come up with this much:

RESTRICTIONS: COLORS:
Again, keeping in mind that this is the "general rule": YOU MAY NOT SEND AN INMATE ANYTHING BLACK OR DARK BLUE. Reason? Apparently if they try and escape, it's harder for the officers to see them -THIS INCLUDES UNDERWARE -Why an inmate would just escape in his underwear is beyond me, but then again who knows.

Colors that are restricted are "Gang Colors" -I had to ask what this was, which is apparently BLUE AND RED -However, someone here got clarification on that: If the "Inmate" was/is part of a gang related crime or designated as a "gang member" they are not allowed to wear "gang colors" -if the person you want to send a nice red shirt into is not or has not been in a gang then he/she can have the red/blue shirt. But be sure you check this with the facility first (everyone is different).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2005 08:32 pm
Ethyl Laverne Smith, also known in Virginia as Etta Funt-Germaine, has waved her rights of extradition. She is scheduled to be moved to Roanoke on Tuesday morning, where she faces the capital murder charge of torturing to death a tourist from Ottawa. Her son remains jailed on charges of engaging in sexual acts with the corpse of a missing next door neighbor. Joe Smith, Jr., is not suspected of helping his father in killing the neighbor, pending further information.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:36 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I did come up with this much:

RESTRICTIONS: COLORS:
Again, keeping in mind that this is the "general rule": YOU MAY NOT SEND AN INMATE ANYTHING BLACK OR DARK BLUE. Reason? Apparently if they try and escape, it's harder for the officers to see them -THIS INCLUDES UNDERWARE -Why an inmate would just escape in his underwear is beyond me, but then again who knows....

Does it say anything about visible panty lines? Or are the coveralls too baggy for that to be of concern?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:53 am
I didn't think today's society gave a rat's ass about visibility of underwear. Have to get back on that this evening.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:41 am
the starched stiff clothes they wear wont show a panty line....
not even a stiff one..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:12 am
Whew, thanks, I can now sleep at night knowing this. :-D
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 05:44 pm
Prisoner Transport Crashes

Police say a prisoner transport van crashed into a stalled pick up truck and burned. Seven women were pulled from the wreckage, but another four were burned to death. A woman being returned to Ronoake, Virginia, to face charges in the torture slaying of a man from Canada, was said to have been a passenger. No word on her fate as yet.
The truck driver, a farmer, was not harmed.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:42 pm
This story certainly has taken many twists and turns. Nothing simple here!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:55 pm
Well, what ya gonna do? If it's not one thing, it's something else.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:09 pm
Yikes! I haven't been on a2k for many days. Dys finally said that I had to read this thread.

Edgar, you are a treasure.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:10 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Well, what ya gonna do? If it's not one thing, it's something else.

You find that, too, eh?

It must be something about getting older. :wink:
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:24 pm
Oh, and please put me on the list of people who would love to read your book.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:42 pm
Okay. I won't solicite among my friends, but the ones that ask will be PMed.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:12 pm
Edgar, why do you call me useless?
By the way, a friend of mine died at the age of 98, in her sleep without pain. I wish that fate on all of us.
In addition, she had a very good life, full of love and appreciation. I don't know if she was wearing her undies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:28 pm
98 is a full run of life. If you can't do it in that time you can't ever do it. I know you miss your friend, but I'm sure you are also happy for her.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:13 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Edgar, why do you call me useless?
By the way, a friend of mine died at the age of 98, in her sleep without pain. I wish that fate on all of us.
In addition, she had a very good life, full of love and appreciation. I don't know if she was wearing her undies.

My grandmother had told my mother a few years before, that she when she died, she did not want to go into the next life without her underwear on. She made my mother swear that she would check at the funeral home and make sure that the undertaker had placed them on her. After the funeral, my mother admitted that she had reached down into the casket andÂ…yes, grandma was wearing underwear.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 10:03 pm
Smith Missing

Springfield police are at a loss to explain the disappearance of Ethyl Smith. It was thought earlier today that she died in a fiery crash, in which the prisonor transport van in which she was riding crashed into a pick up truck. Three women prisoners were burned to death, but Smith apparently was able to flee the scene in the confusion that took place. Residents are aked to be on the lookout for the 47 year old murder suspect.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 06:33 am
Musta been the asbestos undies.
0 Replies