Atheists... Your life is pointless

reasoning logic

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 08:04 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you think that every other atheist would personally agree with this definition, or do you think that others may explain it differently?

Is it possible that the above is what you subjectively "think" "atheism" is?

I guess there could be atheists that worship a god but I do not think that you could call them true atheist do you? The only ones that I can think of are the ones doing it for some sort of profit or the Schizophrenias I have shared before who seen god when they did not take their medicine.
reasoning logic

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 08:05 am
bump
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 08:06 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I know it's an ad hom, but that doesn't make it any less acurate.

How about subjective?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 09:11 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Do you really think that someone like spendius who finds it to be stylish to kill in the name of a supernatural being because he thinks it raises us above the other beasts,

Quote:
That is not what I said rl and you damn well know it. I said "we". Not me.

I am glad you cleared up that you are not a part of we. Rolling Eyes

Maybe you should have said something like "Some people" don't like admitting that "they" [not we] kill each other over territory and females. "They" think killing in the name of a supernatural being is much more stylish. It raises "them" above the beasts. And, as a bonus, the supernatural being "they" kill for gets "Them" more territory and females.

Instead of this

Quote:
You really are obtuse FB. It's because we don't like admitting that we kill each other over territory and females. Killing in the name of a supernatural being is much more stylish. It raises us above the beasts. And, as a bonus, the supernatural being we kill for gets us more territory and females.
izzythepush

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 09:17 am
@spendius,
Promise me you'll never take lessons on syntax from RL. It would be a terrible loss.

Btw, I've never had any problems comprehending your posts. Those that do need to read more.
0 Replies

spendius

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 10:51 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Maybe you should have said something like "Some people" don't like admitting that "they" [not we] kill each other over territory and females. "They" think killing in the name of a supernatural being is much more stylish. It raises "them" above the beasts. And, as a bonus, the supernatural being "they" kill for gets "Them" more territory and females.

I would never have said such a stupid, arrogant and precious thing as that rl. I am a member of the "we".

I might have used "some people" had I been referring to abortion or divorce or homosexuality or trying to look cleverer than is justified by the circumstances. Some people refer to sexual selection in the presence of ladies.

But I must admit that your obtuse evasion has enabled you, at least to your own satisfaction, to side-step the point. I assume because you have no answer to it.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 11:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Just as soon as you answer my question.

Very interesting, but I see nothing in there that shows with absolute certainty that the supposed conversations with GOD are NOT delusions.

It doesn't work that way Frank...that is what I believe...

So you are saying you disagree that I have shown with absolute certainty that the supposed conversations with GOD are NOT delusions...or are you unsure?...Please explain why you feel this way

(I oblige to answer a question you said I had not, please answer mine)
Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 11:07 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5296635)
Quote:
Quote:
Just as soon as you answer my question.

Very interesting, but I see nothing in there that shows with absolute certainty that the supposed conversations with GOD are NOT delusions.

It doesn't work that way Frank...that is what I believe...

I am not interested in what you guess (or "believe" if you must).

I asked what you discovered during your considerations of your supposed conversations with GOD that showed with absolute certainty that they were not delusions.

When you answer THAT question…we can move on to your next question.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 11:11 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I guess there could be atheists that worship a god but I do not think that you could call them true atheist do you?

What do you think they are? (I am asking you because I would like to know how you feel)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 11:14 am
@Frank Apisa,
And when you can personally explain to me how you think it is subjectively not "absolute certainty" in your own explanations (since you have asked me)...then I will know if you agree, disagree, or unsure and we can move on...
Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 11:34 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Answer my question...or acknowledge that you are ducking it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 11:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
I already have and I will not, because I am not...

I can not give you a honest explanation as to why and how we may see things differently, if you are not willing to honestly explain to me why and how you think this may be...

Give me your definition of "absolute certainty" and I will give you mine...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 12:26 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I will propose another question to you, if you do not want to answer my last one...Which is essential the say thing...you can answer either one...

Quote:
I am not interested in what you guess (or "believe" if you must).

Why do you subjectively think that my belief is a guess, and why do you think that what I believe is not what I know?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 01:06 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
What do you think they are? (I am asking you because I would like to know how you feel)

Well if there are atheist that pretend to truly worship a God in words but not in heart so that they can profit themselves by manipulating the minds of the church members then I would say that they are atheist on a quest.

Would you call them theist? I guess this could be how some theist operate.

The atheist schizophrenics that I shared who believed in god or thought that they were God at times when they did not take their medicine "had what I would call theistic psychosis.
Frank Apisa

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 01:22 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
We went through this with the first question.

You have not answered my question.

Please do so...or acknowledge that you are ducking it just as you were ducking the first one for several pages.

Of course, it is completely okay with me if you change your answer to the question before this one from "YES"(you did discover something to indicate that shows with absolute certainty that the supposed conversations with GOD ARE NOT delusional) "NO."

But if you are going to insist that you did discover such evidence...my question stands until you answer it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 01:23 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Well if there are atheist that pretend to truly worship a God in words but not in heart so that they can profit themselves by manipulating the minds of the church members then I would say that they are atheist on a quest.

Do you think that it is possible that the God atheists are worshipping is what Christian call "the Devil? And atheists believe that the God that Christians worship is "The Devil"?

If you agree that this is possible...Is it also possible that "atheists on a quest" destroy the notion that the God that atheists actually worship = "loving devil" is not God or incorrect? And does it not also show that the Christian God is actually God by the fact that "theists on a quest" "prove" that they are also worshipping "the Devil" and not the Christian God? IE "killing in the name of "God"
spendius

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 01:27 pm
@FBM,
But gravity FB has nothing to say to us. God's spies do. If God's spies have nothing to say to you it is of no consequence. Your complete misunderstanding of God is a matter which is not only very tiresome but comes quite close to that of fundamentalists.

It is not very easy to join hands on behalf of gravity.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 01:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you think that it is possible that the God atheists are worshipping is what Christian call "the Devil? And atheists believe that the God that Christians worship is "The Devil"?

Well you know me I do not believe in Gods, devils, elves, unicorns and so forth so I would have to say that atheist who pretend to be theist are worshiping their own self interest or they think it is best to teach gullible theist certain things.
spendius

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 01:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
Presumably the certain things includes worshiping self interest for want of anything else to worship.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 6 Apr, 2013 02:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
We went through this with the first question.

Yup...why I think we are here again...

Quote:
You have not answered my question.

Yes I have, you just do not agree...or are unsure...but do not wish to explain why...this is going to keep happening until you either explain why you actually disagree, or unsure...Or this process is going to keep becoming redundant...because I can not explain why you think what you do in an intellectually honest way, since I am not positive if we do agree or do not (honestly) if you truly desire not to explain why you think I am wrong or how you are unsure...It sets me up to fall because at some point for you to have your whole point validated, I will have to make an assumption based upon something you have never claimed, which I am unwilling to do..and then you can "prove" your point is true, and I know this will happen...(that is why I said earlier, it will jade you farther from my views, because I will look deceptive)

So I will do no such thing...

You claimed that you do not do beliefs and are about validation...

Fine, I am up for the challenge to validate my point is true...without you making any assumptions about me...but by you solely explaining to us what you believe, on your own, or about yourself...because you freely wish to do so...

If you have no interest, because you do not do beliefs...fine with me...

If you do...

Tell me what your view of "absolute certainty" is...and I will explain how mine "may" be different or "may not" be...based upon what you actually think yourself, and what I actually think myself...Or acknowledge that you understand what I have said...Or acknowledge that you do not understand or freely reject to respond likewise on your own...because you do not want to...Or feel you have to...Or we are done...

And you can claim I am ducking you or whatever you wish if you freely would like to do so...

I believe it is all what you freely "think"...but will not proclaim...not what I think, but am unwilling to acknowledge...

Tell me what you "believe"...Show me how you think you are "unsure"...Or "validate how you think you reject" this is true...