Atheists... Your life is pointless

spendius

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:29 pm
@FBM,
What do those carefully chose images represent?

0 Replies

spendius

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:31 pm
@FBM,
I could show a picture of a Madonna and child next to a picture of an abortion.

If I could find one of the latter.
FBM

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:33 pm
@spendius,
Those images represent the behavior of those infected with religious thinking to the point that they are dangerous to the well-being of others. They are plentiful.
reasoning logic

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:42 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
Those images represent the behavior of those infected with religious thinking to the point that they are dangerous to the well-being of others. They are plentiful.

Do you really think that someone like spendius who finds it to be stylish to kill in the name of a supernatural being because he thinks it raises us above the other beasts, would really care about the wrongs of religion as long as he was not on the receiving end?

FBM

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
Not really, no. And he's only too happy to join izzy and Spade in the dishonest rhetorical techniques of ad hom attacks, red herrings, etc, when someone approaches any of the huge gaps in his arguments, rather than provide evidence relevant to the real question about theistic belief.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:51 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
As long as Spade insists on obfuscating, making strawmen, making up definitions for words and insisting others play by them, dodging questions, denying basic logic and generally refusing to be intellectually honest, he deserves criticism. I think Frank has been experiencing the same, as has setanta, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

I do not obligate you in any such way to answer my questions or respond to my posts if you have no interest in doing it...by answering my posts or directing posts at me, you are freely choosing to do so on your own...despite whatever subjective justification you try to explain as to why you feel compelled to discuss things with me...

Does "deserve criticism" = trying to push your own personal subjective placebo upon me? Or is this incorrect? Explain to me how you reject that what you say to me in return in not a "personal placebo" you subject me to? (if you can)

You are correct...lets let them speak for themselves...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 05:55 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
when someone approaches any of the huge gaps in his arguments, rather than provide evidence relevant to the real question about theistic belief

Why do you subjectively think I have to provide evidence relevant to the real question about "my" theistic beliefs?

Are you actually willing to provide me with a belief about atheism?
reasoning logic

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:07 pm
@FBM,
Luckily for us there are many theist who do not use rhetorical techniques of ad hom attacks, red herrings, etc, when someone approaches any of the huge gaps in his arguments, but yet I am sad to say that they still get it wrong.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Are you actually willing to provide me with a belief about atheism?

Would not the understanding of history, science, biology, and logic be sufficient?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
No...it would not...because atheism is not a "belief" in embracing those instruments in an attempt to provide valid proofs about claims that one is skeptical about...(like I have said, it would make it more valid, and explain exactly who an atheist is, since a rejection does not)

But rather it is currently said to be a rejection of the skeptical claims that one says they refuse to believe...

And who says that a theist does not embrace these instruments themselves? Atheists right? But do not want to explain how they "believe" it is true? Because atheism is a rejection?

Are you suggesting that you think that "atheism" would be more politically correct if it was actually called a belief of using those instruments in an attempt to provide valid proofs abouts claims that one is skeptical about?

If so, I would agree with you...
reasoning logic

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:37 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Are you suggesting that you think atheism would be more politically correct if it was actually called a belief of using those instruments in an attempt to provide valid proofs abouts claims that one is skeptical about?

No I would say that atheism is often a byproduct of using those instruments.
reasoning logic

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:39 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
And who says that a theist does not embrace these instruments themselves? Atheists right?

Sure we can see that some theist embrace them too, except when it comes to their own belief because if they did they would not be theist. Smile
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
No I would say that atheism is often a byproduct of using those instruments.

Do you "reject" that this is true? And feel a need to try validate this skeptical claim?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Sure we can see that theist embrace them too, except when it comes to their own belief because if they did they would not be theist.

But this is a "rejection" and not a "belief" correct?
reasoning logic

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Do you "reject" that this is true? And feel a need to try validate this skeptical claim?

Be as specific as you can to where your own grandmother would understand and try to keep it too less than two questions.
reasoning logic

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Sure we can see that theist embrace them too,

Quote:
But this is a "rejection" and not a "belief" correct?

No this is an understanding. Are you not able to understand that theist also study the subjects that we a referring to?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
OK...what did you not understand, and I will clarify for you?

(Both of my last two posts did not have more than two questions within the posts...I am not sure what your point may have been)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
No this is an understanding.

How would you self explain that you formulate an understanding based around a rejection?

Quote:
Are you not able to understand that theist also study the subjects that we a referring to?

I sure do understand and know this...that is why I say I do not understand how atheism is not a form of belief...
reasoning logic

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:49 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
reread. I accidentally left out the word "you"
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 5 Apr, 2013 06:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
I edited my post to include it in your quote...Sorry I am posting fast, and did not give you time to update your post...
0 Replies