Atheists... Your life is pointless

reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 06:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I will see to it. Please be the Nice Spades that I know you can be. Very Happy
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 06:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
I have posted it...I did what I could...
tenderfoot

Mon 14 Jan, 2013 01:52 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

By your statements ~~~~~
Anyone who doesn't believe that your God existed are atheist's. But if he believes some other God exists he's not??
If a child is brought up without being taught about a religious God, it's a atheist ??
If a tribe in Africa worship the sun their Atheists ?? ... Come on "Mate" your full of crap and talk a lot of cods wallops, go and get a life for your GODS SAKE.
izzythepush

Mon 14 Jan, 2013 02:39 am
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:
your full of crap and talk a lot of cods wallops, go and get a life for your GODS SAKE.

Codswallop is all one word, it originally refered to lemonade sold in bottles with a glass marble stopper invented by Hiram Codd.
laughoutlood

Mon 14 Jan, 2013 03:16 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Codswallop is all one word, it originally refered to lemonade sold in bottles with a glass marble stopper invented by Hiram Codd.

And what a load of old codswallop that putative etymology is, not that you bothered to check the spurious folklorics, you atheist.

That egregious error means your life is now officially pointless.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Mon 14 Jan, 2013 09:19 am
@tenderfoot,
No, by my statements...Anyone who believes a God does not exist...Is an atheist....And anyone who believes that any kind of God exists is a theist...Regardless of what kind of God it is...

Do you have anything to refute what I have said? Rather than just one or 2 line insults every now and then....?
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 14 Jan, 2013 04:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Ahem!

Quote:
The story goes that a man by the name of Hiram Codd patented a bottle for fizzy drinks with a marble in the neck, which kept the bottle shut by pressure of the gas until it was pressed inwards. Wallop was a slang term for beer, and Codd's wallop came to be used by beer drinkers as a derogatory term for weak or gassy beer, or for soft drinks.

This theory has appeared in Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, but there are problems with it. 'Codswallop' is not recorded until the mid-20th century, rather a long time after Codd's invention, and there are no examples of the spelling Codd's wallop, which might be expected as an early form. These problems do not conclusively disprove the theory - it's conceivable that the term circulated by word of mouth, like many slang terms, and that the connection with Codd's bottle had been forgotten by the time the term was written down - but they do shed doubt on the tale.
izzythepush

Mon 14 Jan, 2013 04:39 pm
@spendius,
Maybe it is apocryphal, but it's still just one word.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 14 Jan, 2013 11:34 pm
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2013/01/116_128834.html

"Fire kills 4 at Christian sanctuary." Where was God then? Just wondering. Wink
izzythepush

Tue 15 Jan, 2013 02:38 am
@FBM,
Not in Jaywick, that's for sure, that place is a ******* dump.
FBM

Tue 15 Jan, 2013 02:49 am
@izzythepush,
I had to look that up, but yeah, I see what you mean.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Fri 18 Jan, 2013 08:06 pm
@reasoning logic,
Reasoning Logic your preacher has conman written all over him. He has the delivery and the actions of a born conman. I strongly suspect he might have a long criminal record. I have put many conmen in jail and he has all the trappings. Invariably his type is drawn toward cult leadership positions. In Ireland they believe that the unmolested children in parochial schools are the minority. Cults attract all kinds of strange individuals looking for something that they are missing.
Zardoz

Fri 18 Jan, 2013 08:56 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzythepush the Psalm that was posted was listed as 137.8 when I checked my copy of the bible it was completely different until I read 137.9 which is the actual Psalm that advocates dashing thy little ones brains on the rocks. There is nothing said about Babylonians in Psalm 137.9. Whoever posted it combined 137.8 to modify the meaning and add the Babylonians. When you read Psalm 137.9 by itself as it should be it is impossible to tell whose children it refers.
That was a standalone Psalm by a completely different number. “thy little ones” could just as easily be your little ones as the Babylonians little ones. My Interpretation and my original source interpretations is a fair interpretation of that Psalm 137.9 as written. Either interpretation of evil primitive tribal cult not a high moral example.

As long as we take Psalm 137.9 as an independent paragraph there is no mistake however it was dishonest to combine parts of Psalm 137.8 and 137.9 and list it as Psalm 137.8 because it changed the meaning.

I have been dealing with the Amish quite a bit lately and the commandment about lying seems to be the one most violated by cult members and that seems hold across different denominations.
Yours is but one possible interpretation and you had to combine two Psalms to get that interpretation. If someone who had never read the Psalm 137.9 that and only that to read they would more than likely agree with my interpretation than yours.

Memory is not near as dependable as most people believe studies of memories over decades show that they change far more than we believe. Studies of memories like one where you were asked where you were when Kennedy was killed and a number of other questions asked a few months after the incidents and the same questions were asked at intervals over the next few decades. The memories changed dramatically. We treat our memories as if they were written in stone but neuroscientist that have studied memory have found out each time a memory is accessed it changes a little.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Cicerone Psalm 137.9 in its entirety simply says “Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth they little ones against the stones.” Just take that Psalm and have people read and interpret without telling them it is from the bible. You of course use take instead taketh and dash instead of dasheth. See if any of them tell you it means the children of the Babylon’s.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 19 Jan, 2013 03:12 am
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:
In Ireland they believe that the unmolested children in parochial schools are the minority.

Really? Don't you think that's going a little bit too far? If that really was the case the Church wouldn't have been able to cover it up for so long.

There are plenty of people who were educated by priests who never suffered a sore bottom.
reasoning logic

Sat 19 Jan, 2013 06:46 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Reasoning Logic your preacher has conman written all over him. He has the delivery and the actions of a born conman. I strongly suspect he might have a long criminal record. I have put many conmen in jail and he has all the trappings.

I don't think you watched that short video. You seem to have the wrong impression of Aron Ra, He is very intelligent and is just sharing his view point about how he sees many preachers.

It is a funny video and here it is again.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Sat 19 Jan, 2013 09:08 am
@izzythepush,
Izzythepush I don’t think you have any idea how bad the child molestation problem was in some of these religious cults. When I was looking through my library for my original source Psalm 137.9 I came across that statement saying that they believed that the unmolested children were a minority in Irish parochial schools. Some of the books I bought for the argument with the preacher had detailed information about the widespread problem of child molestation in religious cults. Do I believe it? In America one in four women is raped in her lifetime many of them as adults. An adult woman has a far better chance of warding off a rapist than a child. Rape is not about sex it is about power. Religious cults are power structures where the power is almost entirely invested in the cult leader. Priests would simply go take a child out of class and take them back to their office. They had unlimited access to children and the child was not likely to report the priest and if he did the child was not believed in most cases.

It was like setting up a personal harem for a Sultan. If for some reason the child was believed the church talked the parents into not taking it to the authorities and the priest was simply transferred to another parish to continue molesting.

I watched a crime program where an entire family was gunned down except for the son. When it was investigated they found that the son had killed his mother, father and sister. The reason was when the mother went up to tell her son breakfast was ready she opened the door and saw his former scout master in bed with her son. He had climbed through the window. The scout master a pillar of the community and church elder had been molesting his scout troop for many years. He would take them in the woods and have them dig graves and tell them if they ever told he would bury them there. He had molested this boy since he was 5 and at the time of the murder he was 18. The mother didn’t say anything at the time but later told the boy she would have to tell his father. The boy told the scout master that he had been seen in his bed room. The scout master told him it was his problem and if he couldn’t solve it he would need to kill his parents.

Power and molestation go together like a horse and buggy. Religious cults are the perfect storm for child molestation, the molester is often beyond reproach he is god’ proxy on earth. Whether one believes that the unmolested Children are in a minority in Irish parochial schools or not children are the ideal victims powerless and weak while the cult leader is there to teach his flock morality.

The fact that both rape and child molestation are about power should tell us to closely monitor situations where vast differences in power naturally exist.

Izzythepush
Do you think they would have told you? The first thing they are instructed to do is not to tell anyone under the penalty of not only their death but the death of their family. Not mention there is always a stigma of shave involved. I had a conversation with a close family member who in fact did go to parochial school, she was in her late 40s and I made some remarks about a difficult childhood and the number of time she ran away from home and I had a hard time believing what I was told however it didn’t take place in school. I know of children on both sides of the family tree that were molested. Until recently these were secrets that were not spoken of by most people.
izzythepush

Sat 19 Jan, 2013 11:11 am
@Zardoz,
The Catholic church may be many things, but it's not a cult. It's clear abuse happened, but to say it was the majority of pupils is a bit far fetched. Things are starting to come out in the open now, this is a link to the Wikipedia page. At no place does it say the majority of pupils were abused. I think the source you looked at was written by someone with an axe to grind.

Btw Spendi went to a Catholic school, he's now an Atheist, but he's very clear that he was not abused, but that doesn't stop RL taking cheap, unfunny, shots at him whenever he gets the chance.
spendius

Sat 19 Jan, 2013 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
Not only that but I never heard of anybody being abused nor any suspicion of it. Not sexually I mean.

I think these accusations stem from a need to undermine the Church so that widespread and general abuse of women can take place with the approval of the liberal intelligentsia. And on a grand scale.

Which obviously provides a lot of well paid jobs for counselors, doctors of various sorts, pharmaceutical suppliers and distributors, the legal profession and concerned Mother Hen types. The situations vacant columns of those newspapers which cater for the liberal intelligentsia are a vital source of income for the rags.
izzythepush

Sat 19 Jan, 2013 01:24 pm
@spendius,
It's no different from saying that most of the kids who appeared on Jim'll Fix It were abused. I'm sure if that were the case they wouldn't be rushing to tell me either.
0 Replies