Atheists... Your life is pointless

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:22 pm
@reasoning logic,
OK...Now do you think there is? Or do you think there is not?

Whether or not you do not know for SURE what the truth is...Has NO IMPACT on whether you believe that there is or is not...UNLESS you do not understand...Am I wrong?

I believe that there is...But I DO NOT KNOW FOR CERTAIN...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Spades I am sure there are books about Santa and if you try hard enough you will find one and we can compare it to the likes of the bible if you wish.

If you truly think you think they are equal...Link a book about Santa...And I will ask you what you think is moral or immoral about what the book actually says....And why...
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:26 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
OK...Now do you think there is? Or do you think there is not?

Whether or not you do not know for SURE what the truth is...Has NO IMPACT on whether you believe that there is or is not...Am I wrong?

I believe that there is...But I DO NOT KNOW FOR CERTAIN...

OK I agree but what is your point?
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:29 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You were the one who thinks that they are not close to being equal so being that we can not prove either one to exist shouldn't you be the one to ask the questions about the make believe books?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
OK I agree but what is your point?

That I do not believe that an environment or social current have strong effects on people...If they want to be able to understand what they think about anything....

Including the history of religion...

A lot of people believe in the God they do...And it has nothing to do with the history of religion...
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
A lot of people believe in the God they do...And it has nothing to do with the history of religion...

Of course they do and just because they are ignorant about history does not make any more true.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
I should...I guess...But since I just do not buy it is truthful...Or how you really feel...Or I am not sure you will be willing to want to see how I think they are different....Because I already think I have explained how I think they are not...I really do not feel like doing that...Maybe another day...

I am fine if you think they are the same...I am fine with thinking that you do not think they are the same thing...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Of course they do and just because they are ignorant about history does not make any more true.

So they are ignorant if they challenge what everyone else says? and believe a God based upon something else than their environment? Are they also ignorant if they believe in a God because of environments? And are atheists ignorant if they challenge Gods...Because it is taught in their environment, but they ultimately do not believe in these Gods? Are they ignorant if they go against history?
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 03:02 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So they are ignorant if they challenge what everyone else says?

No

Quote:
Are they also ignorant if they believe in a God because of environments?

Yes. If people believe in an elephant God do you think that they might be just a little ignorant?

Quote:
are atheists ignorant if they challenge Gods...Because it is taught in their environment, but they ultimately do not believe in these Gods?

You tell me Spades if a person who was brought up believing in Ganesha but they challenged their beliefs and became atheist or Christian would that make them ignorant?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 03:35 pm
@reasoning logic,
All I am interested in...Is your first answer...If they are not ignorant...Does this mean that you think they are ignorant just because they end up believing in a God?

We established that people find God(s) outside of environments...You then said they were ignorant to not pay attention to history...So I asked you if they are ignorant to believe based upon environments?....And you said yes....So my question is....Do you think that all believers are ignorant?, regardless of whatever way they find this/these God(s)? Or believe in him/her/it/they?

Or is there a way to believe and not be ignorant?
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 03:59 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
All I am interested in...Is your first answer...If they are not ignorant...Does this mean that you think they are ignorant just because they end up believing in a God?

My first response to you was about believing in an elephant God, Are you suggesting that people who believe in an elephant God are not ignorant just a little?

Quote:
You then said they were ignorant to not pay attention to history...So I asked you if they are ignorant to believe based upon environments?

Not if based upon sound evidence but yet they could still be wrong. which would still make them ignorant to a degree and that is why it is OK to have ideas but not believe in them. Wink

Quote:
.Do you think that all believers are ignorant?,

Yes

Quote:
is there a way to believe and not be ignorant?

Maybe but I would not count "believe" on it.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 04:12 pm
@reasoning logic,
Is it possible for an atheist to be ignorant? Or not, because they are skeptical? If you think it is...Please explain how an atheist "could be" ignorant?
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 04:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Is it possible for an atheist to be ignorant? Or not, because they are skeptical? If you think it is...Please explain how an atheist "could be" ignorant?

We are all ignorant sometimes Spades don't you agree? If you agree then what is it that makes us ignorant?

Quote:
Or not, because they are skeptical?

Skepticism is the starting place of intellectual honesty. If one can not be skeptical about ones own understanding then I can not see how they could logically come to intellectually honesty.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 04:43 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Skepticism is the starting place of intellectual honesty. If one can not be skeptical about ones own understanding then I can not see how they could logically come to intellectually honesty.

But you do not believe that one can be intellectually honest...Or not ignorant...If they are skeptical, and decide to believe in a God?

Do you think that what you have said above is not an actual belief?

And do you think that it is intellectually honest to say that all believers are ignorant?

I am just asking you these questions to get a better understanding of you...and atheism...I am not trying to break your stones or anything...
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 04:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

But you do not believe that one can be intellectually honest...Or not ignorant...If they are skeptical, and decide to believe in a God?

If someone thinks that there could be a God I see nothing wrong with that but if they believe it to be a particular way and no other way I do see that to be ignorant if they do not understand that they could be wrong.

It is an idea or understanding that could be flawed.

Quote:
And do you think that it is intellectually honest to say that all believers are ignorant?

I think it is honest to say that we are all ignorant at times.

Quote:
.I am not trying to break your stones or anything...

Is this a United Kingdom term that you all use or is it common to the US?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 05:03 pm
@reasoning logic,
I respect that answer mate...Because I believe you were being intellectually honest...But I do think that God communicates to everyone in a different way...That can not be proven...And I think that atheism is a belief...Or many are not looking to challenge as many things as they say they are...Or they do not seem to be as skeptical as they appear...And that is me being intellectually honest...Because it is truly what I think is true....I will be back...
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 06:14 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
I respect that answer mate...Because I believe you were being intellectually honest.

Thank you Spades and I respect what you share as well even though we both disagree with each other at times.

I know that I have misbehaved in the past even though I am not aware of some of it at times but regardless I do not mean to hurt other people.

I have a question that only you have the answer to "imagine that" Shocked
Is it possible that you may have hurt other peoples feelings even though you did not intend to? I am thinking of JCboy.
I know that he can probably be a dick at times like you and I but you know how I love studying human behavior, Well anyways I was curious if he would forgive you if you were nice and told him that you were sorry for saying what you did or what he thought that you did, Would you please ask him to forgive you so that I can see the response?

Please respond to this video, It is innocent in nature.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 06:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
Mate...I honesty would apologize to him...and told him the day I met him I wanted to be friends...and did not want to be enemies...And I certainly never mean to hurt anyone....and yes, I think I can be a dick....

But I would only say it to him...If I saw him say that he would accept my apology...Before I did so....But after I did...I would like to see why he thinks I am hateful, or ignored...And what he thinks I have done wrong to him...despite what others may have done to him...Because I also do not know what he thinks I have done wrong to him...
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 06:30 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

But I would only say it to him...If I saw him say that he would accept my apology...Before I did so..

Do you think that Jesus would take the same approach or do you think that he would love his enemy regardless and if his enemy did not accept his apology do you think that your generosity would seem like hot coals if he had any empathy at all?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 06:32 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'll say it...but I am not sure if he will read it...