Atheists... Your life is pointless

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
If Santa shared moral understanding then Yes I would back up these moral understandings.

But listen to what you are actually saying....Then Believing is Santa can not be the exact same thing as a God...Because you back certain morals written about this God...But you just said "IF Santa shared moral understandings then Yes I would" Which means you currently do not think that Santa does...But believe certain morals about this God are moral understandings...Or you believe or know why you think they are...But do not with Santa...Or any other one of those creatures...So they can not be equal...

Quote:
Can you explain how that would have no bearing?

Sure, It has no bearing because once reaching the age of reasoning...Once you hear it....You know whether you believe it or do not....and why you do or do not...And only work to enhance why...If you do not believe in Santa right now....Then if I wrote a book about it....It would not change your views...Just like you believe in some of the Bible...Because you already believe some of it is moral...If you did not believe anything about it...It would not matter what any of the Bible had to say...Because you already do not believe God exists...So why believe that anyone who wrote the Bible because they believed this God did exist...Is correct about anything? What is moral about any of it? If the main reason it is written is immoral?

You can only see moral understandings to it...If you have some type of faith that this God may exist...Even if it is a very small amount of faith...

Because you have already said you do not with Santa...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That is correct mate...It makes it illogical to say...That they are the same...Or equal...And then say you back certain things about one...But do not about another, just like it, Because it does not currently have these values...But the other one does...Or one must not be seen as totally non-existent...In the eyes of that persons perspective...Or they can not be seen as equals...

Because there is nothing equal about it...Your are doing more/or believe/ or follow more....for one than another...

Even if they both are non-existent...One does, and one does not exist....Or they both do exist...

There is no way that that person can see them as equals...Regardless, of what the truth of what they both actually are...are...
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:20 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

But listen to what you are actually saying....Then Believing is Santa can not be the exact same thing as a God..

I don't think you understand "if people had a Santa psychosis instead of theist psychosis and there was a book written about Santa that included moral understanding then yes I would probably say that the moral understanding were correct if they were.

If we lived in a different part of the world we may consider what they taught to be moral even though it came out of a different book.

Quote:

Sure, It has no bearing because once reaching the age of reasoning...Once you hear it....You know whether you believe it or do not

So you think that your environment or social currents don't have a strong effect on you?
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:22 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I think that you and CI read from the same book and are on the same page. Rolling Eyes Idea
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
So you are saying that you believe or back certain morals about the Bible because you believe you have a bit of theistic psychosis?

And you do not believe anything about Santa...Yet they are equal...Because you do not have a psychosis of Santa?

How are they equal? Or how could people believe because they have a bit of theistic psychosis? But not a psychosis of Santa or anything else that is equal? You did believe in Santa once correct? And most (around here) who believe or do not believe in God believed in Santa at one time? How do lack of believers not have a Santa psychosis? But not a theistic one?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
So you think that your environment or social currents don't have a strong effect on you?

I think that anyone can find what they are looking for...Or has the free thinking ability to find out what they believe and do not believe...About anything they want to question...Regardless of what your environment...Or social currents are...

Unless their intelligence just renders them incapable of being able to do it...
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:33 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
you do not believe anything about Santa...Yet they are equal...Because you do not have a psychosis of Santa?

Bingo

No Santa psychosis and no theistic psychosis.

Quote:
How are they equal? Or how could you have a bit of theistic psychosis? But not a psychosis of Santa or anything else that is equal? You did believe in Santa once correct?

I do not think they are different by much they are both imaginary concepts.

I do not recall ever believing in Santa but I guess I could have when I was very young.
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:35 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Unless their intelligence just renders them incapable of being able to do it...

No way "you do not believe that there are people who could believe in Bullshit mountain do you?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:39 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Bingo

No Santa psychosis and no theistic psychosis.

Then there is simply nothing about this God or Bible that can be seen as moral...from your perspective...Or nothing you could even think or believe is true about either of them...It is not possible...

Unless you do not realize that by backing certain things about one...But not about another...Or any other thing you "think" is equal...actually makes them Not Equal in your very own eyes...But you claim they are...

reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:42 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Unless you do not realize that by backing certain things about one...But not about another...Or any other thing you "think" is equal...actually makes them Not Equal in your very own eyes...But you claim they are...

Quote:
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
Tell me what you think bullshit mountain is....And be as specific as you can...And I will tell you exactly why or how I believe it exists or does not exist...

Do I think that people do what you have said they do in "bullshit mountain"? Yes...Do I think there is an actual place? No....Do I think it would make a difference what anyone wanted to call this place? No, I do not think it would make a difference what anyone labeled this place...So long as someone understood what you meant by asking/telling them if/why you think they may be there....And if/do they agree? Or disagree...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:50 pm
@reasoning logic,

Quote:

There is no such thing as much...If they are equal...And if they are both psychosis' and you have neither...Then they both are non-existent...There is nothing moral about either...And no reason to ever think that either "could be" moral....Unless you either have a psychosis of at least one...Or there is no psychosis but you believe one has more validity than another...
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 01:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Then they both are non-existent...There is nothing moral about either...And no reason to ever think that either "could be" moral...

Again Spades the bible is a book and we are able to read books and even though some books tell fictional stories it does not mean that they can not have bits of truth as well.
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:08 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Tell me what you think bullshit mountain is....And be as specific as you can..

Bullshit mountain is where you dwell, it is a place of deception and it is home to you and a few others who get off on sophistry.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
So if you read a book about Santa...Would it mean you would find truth to it? Or do you think you could find morals in it?
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:13 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
So if you read a book about Santa...Would it mean you would find truth to it?

Show me the book you are referring to and a passage from it that you would like me to tell you if it was truthful or not.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Bullshit mountain is where you dwell, it is a place of deception and it is home to you and a few others who get off on sophistry.

That is just your own subjective thought...

But it has no impact on whether or not you can freely decide if people "go there" Freely decide that people do not go there...And it has no impact on you not knowing if they go...Unless you do not understand your own view of it...

Give me an example of something that someone can not know what they think about something...Even if it is true...Not true...Or not known...Unless they do not understand...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
That is exactly my point...No one has...That I know of...so how could it be because the Bible is a book? You have never read a book about Santa to know if you would find morals or not...So how are they equal in any sort of way?

Or have anything to do with a psychosis?

And not just what people subjectively think?
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Give me an example of something that someone can not know what they think about something...Even if it is true.

Life on other planets
reasoning logic

Sun 13 Jan, 2013 02:21 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
That is exactly my point...No one has...That I know of...so how could it be because the Bible is a book? You have never read a book about Santa to know if you would find morals or not...So how are they equal in any sort of way?

Spades I am sure there are books about Santa and if you try hard enough you will find one and we can compare it to the likes of the bible if you wish.