Atheists... Your life is pointless

spendius

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 04:28 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
I do well understand the irrepressible need you have to avoid getting bored, you facilitate the conflict just to feel alive and sound...I indulge.

Do you think I am at all unique in that respect Fil?
Frank Apisa

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:06 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Your method of debate Frank is hopeless. If it works where you are then all I can say is that it is fortunate for you.

You couldn't hit home with me if I was a barn door and you had a Sherman tank at 20 yards.

The discussion did not involve any religious people or questions. You introduced those for want of an argument. It is an atheist thread. I am an atheist. What does what religious people think or do have to do with my posts? They lost the argument back in the 70s. And again in the election.

Ovid taught me that abortion was wrong in Ars Amatoria, written before there were any Popes. Spengler said it signified the decay of a culture.

Spendius, you really ought to give up the name-calling and insults. That kind of nonsense adds nothing to a discussion.

In any case, YOU, Spendius, often invoke bizarre unrelated people and issues into discussions. (See Ovid above) YOU probably do that sort of thing more than anyone else in this forum.

And here you are lamenting that I brought the influence of religion and religious sensibilities into a discussion of ABORTION!

Spendius…what is it with you? Do you not see your position as absurd…even laughable.

In a discussion of abortion, it is totally appropriate to make the comment that I did.

If you must conceive of it as a form of debate hopelessness, do so. I hope doing so makes you feel better about yourself. But frankly, your opinion on this is a joke.
cicerone imposter

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 05:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You,
Quote:
In any case, YOU, Spendius, often invoke bizarre unrelated people and issues into discussions.

That's not all; spendi likes to include sex into his posts even when there's no relationship to the topic under discussion. He believes "sex sells," but he's beyond his pub pals in relevance on a2k.
Fil Albuquerque

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:05 pm
@spendius,
Unique ? No, just prone to get very easily bored, and that is meant as a compliment, but there are worse cases around and far less civil, at least you make me smile a lot...
If I had to guess you are a top class bore avoider, although bore avoiders are common trade on the web these day's...hell, this is getting boring !
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
In a discussion of abortion, it is totally appropriate to make the comment that I did.

No it isn't. The unborn baby hasn't the slightest interest in what some religious nut-jobs think. It is in evolutionary survival mode just as you are. And it has a lot more potential than you have.

Your position that because some religious nut-jobs oppose abortion it makes abortion okay is a form of mental disarrangement of your neuron interfaces which I class as a defective situation. Some weird dislocation of human intelligence.

As a ******* obvious fact.
spendius

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:10 pm
@spendius,
I am defence counsel for the unborn baby be it girl or boy.
spendius

Thu 29 Nov, 2012 06:15 pm
@spendius,
If anybody doesn't want any inconvenient unborn babies they surely know what the correct procedure is to avoid them given all the idiotic sex lessons they have had.
0 Replies

FBM

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 01:35 am
Just checkin' in. Anybody found this "god" yet?
cicerone imposter

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 01:42 am
@FBM,
God will contact you when he think it's time. Mr. Green

I wouldn't wait too long....
FBM

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 03:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
I hope it's by SMS. I use KakaoTalk. I hope he's reading this post. I'd hate to miss his text message. Uh-oh. I don't see him on my 'Contacts' list. Am I going to Hell? Sad
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:23 am
@FBM,
Quote:
Just checkin' in. Anybody found this "god" yet?

I vaguely remember answering that question a few weeks ago. I don't remember any response to my answer. Perhaps that is because ignoring my answer allowed the question to be asked again at intervals as if it is a clever conversation stopper.

"God" is the abstract personification of the wisdom of the ages refined with experience for the purpose of organising an orderly human existence in the service of the continuation and success of the culture.

What we all must dearly wish to see is those who have failed to find God come up with a superior business plan. In the event that they do so I feel sure it will be greeted with enthusiasm and joy, early morning parades, 7 day working weeks and rationing of all commodities of use. Luxury being illegal.
spendius

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:26 am
@spendius,
I understand from the News that Buddhists are engaged in the ethnic cleansing of the followers of the Prophet in S.E. Asia.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:29 am
@spendius,
Spendius, who is the biggest abortionist in the world? God of course, if you chose to believe in him. A woman may become pregnant a hundred times in her lifetime but carry only one child to full term. There are far more spontaneous abortions than any other type abortions. Many spontaneous abortions occur very early in the pregnancy and the woman never had a clue she was pregnant. Why don’t you cry crocodile tears for all those hundreds of thousands of potential children in the unsuccessful sperm in each ejaculation?
spendius

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 06:36 am
@Zardoz,
Do you mean I should organise the baptism of used condoms and sanitary towels as Germaine Greer suggested many years ago?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 08:26 am
@spendius,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5181315)
Quote:

No it isn't.

Yes, it is.

A lot more appropriate than what Ovid had to say about it.

Quote:
The unborn baby hasn't the slightest interest in what some religious nut-jobs think. It is in evolutionary survival mode just as you are. And it has a lot more potential than you have.

My guess is that you have absolutely no way to know what a fetus has or does not have interest in. I do appreciate your guesses about it, but I laugh that you offer them as knowledge from on-high. As for my "potential"...I doubt you have any idea of my "potential"...or in the "potential" of any particular fetus. It could possibly be much better for the world if some fetuses, like the Hitler you mentioned earlier, to have been aborted.

Quote:
Your position that because some religious nut-jobs oppose abortion it makes abortion okay is a form of mental disarrangement...

To suppose that I made that argument is a form of mental disarrangement...or of simply being dishonest. Which is it, Spendius?

Quote:
As a ******* obvious fact.

Stick with your guesses, Spendius...you are much better at that than you are at facts.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 08:28 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5181315)
You,
Quote:
In any case, YOU, Spendius, often invoke bizarre unrelated people and issues into discussions.

That's not all; spendi likes to include sex into his posts even when there's no relationship to the topic under discussion. He believes "sex sells," but he's beyond his pub pals in relevance on a2k.

Absolutely, ci. Having him fault you for including inappropriate remarks is like having Rush Limbaugh fault you for being narrow minded and nasty. Wink
spendius

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 10:12 am
As promised earlier and for the appreciation of atheists here is the programme of services provided for the faithful by St Patrick's in NYC as presented in The Globe and Commercial Adveriser on March 27, 1923.

Quote:
Extra Services at St.Patrick's.
Special Holy Week services are scheduled for each day at St. Patrick's Cathedral.
Tomorrow night there will be a sermon by the Rev. W.B. Martin and benediction of the Blessed Sacrament, while the tenebrae will be sung at 4 P.M. in commemoration of the sufferings and death of Jesus Christ.
On Holy Thursday communion will be given every half hour between 6 and 9 A.M. and at 10 A.M. There will be a pontifical mass, blessing of the holy oils and procession to the repository. The tenebrae will be sung at 4 P.M. and the holy hour will begin at 8 P.M.
On Good Friday adoration at the repository will take place from 8 to 10 A.M., followed by singing of the sacred psalms, sermon, unveiling of the holy cross, procession to the repository, mass of the presanctified, and reverencing of the holy cross.
The Passion sermon on Friday will be preached by Mgr. Lavelle, rector. The tenebrae will be sung at 4 P.M.
The blessing of the new fire will take place at 8 o'clock on Saturday. The paschal candle and the baptismal font also will be blessed.
Mass on Easter Sunday will be pontificated by the archbishop, who will also give the papal blessing. Pontifical vespers will take place at 4 P.M.

By the time John Lennon got settled in he said he was frightened by the thought of what his money could buy in this town.
spendius

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 10:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
I think we had better agree to differ Frank. We are obviously using two distinctly separate languages.
Frank Apisa

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 12:07 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
I think we had better agree to differ Frank. We are obviously using two distinctly separate languages.

We certainly can agree to differ, Spendius. I suspect, however, that the reason for the difference has less to do with language (we are both using English)...than with you being bull-headed on this point.

My remark was directed at something you said...and was entirely appropriate. You apparently could not think of any counter to it...so you have gone on to this sidebar conversation...that I will acknowledge has at least injected some humor into the discussion.

I wish you nothing but the best, Spendius.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Fri 30 Nov, 2012 08:46 pm
@spendius,
Spendius, you failed to mention whether there are any witch burnings scheduled between sermons. Do they have plenty of green wood to prolong the agony? We would not want the entertainment to end too quickly. How about one of those nice Christian masks designed to gouge the eyes out when it is closed, do they still have all those exquisite tools of torture? Religious cults spreading peace and love through a history of torture and killing.