Atheists... Your life is pointless

cicerone imposter

Sun 25 Nov, 2012 11:28 pm
@Wilso,
I've had him on Ignore for about a year now, and have saved many hours of reading crap that he continues to spew. I peak in once-in-awhile to challenge his "beliefs" with hits and runs. I enjoy that much better. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 03:03 am
@Zardoz,
My, my . . . you certainly are impressed with the excellence of your method and execution, aren't you? How wonderful it must be to be you!
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 04:33 am
Quote:
The Christian Church is an elaborate attempt to calm the bellicose passions of the flock. Take it away and you have to use the police or not bother calming those passions.

I'm up for answering that. There are no other possibilities. Insults and jibes don't cover up the obvious fact that you lot are too frit to choose. In fact they make it plain. And you huddle together for comfort.
spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 04:35 am
@spendius,
Why are you frightened of choosing the police or anarchy?

spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 05:42 am
@spendius,
Quote:
• There has come into existence, chiefly in America, a breed of men who claim to be feminists. They imagine that they have understood 'what women want' and that they are capable of giving it to them. They help with the dishes at home and make their own coffee in the office, basking the while in the refulgent consciousness of virtue. Such men are apt to think of the true male feminists as utterly chauvinistic.

Professor Germaine Greer.
spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 05:49 am
@spendius,
I guess that Wilso's obviously felt need to warn people about me is due to his general position that they are incapable of making their own minds up without his assistance.
Zardoz

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 06:10 am
@reasoning logic,
Reasoning Logic a good place to begin is with those who actually made their life’s work studying morality and its origins in man. I have a very extensive library and would recommend a book on morality but cannot find my copy of a book on short notice. You actual believe that people are moral because of a fear of a devil in a red suit and tail? That their spirit body will burn for all eternity? When I was I child I believed as a child believed but when I became and adult I looked at all the available evidence and made up my mind instead of letting others do my thinking for me.

Man has lived in the dark shadows of men’s imagination for way to long.
snood

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 07:44 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I guess that Wilso's obviously felt need to warn people about me is due to his general position that they are incapable of making their own minds up without his assistance.

Or perhaps it's an altruistic motivation to spare people from suffering your foolishness.
spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 09:22 am
@snood,
Which foolishness is that snood? Hadn't you better put some meat on your bread? Patronising A2K with slogans and assertions is abusing the site.

We are supposed to be engaged in discussions. Blurting insults is the opposite of discussion. It justifies all other insults.

And "perhaps" is a bit equivocal.

Do you not think people are capable of making their own minds up as well?
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 11:52 am
@snood,
Do you really think, snood, that all these hotshot atheists have me on Ignore because of my foolishness? They lie in wait for foolishness and pounce on it with the utmost delight.

They have me on Ignore because I am not foolish.

And what a spectacle it is to see them claim the intellectual high ground by the simple expedient of putting me on Ignore. It's incredible. If I hadn't witnessed it so often I would not have believed it possible. It's one of my discoveries on A2K that there are adult males in the world with at least 15 years of an expensive education behind them who do that sort of thing and who at the same time indulge the conceit that they fearlessly face up to objective reality.

It isn't something I had ever come across before.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 02:45 pm
@snood,
Nice to meet you snood...!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 03:03 pm
@snood,
You,
Quote:
spare people from suffering your foolishness

That's an understatement of the year on a2k. LOL
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 03:39 pm
@Zardoz,
What is this "available evidence"? Does in come in contact with your "own discretion" of what available evidence actually is? Cause if it does not, why does everyone else not embrace it? If it does...It is no different than that of people believing what you called " living in the dark imagination" mate...
Setanta

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 03:41 pm
Jesus wept, what's this f*cking "mate" bullshit? You're as phony as a three dollar bill.
spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 04:01 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
That's the whole problem with science and very nicely phrased.

That our readings off instruments describe actuality is a myth. Because we can use our readings off instruments to manipulate actuality to our advantage, or so we hope, does not mean we can understand its nature. Even to say it has a nature is anthropomorphic. That is at our "own discretion".

The only evidence we have about actuality, which doesn't know it's called actuality, is that our scientific measurements can be used to manipulate it. Which does not prove, nor come within sight of proving, that we know anything about it.

Thus we are describing ourselves. Some philosophers would say just our intelligence. And leave the carnal stuff to the Darwinians.

Hence monastic askesis.
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 04:05 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You see spade. They can't take it. They have only invective as an answer. Nothing that means anything. Except that they can't take it.
reasoning logic

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 05:05 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
You actual believe that people are moral because of a fear of a devil in a red suit and tail?

No I think you missed the point that I was trying to share with you'

Quote:
You make the same mistake the religious cults make, you believe that men are evil and only gods are good.

I made the below comment because you were stating that spendius thinks Gods are good but yet he does not believe they exist.

Quote:
I see you are like the rest of us and talk about things you do not know. Laughing

spendius is an atheist but he supports the catholic church.
spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 05:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:

I've never met a coherent atheist, nor an interesting one, who doesn't.
spendius

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 05:52 pm
@spendius,
After all, getting your rocks off in the most convenient and efficient manner is what monkeys do. That's why all the evolutionists are atheists. They think we are monkeys.

Which is not all that unreasonable. I'm keeping an open mind.
0 Replies

FBM

Mon 26 Nov, 2012 05:52 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Quote:

I've never met a coherent atheist, nor an interesting one, who doesn't.

That may be because there's something inherently boring about being coherent all the time. Wink