Atheists... Your life is pointless

Tapout89

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 07:58 pm
@John Creasy,
John Creasy wrote:

I've always wondered why people that are so adamant about the non-existence of God, debate morals and what is right and wrong. If there is no God and this world is truly just a cosmic fluke, than your life and everything that happens in it are of no consequence whatsoever. Why not just do whatever you want and not care about others. After all, survival of the fittest is the name of the game right? Love of others is just some accidental emotion that means nothing. So do whatever you want. Your life, your children's life, and your children's children's life will all be over soon and nothing will be remembered.
Why does life only have a point based solely on the existence of a god? If a god never existed at all and you realised this today...what in this world would change? The only thing that would change would be your perception of it. All the beauty and wonder in the world would remain and all your loved ones would still love you. The only thing that would change would be that you would realise that there is no god and that is all.
cicerone imposter

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 08:37 pm
@Tapout89,
John Creasy wrote,
Quote:
If there is no God and this world is truly just a cosmic fluke, than your life and everything that happens in it are of no consequence whatsoever.

Your conclusions do not make any sense or comply with logic. Human perceptions places value of life on many different things; namely, family and friends. Just because you think your life will have no value if there is no god is a personal choice; and not universal truth.

You need to study philosophy and reality a bit more to learn about the humans species. For many religious adherents, it's a one day a week practice by going to church. How their morals turns out is another matter entirely.

If you have bothered to study and learned about history, you'll find religion in the middle of much human sufferings.

So, quit preaching to the choir, and learn that it's not god you need; a simple tenent to treat all living things with respect and dignity will do the trick.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:27 pm
@cicerone imposter,
And what deep down inside composes you to do it? Rather than not do it???
cicerone imposter

Sun 29 Apr, 2012 11:57 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Do what?
spendius

Mon 30 Apr, 2012 05:07 am
@cicerone imposter,
Treat all living things with respect and dignity as you do when your jetliner takes off and lands in close proximity to people's houses.
0 Replies

Spiritual

Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:19 am
@John Creasy,
Everyone life is pointless without God. God is the supreme power who manage all universe .
Setanta

Mon 11 Jun, 2012 05:19 am
@Spiritual,
Nuh-uh . . .
spendius

Mon 11 Jun, 2012 08:29 am
@Setanta,
A low sigh of dissent from the gallery.

Care to flesh it out Setanta.

* The Calgary prof. would have no choice but to be ambidextrous if he gave his/her right arm away.
0 Replies

hilbert

Mon 25 Jun, 2012 01:34 pm
@boomerang,
I like Gaea more than Poseidon, but even Gaea not making a big splash now.
It's based on my having a nice Gaea statue in my home
0 Replies

Madacad

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 09:59 am
@John Creasy,
No life is pointless if it has an aim
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 08:11 pm
@Spiritual,
Your life with god is pointless, because he-she doesn{t exist. Get a life - just treat everybody with respect and dignity. No bible teaching can beat that!
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 30 Jun, 2012 08:46 pm
@Spiritual,
Quote:
God is the supreme power who manage all universe

Then hes a flunkie at mamagement. He cant even design the male urogenital tract without having half of us having prostate problems.
He shoulda subbed out the design stuff. He was more like Hitler in WWII (see how cleverly I worked Hitler into my post?) A meddler, not a gifted planner, but because hes supposed to be "Supreme" everybody's scared shitless that hes gonna have a hissy fit and send a bunch of plagues on us.
BillRM

Sun 1 Jul, 2012 01:47 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Then hes a flunkie at mamagement. He cant even design the male urogenital tract without having half of us having prostate problems.

Getting old to it would seems.

In any case, it give you a chance to post in the AM after visiting the bathroom once more time in the night.

Try getting your doctor to get you on Avodart as it take a long long time to start working but it did kick in big time for me after 6 months or so.

I am down to only one such posting period at night thanks to that drug.

spendius

Sun 1 Jul, 2012 05:17 am
@farmerman,
But what evidence have you that plagues and prostate problems are not caused by rejecting the word of God? Sorts of psychosomatic accidents.

It looks like we have three atheists with prostate problems.
reasoning logic

Sun 1 Jul, 2012 05:25 am
@spendius,
Quote:

But what evidence have you that plagues and prostate problems are not caused by rejecting the word of God?

Could the evidence be that God believing people get plagues and prostate problems as well?
BillRM

Sun 1 Jul, 2012 05:36 am
@reasoning logic,
LOL Would need to be a lot more atheists then I am aware of as prostate problems occur in a majority of men as they age at least in the West.

God must however love the men of Japan for example as for reasons of diet or god good will it is very rare in that country.
farmerman

Sun 1 Jul, 2012 05:59 am
@BillRM,
Dont worry, Avodart or finesteride are merely temporary fixes. Im going for the "laser ablative rim job" wherein I will be back to a really well designed urogenital tract.

Anyway. I only rise in the middle of the night dueto EXTERNAL stimuli (we have a raccoon problem here at the farm) and these critters have a taste for chicken.

This "god fuy" is still a major **** up at management and "design" apparently spendi thinks he is also so capricious as to routinely rain design problems on animals and man alike. Thats unerstandable for someone who tries to justify all this myth and nonsense.

Just becpome a child of the Universe spendi and quit trying to anthropomorphise the weather and biology

BillRM

Sun 1 Jul, 2012 06:34 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Avodart or finesteride are merely temporary fixes

Avodart reduce the size of the prostate over time so I am not sure if you can consider/view it a temporary fixed or not but I wish you the best on your course of treatment for this annoying problem.

Second, do not forget that the "lord" have us with a tail bone but no tail which off hand seem a sloppy engineering change order indeed.
farmerman

Sun 1 Jul, 2012 07:09 am
@BillRM,
Look at the side effects and consider whether you wish to stay on that stuff for the rest of your life or not. I understand what they do, HOW they do it puts you at risk for breast cancer, stroke, and several other more serious conditions like growing bigass boobs .

My temp drug of choice i Flomax, until I get my surgery in the fall.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sun 1 Jul, 2012 07:14 am
@BillRM,
How about the appendix, the wisdom teeth, the ankle bones and misplaced foot bones. We (most of us have developed an autoimmunity) to lactose, amylose and several major biochem pathways. We arent "designed" as much asw e were "compromised"
0 Replies