Atheists... Your life is pointless

XXSpadeMasterXX

Wed 21 Mar, 2012 03:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Couldn't have stated it better myself! Thumbs up.

Wow, how ridiculous is that?? Guess I should go vote Creasy's post up now?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Someone please define "progressing humanity" to me please??
spendius

Wed 21 Mar, 2012 04:02 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
They can't define anything Spade. The just use jargon and labels in an abstract manner which one has to presume impresses the sort of social company they are habitually used to.

Like actresses use spotlights and suchlike. The "no God" belief produces an inevitable circularity in that all conclusions derive from the premiss begun with. In ci's case particularly, the circle is so small you could touch your forefinger and thumb around it. Not that you would of course.
tenderfoot

Wed 21 Mar, 2012 04:44 pm
@spendius,
What spenbullshitouses realy said......

The religiouse can't define anything Spade. The just use jargon and labels in an abstract manner which one has to presume impresses the sort of social company they are habitually used to.

Like actresses use spotlights and suchlike. The " THE GOD" belief produces an inevitable circularity in that all conclusions derive from the premiss begun with. In MY case particularly, the circle is so small you could touch your PENIS and put your NOSE around it. Not that you would of course
thack45

Wed 21 Mar, 2012 04:58 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

wikipedia wrote:
... sublimation is a mature type of defence mechanism where socially unacceptable impulses or idealizations are consciously transformed into socially acceptable actions or behaviour, possibly converting the initial impulse in the long term.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sublimation_(psychology)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Thu 22 Mar, 2012 02:25 am
@thack45,
Good o.k, thanks...Seems like a lot of atheists on here, give 2 shits about what is good for people in the long run...

and second, by your definition from wiki...

TO ANY ATHEIST:

How are theists NOT progressing humanity? based on the wiki definition...and how atheists use this and say they are "progressing humanity"?....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:13 am
@tenderfoot,
Quote:
What spenbullshitouses realy said......

The religiouse can't define anything Spade. The just use jargon and labels in an abstract manner which one has to presume impresses the sort of social company they are habitually used to.

Like actresses use spotlights and suchlike. The " THE GOD" belief produces an inevitable circularity in that all conclusions derive from the premiss begun with. In MY case particularly, the circle is so small you could touch your PENIS and put your NOSE around it. Not that you would of course

Another cheap insult dispensed?? I will let him (Spendius) speak for himself...Anyways the reference about my penis means nothing to me...It does not even upset me the slightest...I have come to expect this type of stuff from people who can't get their way, and throw tantrums...Say that kind of ****, if you feel it really is a post worth the time to even read...

In the mean time...Why don't you be courageous enough to explain to me (since many of your atheists buddy's won't/can't/don't have an answer to, or care to explain) What "so-called" gullible, brainwashed dogmatic people that are easily persuadable are "buying into" in an atheistic society??
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Thu 22 Mar, 2012 07:19 am
@spendius,
Your 100% correct Spendius...I do not believe for one second, that any atheist ever fully answered your question...Not even close...one said people have...Then when I asked him, he basically told me to go spend possibly hundreds of hours going thru evolution threads, rather than explaining it to me....I have tested that to see who is truthful, and who wasn't...I am sure you noticed, but I have asked about 6 different atheists the question, since I am relatively new here...and for people who do not stop talking long enough to hear themselves think, nor what others are saying...NOT ONE even gave it a wimpy-ass answer.... Wink Wink Mr. Green Mr. Green 2 Cents
0 Replies

spendius

Thu 22 Mar, 2012 10:36 am
@tenderfoot,
Quote:
The " THE GOD" belief produces an inevitable circularity in that all conclusions derive from the premiss begun with.

That's self-evidently incorrect because the God belief is open ended and offers a range of choices all of which are potentially subject to recalibration and restyling. There are thousands of religions from the Abhidhammas to the Zurvans. The trick is to match the religion to the environmental conditions to maximum effect. Possibly environmental circumstances in the US at this time is not as good a match as has been achieved in the past or in Europe.

Geoffrey Gorer predicted in the 1930s that the US would revert to the religion of the aborigininals and that totem poles and loin cloths will come back into fashion. When I saw a programme about the Burning Man it struck me that Geoff might not have been as daft as I had previously thought. When I saw the number of men wearing shorts at a US golf tournament, not the players of course, just the bare-leg brigade, I started thinking he might have had some excellent chicken entrails to interpret.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 22 Mar, 2012 10:48 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You wrote,
Quote:

Why should I? It's your imagination at work that will define it in your own subjective way. I didn't use those words, so why are you asking me to define it? Define it yourself!
tenderfoot

Thu 22 Mar, 2012 06:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Hey **** shoveler this is what you meant to say.
Seriously? As if Gullable brain washed theists feel this way?? How was I (in any of my rambling) ANY BETTER AT ALL with saying what I said at the end?? Than what creasy originally posted?? But yet so many atheists talk truthfully about the religious being bias??? And atheists are for " not believing in fairy storys"? And NOT for themselves??

So I guess I did not learn anything at all from a post like creasy's...and people know the world isn't flat and is going where it's going, and why Gods hide behind the back of twits like me??
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 08:11 am
@tenderfoot,
Nope, not what I meant to say! Wink Mr. Green 2 Cents

P.S. And thanks for the **** shoveler part...But just so you know...That is not why my handle is Spadesmaster...But thanks for asking, rather than professing!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 08:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Why should I? It's your imagination at work that will define it in your own subjective way. I didn't use those words, so why are you asking me to define it? Define it yourself!

So I guess giving gruffalo a vote up, when people have gone out of their way to vote Creasy's down, is not a contradiction at all to you? and is not being bias??

You do not have to describe it to me...It is bullshit to think that many atheists on here actually care about "progressing humanity" this is clear, and obvious...Or they would not feel like it is a good thing, or helps people in the long run to attack, and fling insults....
cicerone imposter

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 11:44 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
You have arrived at a conclusion that's a personal opinion and nothing else!

You wrote,
Quote:
many atheists on here actually care about "progressing humanity"

FYI, personal opinions of this kind only derives from not knowing or understanding reality. The "facts" back me up on this as not just my personal opinion. Your belief in a god is based on nothing more than imagination and faith. You can't prove that any god exists.

It's been proven through research that "praying for others do not work."

Where's your god? In your own brain where it resides like a tattoo that was learned from your parents.

Religion is an accident of birth. Depending on what religion your parents believed in is what their children usually ends up believing. That's the reason why in this world, if you are born in Italy or South America, you're probably a Catholic. If in most Asian countries, probably a Buddhist. In the Middle East, more than likely a Muslim. In India, it's Hinduism. Get the picture? There are many gods, and their believers all think their god is the only god(s).

In ancient times, gods were "created" from nature or mythology. There used to be sun gods, moon gods, and star gods. There were different gods and goddesses in Greek mythology, and they were very impressive gods and goddesses; they built monuments for those gods. Even some royalties declared themselves a god.

These are facts.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 12:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
It is also a fact, I was converted from atheism to Christianity...and searched every major religion I could grasp in looking for God who was calling me...

So that puts a stamper on your History of religion to every person who believes in faith in a God(s)...

Quote:
It's been proven through research that "praying for others do not work."

I have SEEN with my own 2 eye balls prayer works...I have been to healing masses, that when touched by a Saint who had a stigmata they were knocked off their feet!...I have been cured from illnesses from it, I know people who have been...From a healing mass...

Please explain this "proof" that says prayers do not work? I am interested in hearing this indeed!
cicerone imposter

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 01:52 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Your own two eyes are limited to one person; research involves thousands.

Your myopia is blinding you from truth and reality.
cicerone imposter

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 01:59 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Here's a report by Mayo Clinic on prayer.

Quote:
Working in a large medical center like Mayo, Mr. Marek said, "You hear tons of stories about the power of prayer, and I don't doubt them."

In the study, the researchers monitored 1,802 patients at six hospitals who received coronary bypass surgery, in which doctors reroute circulation around a clogged vein or artery.

The patients were broken into three groups. Two were prayed for; the third was not. Half the patients who received the prayers were told that they were being prayed for; half were told that they might or might not receive prayers.

The researchers asked the members of three congregations — St. Paul's Monastery in St. Paul; the Community of Teresian Carmelites in Worcester, Mass.; and Silent Unity, a Missouri prayer ministry near Kansas City — to deliver the prayers, using the patients' first names and the first initials of their last names.

The congregations were told that they could pray in their own ways, but they were instructed to include the phrase, "for a successful surgery with a quick, healthy recovery and no complications."

Analyzing complications in the 30 days after the operations, the researchers found no differences between those patients who were prayed for and those who were not.

In another of the study's findings, a significantly higher number of the patients who knew that they were being prayed for — 59 percent — suffered complications, compared with 51 percent of those who were uncertain. The authors left open the possibility that this was a chance finding. But they said that being aware of the strangers' prayers also may have caused some of the patients a kind of performance anxiety.
izzythepush

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 02:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The thing is, you're trying to prove something you can't. It's said that faith is so important, and any proof would take away the need for faith. It can be argued that research on prayer would be testing faith, and that any positive result would take away the need for faith. Therefore any research on prayer is pointless because it's 'sinful' prayer, in that it tests faith, something believers shouldn't do. The research invalidates the prayer.
spendius

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 02:14 pm
@izzythepush,
The research invalidates everybody involved and the word research. I find it hard to believe that happened.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 05:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Izzy, and Spendius...

Now those are 2 posts worthy of a thumb up!
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Fri 23 Mar, 2012 11:10 pm
@Frank Apisa,
hey Frank, Tiger is leading after 2 rounds this week!
0 Replies